Brendan Adams transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With our 3 freshman and 3 open schollies, this is a HUGE overhaul of our team. A couple good transfers could vault us into an elite team if the staff is able to get them. I think we have a better pitch than we have had fo transfers in years. Tons of open PT on the wing and recent success.

Reaction Score
Not surprising and the right move for all parties. No hard feelings.

Still, how bizarre is it for a guy to go from a starter getting 30 mpg in January to not even getting into the game at the end of the year? Yes, injuries, I know, but still. I don't think I've ever seen it.

Reaction Score
Best of luck, Brendan. That's quite an accomplishment getting an Economics degree in less than 4 years. You represented UConn well. I hope you go to a school where you will get plenty of playing time.

Reaction Score
Not surprising and the right move for all parties. No hard feelings.

Still, how bizarre is it for a guy to go from a starter getting 30 mpg in January to not even getting into the game at the end of the year? Yes, injuries, I know, but still. I don't think I've ever seen it.

Yeah I don't really get it, especially when the rest of the guys were missing layups and 2 foot away from the hoop baskets. Not saying he should have got a ton of minutes but was worth trying to see if someone else could get something going.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Yeah I don't really get it, especially when the rest of the guys were missing layups and 2 foot away from the hoop baskets. Not saying he should have got a ton of minutes but was worth trying to see if someone else could get something going.
If you watched BA play this year you know Hurley made the right move. Nothing but respect for BA and hope he excels in the future.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Had some really good games for us and we never heard a peep about any problems stemming from his drop in PT. I wish him the best of luck and have the utmost confidence he'll find the right place to finish out his college career.

Reaction Score
If you watched BA play this year you know Hurley made the right move. Nothing but respect for BA and hope he excels in the future.

I also watched a lot of other guys get a lot of minutes who did nothing

Reaction Score
Thanks for holding it down while Bouk was out. Did the best you could.

I feel bad you go no Tournament burn time (especially how bad we were playing/shooting) in your career. Had to be tough seeing Ayala torch us, and you could do nothing about it.

Hope he picks a team that will at least let him taste playing in March.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I love BADass' motor. It's no wonder he is succeeding academically like he is.

Reaction Score
That's right. Wasnt that the case with Shonn Miller.

Yep!

And not to be like a total downer... but graduating in 3 years isn't some sign he's a brilliant student. He SEEMS to be a smart kid, but anyone who's on campus for EVERY SINGLE semester, including summers and usually winters... is going to graduate in 3 years. Basketball players at D2 schools can graduate in 3 years if they want--I took the minimum credits I could during the spring because of the basketball season and still managed to have enough credits. I could have left early but needed to student teach which messed with my credits.

I think Gaffney, Cole, Adams, and Rique were all academic team last year in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Curious how many of our Huskies actually graduated early? Okafor, Adams? Should be a wall of honor for them.

Reaction Score
Yep!

And not to be like a total downer... but graduating in 3 years isn't some sign he's a brilliant student. He SEEMS to be a smart kid, but anyone who's on campus for EVERY SINGLE semester, including summers and usually winters... is going to graduate in 3 years. Basketball players at D2 schools can graduate in 3 years if they want--I could have but needed to student teach which messed with my credits.
I get it. The athletes take class year round. They are sorta informally forced to, but that's a different topic. I just think it would be helpful for him to focus on academics. I'm not sure what he wants to do in life, but a long NBA career or even a long career overseas seems unlikely.

Obviously the Ivy League is out (as you said) but getting into elite academic circles seems beneficial. I mean, it sounds like a horrible good ole boys club, but I'm sure there are lots of opportunity as well.

Reaction Score
I get it. The athletes take class year round. They are sorta informally forced to, but that's a different topic. I just think it would be helpful for him to focus on academics. I'm not sure what he wants to do in life, but a long NBA career or even a long career overseas seems unlikely.

Obviously the Ivy League is out (as you said) but getting into elite academic circles seems beneficial. I mean, it sounds like a horrible good ole boys club, but I'm sure there are lots of opportunity as well.

I have friends who played low Division 1 basketball who would not have been asked to transfer to UConn in a million years and they played overseas until they got sick of it. If he's still got the itch to play when his college eligibility is done, he'll be able to.

Reaction Score
I have friends who played low Division 1 basketball who would not have been asked to transfer to UConn in a million years and they played overseas until they got sick of it. If he's still got the itch to play when his college eligibility is done, he'll be able to.

Tyler Olander played professionally until he injured his foot. There's a pro league for everyone.

You just might have a coach that doesn't speak English and live in the most boring place imaginable with no one you know within 10,000 miles of you.

Reaction Score
Christian Foxen was overseas playing basketball. I'm not sure if he still is with everything happening with Covid, but Brendan Adams has a long career playing basketball overseas if he wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom