2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 24 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
Mullins needing more than one year (and this was always pretty obvious) would lead me to think he’s not going to a coach that may not be there for year two. While he could transfer, wouldn’t you rather have continuity with a proven developmental coach and program?

I honestly have a hard time thinking he doesn’t know where he’s going. Barham isn’t going to say he’s made a decision, especially if he’s the one sitting with him during announcement. That would kill the suspense. I cannot fathom what he can be postulating on at this point. He’s had all the info for awhile.
If Mullins comes to UConn he'll be in the NBA after a 1 year. If Mullins goes to Indiana he'll be in the NBA after 2 years, after transferring to UConn

Reaction Score
This post got me thinking, what is the worst take ever in the history of The Boneyard?
That guy that tried to fire Hurley at halftime of the Iona game.

Reaction Score
I think it was Rob on Top Dogs who said the BE is 22 and 6 in The tournament the last few years. There are reasons why recruits go elsewhere but I just do see the league as being a big deterrent
Well we are responsible for 12 of those wins

Reaction Score
This seems like a good sign. FWIW he doesn’t follow the UNC or Indiana store…
IMG_0432.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That guy that tried to fire Hurley at halftime of the Iona game.
Where art though WeAreUconn? It seems as though his prefrontal cortex stopped working in old age. Would love his take now two NCs later? Bad Uconnfan protection program?

Reaction Score
Big East doesn't have football and in many cases is able to spend more on NIL for basketball players than lower tier power conference schools who need to support massive football rosters.

For example, Georgetown spends more on NIL for basketball than most of the ACC. Providence has a higher rumored NIL budget than Wake Forest basketball, etc.
I woulda been happy watching BE games until I die but revenue sharing will be the straw that broke the BE’s back. Now wake forest and BC will be able to spend $10mill on bball players just because

Reaction Score
I woulda been happy watching BE games until I die but revenue sharing will be the straw that broke the BE’s back. Now wake forest and BC will be able to spend $10mill on bball players just because
Yes this will change the game in this regard. But still stands to be seen by how much. A lot of the reports are that most P4 teams are going to do an 80/20 split and so that's 5 mil to basketball, which BE teams can hopefully compete with. For UConn specifically, though, it'll still take us from "on the high side" in NIL to probably closer to average in P4 or so, and nowhere near the top teams who will do like a 50/50 split or whatever with football and spend 10-15 mil on basketball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
By the way, remember when Mullins visited and he deleted all his school visit photos? Wonder if he was about to commit back then, but held off just to be sure?

Reaction Score
Scheyer has yet to prove he can coach his way out of a paper bag yet he got five 5*s and a 4* and a bunch of good transfers in his second season just because it’s Duke

It’s ridiculous that it’s so hard for Hurley. He’s the best coach and has the best staff in the country and just won back to back chips
1000%! If you’re a 5*, you’re thinking in terms of a one-year development program. So you ignore ancient history, and instead you focus on who’s winning games and who’s sending players into the NBA.

[Okay, maybe DH doesn't always come off like the “saintly” Coach K or Roy Williams, but c’mon, he’s no Jim Calhoun. Should it really be more complicated than that?]

Reaction Score
Big East doesn't have football and in many cases is able to spend more on NIL for basketball players than lower tier power conference schools who need to support massive football rosters.

For example, Georgetown spends more on NIL for basketball than most of the ACC. Providence has a higher rumored NIL budget than Wake Forest basketball, etc.
Correct and this never seems to be talked about. It's why UConn will always be in a super tough position as is and the other Big East schools will be alright. I think we end up in the Big 12 within a year.

Reaction Score
Is it possible for someone to explain this revenue sharing thing and how it will adversely affect bball only schools and the Big East? If this isn't the place, then just ignore.

Reaction Score
How is he hinting this. Please explain for us "not in the know" UCONN fans.
Essentially said there’s been a lot more UConn talk and less UConn or Indiana

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom