2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
The Hunter thing definitely worked out well for us. I was fuzzy on the timing of how everything went down, but I definitely remember his statement that he was at Indiana to win a championship, said in a way that could be easily construed as UCONN under DH did not provide such a chance. Was a B comment on his part.
Could be Hurley asked to much of him by his estimation &/or didn't see Hurley's vision.

Reaction Score
They apparently have a secret new offense that will shoot more 3s this year, that Mullins has seen in practice. More split actions, buzz words, yadda yada.

The real problem is that Woodson isn't good at teaching offense in the first place. And they have 5 score-first mentality players in the starting lineup.
Not that I disagree with you but the same amount of skepticism probably was around Hurley before our big change two years ago

Reaction Score
Could be Hurley asked to much of him by his estimation &/or didn't see Hurley's vision.
No doubt, and I know less than nothing about this topic, other than he did not need to say what he said about winning a championship.

Reaction Score

Kimani was named Associate Head Coach over him. He felt some type of way about that and left for Indiana, saying he was doing so to win championships. He also thought he could try and help Archie Miller keep his job. This all happened in August of 2020, with the official announcements coming in September. Miller got fired and now has Hurley’s old job, and UConn went back to back. I think it’s all worked out quite nicely.

Aside from that, Braylon knows what the right decision is, he just has to trust himself and make it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
at this point it's fair to say thomas is chasing the bag if it's b/w Ark and K-St. no other way to spin that.
looking more and more likely that we wind up w/ Adams, Mullins, Bundalo.
three 5*s would have to be our best class ever. 4peat?

Mahaney / Nowell
Ball / Adams
Mullins / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reed / Bundalo
Me thinks Nowell/McNeely/Abraham ain’t nothing to sneeze at. I think for what this program needs year over year as good a class as you ask for.

That would be a get. Where Reibe goes will be interesting to see play out. Staff seems to be putting a lot of energy into him and Mullins.

Reaction Score
Kimani was named Associate Head Coach over him. He felt some type of way about that and left for Indiana, saying he was doing so to win championships. He also thought he could try and help Archie Miller keep his job. This all happened in August of 2020, with the official announcements coming in September. Miller got fired and now has Hurley’s old job, and UConn went back to back. I think it’s all worked out quite nicely.

Aside from that, Braylon knows what the right decision is, he just has to trust himself and make it.
He’s struggling with how to let the state of Indiana down softly. I think he already knows where he wants to go

Reaction Score
I don’t get the , he has to stay close so my parents can watch.
My daughter chose to play field hockey at Duke ( yes I know). My wife and I drove to nearly every game last season because WE wanted to watch her play.
As much as I hate that she chose Puke I would never force my kid to go somewhere they were not comfortable and or happy going too. She felt it was the best school for her.

I still will not wear any Puke gear though!!!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The player I have wanted the most in this recruiting class. He brings range and is a knowledgeable player.

Reaction Score
Me thinks Nowell/McNeely/Abraham ain’t nothing to sneeze at
Not sneezing but they were the 11th ranked class last year. This threesome would have ranked 6th

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom