Brimah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's our baby who we get to watch grow up. Amazing as good (better) as he has become, he is nowhere near what he will be.

This will be Ollie's first signature 'development' recruit (think Calhoun/Hilton) when he is finished.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you BB fans know about this, but Coach Diaco brought in a big-time strength coach from the SEC.

The football players are already saying they are in the best shape of their lives.

Can't wait until he has an off season with Brimah - i bet he puts on 20 lbs.

So they share the same S&C coach, correct? I always felt we could improve a bit in that regard.

Reaction Score
there was a comment late in the game that UCONN was +14 with him on the floor and -9 without. :D

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lets not get carried away, he will probably get abused tomorrow night like he did the last time we played the Cards.

No, lets get carried away. He won the game for us. They went into the tank when he sat in the 1st and pulled ahead when he got back in.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They need to start strong and keep Louisville off the boards and avoid run outs.. easier said than done I know..

The key to tonight's game will be what it always is against a Pitino team. If we don't let the press hurt us we will be fine. What baffles me is how we can be so inept against this (both Memphis & Cibcy gave us fits when they employed it as well) with two quality ball handling guards, two forwards with pretty decent handles who can pass very well, and that those four are two seniors and two juniors. We should be able to move through the press like its nothing, instead we panic, if we beat the initial pressure we lose sight of the secondary press (defenders catching up from behind) or we rush our passes or our offense instead of identifying where the defense is weak (due to court imbalance the press created) and attacking that weakness. This is where we miss Blaney, the 08-09 team put on a clinic cutting the press into pieces.

Reaction Score
Amidah changes our complexion as a defensive unit and sometimes his blocks start fast breaks.

Defensively though, you see teams put up a lot of rushed shots near the tin when he is in. He is our only big that has that impact. That is not a knock on the other guys as they have their roles as well. It is just that we give up to many uncontested practice style layups when the man with the ball beats his guy and Amidah is not in. There is no hesitation at all by dribbler of going to the tin. Have a feeling we will see some Olander tonight to bang against UL's guy and try to frustrate him by being overly physical on the block. Be nice to send UL out the same way we sent out SU last year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The fact is that Brimah is our center. The other guys are just minutes-eaters at this stage.

Reaction Score
The key to tonight's game will be what it always is against a Pitino team. If we don't let the press hurt us we will be fine. What baffles me is how we can be so inept against this (both Memphis & Cibcy gave us fits when they employed it as well) with two quality ball handling guards, two forwards with pretty decent handles who can pass very well, and that those four are two seniors and two juniors. We should be able to move through the press like its nothing, instead we panic, if we beat the initial pressure we lose sight of the secondary press (defenders catching up from behind) or we rush our passes or our offense instead of identifying where the defense is weak (due to court imbalance the press created) and attacking that weakness. This is where we miss Blaney, the 08-09 team put on a clinic cutting the press into pieces.

That last inbounds play Ollie called yesterday was executed perfectly though.

Reaction Score
Daniels also has a 7 foot+ wingspan , bothers 6'7 power forwards . Will van trees and Harrell carve space like last time? Hope not

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If they call the offensive hook foul, then we have a good chance. I've seen it 1000 times since Thursday and Cincy and Louisville have been primarily the culprits. Once they get those meaty arms around DD or Brimah, its a basket every time.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There was a goaltend early in the first half that made my jaw drop due to AB's athletic ability. He bit on a shot fake, left his feet , and while AB in the air cincinatti player goes up to score hoop. In that time, AB got back down to the floor and jumped back up to block the shot. A goaltend, yeah, but that was one of the sickest athletic examples I've ever seen from a big at uconn. And I've seen him do it this year before. So quick, so explosive. Plus he has such a great FT stroke for a 7 footer. Love this kid, he's going to be an all timer before all is said and done.

Reaction Score
Something that's been sticking in the back on my mind... I wonder if JC is working with KO on game plans ... there's the idea that KO needs to grow by making his own mistakes and putting his own stamp on the program but at the same time no man is an island...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
AB is going to be a beast next year. He is the most athletic 5 that we've ever had, and he's a good FT shooter, which will be a factor once he starts scoring more. He's also got an upper body that can fill out.
When watching him during the open practice for Calhoun Cancer Walkers it was so obvious that the kid was going to develop into a force. Just needed to be patient. Not a spec of fat anywhere. And the kid LOVES(!!) to play.

We are so lucky.

Reaction Score
It would be nice for UConn to run a few plays for Brimah when he gets into the game. Maybe an alley-oop, trying to get Harrell in foul trouble before he gets our bigs into foul trouble. Harrell is a dunking machine, so trying to get him out of the game quickly would be a nice advantage, especially if Brimah can stay out of foul trouble. Louisville is always in attack mode, so lets beat them to it and let them play with foul trouble issues for a change. Beat them at their own game!

Reaction Score
I love Brimah and what he brings to this team; but Andre Drummond would like a word with you.
I have to admit I didn't think about Andre, but he didn't really look all that athletic while he was here, IMO.

Reaction Score
I have to admit I didn't think about Andre, but he didn't really look all that athletic while he was here, IMO.
For a 6-10, 275 guy he has elite athleticism. This one is right up there with Stanley Robinson did not have Big East level athleticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom