Brendan Adams transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have friends who played low Division 1 basketball who would not have been asked to transfer to UConn in a million years and they played overseas until they got sick of it. If he's still got the itch to play when his college eligibility is done, he'll be able to.
Yeah, I probably mispoke. I'm sure there are more opportunities than I suggested. It's also his life. He certainly can go that route. And I suppose you're only young once. We'll see I guess.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Can't be a grad student and go Ivy.

Yeah. I thought maybe the Ivy was allowing it as a one-time thing, but apparently it's just for seniors currently at Ivy schools--because the Ivy canceled its season.

Reaction Score
If I were him I'd be looking at an Ivy League school or a school known for academics.
Can't play at an Ivy as a graduate student. Lot of really great academic schools out there that would be a nice level for him. Lehigh comes to mind. Maybe Howard would be a good fit considering he's from Maryland?

Reaction Score
Best of wishes to Brendan great kid. Hope he kills it wherever he lands. Always the first one off the bench to high give and support his teammates even when he was getting DNPs, respect the hell out him.

Husky forever thank you BA!!!!

Reaction Score
Not surprising and the right move for all parties. No hard feelings.

Still, how bizarre is it for a guy to go from a starter getting 30 mpg in January to not even getting into the game at the end of the year? Yes, injuries, I know, but still. I don't think I've ever seen it.
Wonder what came first, the diminished time or BA letting Hurley know he was going Grad elsewhere? I know it's likely the former, but the latter would be a more reasonable explanation.

Best of luck, Brendan!

Reaction Score
Can't play at an Ivy as a graduate student. Lot of really great academic schools out there that would be a nice level for him. Lehigh comes to mind. Maybe Howard would be a good fit considering he's from Maryland?
Richmond comes to mind. Good conference, good school, three of their starters graduate. They have three three-star backcourt commits between their '20 and '21 classes so having Brendan provide a one-year stopgap could be super valuable.

If he's OK to play in a lesser conference William & Mary is a great school and their starting 2 guard is a senior.

Reaction Score
Good for him. He’s been a great teammate and an exceptional student...didn’t he get his degree in 3 years while playing for a high major D1 basketball program?
His degree is ECONOMICS... not for the faint of heart. He'll have an MBA in 2 years, maybe more...

Reaction Score
Do you want him to stay?

Well he's gone according to the tweet. It was more that plenty of people on the team got a bunch of minutes and didnt do anything with them such as Polley.

Ultimately I want someone to step up and be a leader on this team. It doesnt have to be the best player, but there needs to be someone out there that's respected by the players to get this team to play cohesively. Maybe its RJ Cole?

Reaction Score
Well he's gone according to the tweet. It was more that plenty of people on the team got a bunch of minutes and didnt do anything with them such as Polley.

Ultimately I want someone to step up and be a leader on this team. It doesnt have to be the best player, but there needs to be someone out there that's respected by the players to get this team to play cohesively. Maybe its RJ Cole?
Well with his scholarship opening up that gives us another chance to find an impact player, something that Brendan Adams wasn't.

Reaction Score
His degree is ECONOMICS... not for the faint of heart. He'll have an MBA in 2 years, maybe more...
Wonder if he could finish his MBA while still on scholarship? That would be a unique achievement.

Others can probably say, but does he have 2 years left if he chooses? What would of been his fourth year and an extra year for Covid?

Also, I know the Covid/eligibility thing has been discussed ad nauseum. So feel free to yell at me and accuse me of being a casual fan.

Reaction Score
“In my three years at UConn,” Adams said in a message he released on Twitter on Tuesday,” I have grown into the man that I am today and I am proud to graduate this year with a B.A. in Economics and a minor in Urban and Community Studies. I would not trade my time here for anything. Thank you UConn!”

“I would like to thank my many coaches and staff who have taught me many lessons that I have grown drastically from,” Adams said. “I would also like to thank my teammates that I have built lifelong bonds and shared timeless memories with.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adams has also done a significant favor to Hurley to have these decisions resolved early so everybody knows where they stand. I don't know how fast Hurley meets with each player, but I hope all the seniors declare themselves as staying or going in quick succession. Thanks to all the guys for this difficult year. Isolation at their age had to be brutal.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he goes to a school where he can get a lot of PT and enjoy his final year of eligibility (is it even? I can't keep track anymore with the COVID exception).
How many years of eligibility does he have.
1,2, or even 3 with the Covid factor?
He is an unusual case in an even more unusual year.

Reaction Score
Wish him the absolute best. Great kid and teammate. He just isnt gifted enough physically to have the type of impact he`d like to have at this level and thats ok. He will do very well imho at a mid major and make a team better on and off the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom