2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Took a cruise over to RR and the IU board this AM regarding Mullins and Lewis. That UK fanbase is a gluttonous bunch as anytime their name is mentioned alongside a recruit they expect to get them, like giddy pirates. It’s fairly delusional on a mass psychology scale.

IU thinks Jasper Johnson will deter Mullins from even considering UK, as the comparison is Caleb Love, never met a shot he didn’t like. The UK fan base thinks if they can get him on campus they can dazzle. One credible IU fan who has seen Mullins play thinks he’s a 2 year kid minimum, will need to build strength and time to adjust to college level. He doesn’t see him as a day 1 starter at a top program. This would bode well for us as guard development is a strength, especially if given 2 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Took a cruise over to RR and the IU board this AM regarding Mullins and Lewis. That UK fanbase is a gluttonous bunch as anytime their name is mentioned alongside a recruit they expect to get them, like giddy pirates. It’s fairly delusional on a mass psychology scale.

IU thinks Jasper Johnson will deter Mullins from even considering UK, as the comparison is Caleb Love, never met a shot he didn’t like. The UK fan base thinks if they can get him on campus they can dazzle. One credible IU fan who has seen Mullins play thinks he’s a 2 year kid minimum, will need to build strength and time to adjust to college level. He doesn’t seem him as a day 1 starter at a top program. This would bode well for us as guard development is a strength, especially if given 2 years.
RR are a delusional bunch of IDIOTS! They cried for years that Squid was only there for the money and then cried worse that how could DH turn down their offer with all the money. Now they cry that they never wanted him , Head bang

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Here’s what an Indiana staff mod on their recruiting board had to say about the latest on Mullins:

A few thoughts on Braylon Mullins.

These are just opinions from reading the tea leaves, so take them for what they are: I think North Carolina did an outstanding job on his official visit there, and I think UNC now matters in this recruitment. We know Indiana and UConn matter.

I think how much the family likes Dusty May and his system has Michigan still in the mix, and Kentucky remains in the mix as well. Now, whether the Kentucky official visit set for Oct. 25 happens or not, I think time will tell on that. Could go either way on that, in my opinion. He has already made a Kentucky unofficial visit, so they could stay in the mix even without an official visit.

His Indiana official visit is this weekend, and I think that's a very big visit for Indiana.

Reaction Score
This is an updated article about our recruits and some visits this week.
It appears UConn will be visiting Mullins and Reibe again, both visits will be this Thursday.
Going to be a busy week for the staff.

You ever get that feeling and think "I can see it. I can see the chessboard."

Mixing my game metaphors, but the dominos are about to start falling.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score

Hey whatever gets us to numero…Uno.

Reaction Score

Yep. This weeks events could be a good tell.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Some more interesting posts from their insiders in regards to UConn.

Take it FWIW, especially with the date. It seems like they talk with Mullins and his family.
IMG_6189.jpeg
IMG_6187.jpeg

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The Indiana 247 board is surprisingly very active and the Kentucky board is pretty dry.

Reaction Score
hat UK fanbase is a gluttonous bunch as anytime their name is mentioned alongside a recruit they expect to get them, like giddy pirates. It’s fairly delusional on a mass psychology scale.
they're a bunch of vultures shrieking "where's my natty?! where's my natty?!" from up in Rupp's rafters.

Reaction Score
they're a bunch of vultures shrieking "where's my natty?! where's my natty?!" from up in Rupp's rafters.
Definitely hard to stomach - like spoiled kids. As soon as they hear a tinge of news, they are dreaming up hypothetical narratives that wildly favor them. As if their meh arena and lore are so intoxicating who can resist! In being empathetic, they’ve dealt with a lot of Cal pulling whoever he wants for 15 years and winning nothing. Now all their hope rests with Pope doing similar but actually winning. Very easy fanbase to route against, and watching them lose into the sky is falling mode is super entertaining.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is one of those situations where Hurley may avoid setting precedent - and not look to match IU on $$ if too steep. Once you do it, then future recruits know it’s possible to squeeze you. He strikes me as someone that will stick to his philosophy, avoid bringing a fat cat into the locker room as not to rock the chemistry. The last thing he’s going to want is a kid that angles for the cash, who then may think they’re also above the work. It requires a level of humility to fit the culture. I can see recruits leveraging him up, but only to a point that is market reasonable.
Both for the coach and the recruit. Our coach, team and staff are all in. This is UConn.

Reaction Score
Spent some time thinking about this.

Mullins and Adams are clearly competing for the same spot. They'll both be in a role something like Hawkins. Lower-usage high efficiency 3-point shooters. Mullins brings a bit better size (still small though) and a better drive to the mix than Adams. Adams is a pretty known commodity playing on the EYBL HS circuit. Mullins is higher ceiling and probably lower floor.

Lewis is likely being recruited in his own right. He's completely different than either of them. True lead guard who always wants the ball in his hands making plays. He'll be our Newton in his sophomore or junior year.

Thomas strikes a balance between the two. Bucket-getter who can still pass and lead the team a bit. Strikes me more as a Cam Spencer role than the others. I wouldn't ever say Adams or Mullins look like they'll play like Cam did, but Thomas has the versatility.

Reaction Score
Players and schools are in the midst of their official visits. This season, it seemed the process got started a little later, but things are currently in full swing and should continue that way until signing day in late November. So let’s lay out the latest recruiting intel as some of the schools are starting to pick up some momentum with top-ranked prospects.

4-star SG Braylon Mullins​

INTEL: Braylon Mullins had a huge summer jumping to No. 22 in the current 2025 On3 Industry Ranking. The 6-foot-5 shooting guard has taken official visits to UConn, UNC, and Michigan. He has upcoming dates scheduled with Indiana (9/20) and Kentucky (10/25).

Earlier this week Mullins canceled his visits to Duke and Tennessee. Talking with some about his recruitment this week, the program I continue to hear about the most is UConn. Multiple sources have told me that the feeling is Indiana and Kentucky are long shots, however, it is worth paying attention to each campus that Mullins steps on. I am told that both programs do have an understanding of where things are and have made it a point to let Mullins know he is a priority. Sources tell me the plan remains for Mullins to commit during the Early Signing Period.

May ultimately be why things have gone quiet with Thomas. I can see a couple two guard combo gets, the one I can’t see is Thomas and Mullins. They’re different, but do play similar positions in the 2/3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

IU thinks Jasper Johnson will deter Mullins from even considering UK, as the comparison is Caleb Love, never met a shot he didn’t like. The UK fan base thinks if they can get him on campus they can dazzle. One credible IU fan who has seen Mullins play thinks he’s a 2 year kid minimum, will need to build strength and time to adjust to college level. He doesn’t see him as a day 1 starter at a top program. This would bode well for us as guard development is a strength, especially if given 2 years.
Kentucky twitter is even better. Convinced themselves that any recruit UK doesn’t get, it’s because UK didn’t want them. Joe Adams is one of the more entertaining UK “insiders”, claiming that Duke and UK are in the lead for Acaden (and a couple days earlier claiming UNC was in the lead), and also claiming they didn’t want Tounde and backed off. Will be funny to see their tweets claiming they backed off of Lewis and Mullins once they commit here…

Reaction Score
Let me guess: Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, UConn, Michigan
Only surprise possibility I could imagine is Duke
A top 5 at this point seems sort of pointless

Reaction Score
That’s the list, Duke is out. UNC and UM long long shots. IU visit this weekend, with Reibe. UK visit still on calendar for end of October, which is odd at this point. I would think that gets moved up or canceled. List is probably truly 3.

One IU “insider” seems to think IU is a done deal, UConn only in it via Hurley’s persistence. Parents are going to want him to be nearby, and that the logistics around the UNC visit is what ruled out Duke, and will be what ultimately snubs Uconn. I have to ask the parents, how are you going to follow him around the NBA? Oh the dirt, whether real or not! This is some good chisme.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We'll see if what Adams does or thinks in the next few days impacts Braylon.

Adams has a visit scheduled to Mich St this weekend, and Mullins has a big joint visit to Indiana with Reibe and Sisely. Both other schools are considered top choices, but the thinking is that UConn is the favorite for both. We'll be seeing Braylon post Adams visit tomorrow, so he'll be fully briefed on what Adams is thinking.

We'll see if they both decide to take their visits this weekend or if one of them pulls the lever before the weekend to claim their spot. There's a game theory element where if they both decide to go on visits UConn is still safe for both. But if either picks "steal"...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We'll see if what Adams does or thinks in the next few days impacts Braylon.

Adams has a visit scheduled to Mich St this weekend, and Mullins has a big joint visit to Indiana with Reibe and Sisely. Both other schools are considered top choices, but the thinking is that UConn is the favorite for both. We'll be seeing Braylon post Adams visit tomorrow, so he'll be fully briefed on what Adams is thinking.

We'll see if they both decide to take their visits this weekend or if one of them pulls the lever before the weekend to claim their spot. There's a game theory element where if they both decide to go on visits UConn is still safe for both. But if either picks "steal"...
UConn is the favorite for Mullins? Where are you hearing this. That's awesome if true.

Jake Weingarten thinks UConn is in a great position with Niko Bundalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom