2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
I have UConn as 3rd after UK and Duke per 247. We’re unlikely to be higher than that this year after Cal, Duke and UK finish up.
Of course rankings could prove inaccurate in hindsight but that’s not the point. And Idk what you’re talking about…last years class was 63.51 team points. Adams Mullins and Bundalo are worth 64.52 points using the class calculator.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“I still don’t know if I want to go far yet, or not,” he said. “It’s also going to be a challenge taking a bet (on) yourself and going far. IU is only an hour away so it’s a different standpoint for all three schools. So I don’t know what to do yet and need to talk to my parents about that.”

Reaction Score
If his parents want him to stay it sounds like he might stay since he himself is unsure if he wants to travel per his own words. Not an inspiring article for UConn but who knows

caw

Reaction Score
Most kids don't go to college 900 miles away--they get homesick.

You probably aren't wrong but a lot probably also has to do with going to schools they a) can get into more easily and b) cost less in going to a local public state school.

awy

Reaction Score
so basically for mullins if he wants to be a pro and grow up as a man he will take on the UConn challenge.

Reaction Score
The article says NC was in on Monday WITH STAFF, so clearly Hurley brought the whole staff on Thursday to show Mullins equivalent importance to us. I have wanted Mullins the most, but along the way I have always felt that he was a local rooted kid who would pick Indiana or Kentucky where he is close to home, could play with friends, and be the hometown hero like Clingan was here. The close to home aspect I thought was important to have his family attend games, but it seems that it is more the comfort of him being close to potentially deal with homesickness. His mom brought him to Wooten in Vegas so they do travel. He is going to get NIL and thrive on the court at any of the 3 so I sense if he hasn't resolved the distance yet....I better get psychologically ready to cry in my beer. Its ok to make a comfortable decision.

Reaction Score
Half of these 5 stars are doing HS ball away from home. Sisley is at Montverde.

You’re also playing to get into the NBA, not sure being close to home is the approach you want. He’s just spoon feeding the locals some lip service to make them think it’s a hard decision.

He’s mentioned Storrs feels like Greenfield. He’ll have Andrea baking cookies for the him and the team. This kid is a Husky, can feel it in the bones.

Reaction Score
Remember when Clingan made his decision, Hurley hadn't won on the big stage, Carlton had been driven off by not fitting the system and Hurley was selling that he would accommodate Clingan with changes just like Woodson is saying he will now with shooting. Adama had not taken the big step yet and Michigan was coached by a big man with nba pedigree and a 7'4 Hunter Dickenson as proof of coaching bigs. Clingan had stayed in Bristol for HS against the advice of @husky429 while so many others went to basketball factories. Note that Mullins has gone that route also. I just sense he has the same decision as Clingan with the same value system and I have hope but I can also see local. If he picks UNC then ...NEVER MIND In that case I never had a clue.

Reaction Score
I think that quote is a good sign. UConn is far, if I go there I will be betting on myself. IU is close and comfortable. A competitive D1 athlete is always going to bet on themselves, figuratively speaking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom