Brian Flores | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Brian Flores

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So I guess this means Flores isn't going back to NE to coach the defense? Damn. At least Joe Judge is coming back. (Cringe.)

I expect Judge to be QB coach or RB coach. Hoping Bill O'Brien comes back as OC. Defense is set, didn't lose anybody. But I don't think Flores was a consideration.

Reaction Score
I’ll go back to my idea being something the NFL moves forward with unless someone can poke holes in it.
The league sets a threshold for percentage of minority GMs and head coaches and as long as the league is under that threshold the team hiring a GM gets a pick at the end of the first round and a team hiring the head coach gets a pick at the end of the second round.
I like the idea of prioritizing front office more than coaching since that is where the largest impact and trickle down effect for minorities would be.
A team could hire a minority GM and coach in one offseason and add two picks in the first two rounds.
I’m not sure how else they can do this. They can’t force a team to hire a particular person. This would cause a spike in minority hirings IMO.
owners of a multibillion dollar corporation don’t care if the person is green. You are hiring the best candidate that you trust to run your corporation. These arent public companies and it’s ridiculous for anyone to think they should force owners to meet status quos when making hiring decisions to run such large net worth businesses

They are hiring who they feel is the best every single time regardless of where they came from. All these owners want to win and make more money that’s the name of the game and the bottom line and why they became so successful to be able to purchase these franchises

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jerry Jones doesn't hire the best, he hires those who won't contradict him. These guys want to win but not at the expense of being the boss.

Reaction Score
So now he has added the Texans to his lawsuit. He might as well just sue everyone at this point since no one is ever going to hire him to coach an NFL team after this.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So now he has added the Texans to his lawsuit. He might as well just sue everyone at this point since no one is ever going to hire him to coach an NFL team after this.
As was said before. Discovery will be interesting. I wonder what his allegation is against Houston. They hired a black coach, so perhaps it's that they didn't hire him because he filed the lawsuit? That's just good business sense.

Reaction Score
As was said before. Discovery will be interesting. I wonder what his allegation is against Houston. They hired a black coach, so perhaps it's that they didn't hire him because he filed the lawsuit? That's just good business sense.
That's exactly the allegation. His attorneys put out a statement saying he was not hired because he stood up to racism in the NFL.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That's exactly the allegation. His attorneys put out a statement saying he was not hired because he stood up to racism in the NFL.
Legally, that’s a crappy claim. Even if the others do have merit (I have no idea). Football is an entertainment business, so they can factor in the impact on fans, etc.

Reaction Score
I give credit to the Steelers for walking the walk. The guy can clearly coach and Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league. I think it’s a great opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom