Brimah "declares for draft" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brimah "declares for draft"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Enoch "looks like a center" and is a Connecticut native. When you put him up against a string bean from halfway around the world, people will jump to unreasonable conclusions.
It's not even like Brimah is taking away playing time from Enoch either. We lost two senior big men, and Enoch will be a year older. He will get significantly more playing time by default.
We might as well just bench the whole team though since everyone is flawed.

Reaction Score
I guess he feels he owes it to himself
I would be utterly shocked if any NBA team gave him positive reviews
If he doesn't come back next fall with better hands, improved footwork and some type of game 10' in - he can sit on the bench and lets try to develop SE
I see much more of an upside to SE than AB
As a senior the expectations of 12 pts, 8 rebs and 2 blocks per game while averaging 3 fouls is not too much to ask for - does AB have it in him?
I hoping yes........

I havent given up on AB. I like this, this tells me that AB cares about being drafted and wants to know, what exactly do THEY think i need to do to get drafted. Hopefully he hears what he needs to hear, puts in the hard work over the summer and is fueled throughout the season by his desire to get some NBA attention. I still think there is potential to be realized, and I hope this is motivation for him.

Reaction Score
This is funny...with some of these kids declaring scouts must be shaking their heads....its like a D student applying early admission to Harvard Law.
Well, if applying to Harvard Law early allowed a student to potentially sit down and talk with Harvard Law admissions people about what the student might be able to do to get to Harvard Law in the future, and then the student was allowed to go back to undergrad, and pretty much only their next year counted, then yes, I guess it's like Harvard Law.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Brimah has flaws, but are you really suggesting we bench him? Yes let's just bench one of the best shot blockers in the country in his senior year, and a guy who changes our complexion defensively.

When it comes to the AB haters, it's like the Captain in Cool Hand Luke said, "Some men you just can't reach."

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Brimah has flaws, but are you really suggesting we bench him? Yes let's just bench one of the best shot blockers in the country in his senior year, and a guy who changes our complexion defensively.
TBH Brimah has a hand in benching himself. That does not require boneyard intervention.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wonder if the NBA is equipped to evaluate all of the players declaring?
It may be headed towards applying to Harvard - 20 applicants for every 1 admission.

Of course it isn't equipped. It's one reason why most of these kids declaring are delusional fools. There's a finite amount of scouts and time. The next step in this evolution is camps/combines where a couple hundred players will be evaluated over 2-3 days.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
In my nearly 40 years being a UCONN fan, I can't recall another player who showed less improvement from freshman to junior year than AB. Well, besides Mandledove. There is more to the game than blocking shots and an occasional alley-oop.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't practically all juniors with any chance of making the NBA in the next two seasons declare? If I were a junior and had an idea that I could be drafted after my senior year I would definitely declare. Two advantages: 1) if I absolutely blow people away in workouts, I get paid a year early. 2) if I'm not going to be drafted after my junior year after all, and I've tested the water, I'm more aware of and familiar with the process after my senior year when I absolutely am going to be going through it again. Seems like such a no brainer and so obvious a choice.

Reaction Score
In my nearly 40 years being a UCONN fan, I can't recall another player who showed less improvement from freshman to junior year than AB. Well, besides Mandledove. There is more to the game than blocking shots and an occasional alley-oop.

This probably speaks more about your memory, or just general laziness to look over stats for all the players.

Reaction Score
Give Hakeem Olajuwon 15 minjutes with Brimah and then let's see what he can do. So many haters on this board, especially for our own guys. SMH
Heard on the radio just yesterday he charges 50k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom