Brandon Zermeno - late QB add for depth | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Brandon Zermeno - late QB add for depth

Reaction Score
Can the WRs throw a block once in a while on those WR screens?
Isn't that the truth!. I've marveled for years at how other teams can make yardage on those plays and we can't get out of our own way.

Reaction Score
I buy all the woe is me player availability, freshman, competition; but the offensive players have a great advantage on the defense. They know the play and where they are supposed to go. You can claim there is no scheme issues when a pro set offense gets 24 yards of passing on 20 passes and barely 100 yards total offense, I say hold the coaches to a higher standard.

Hawaii and CS both passed for over 100 yards and between them threw 1 interception against Michigan. UConn ran 53 plays to get 110 yards of offense against Michigan. Hawaii and CS are a combined 0-6 and have scored a total of 70 points in those 6 loses. UConn's offensive performance against Michigan was far, far worse than these other two 0-3 teams.

Not saying fire the offensive coordinator, or start the new QB. Saying included in the inability to move the ball was crappy offensive scheme and poor play calling. Calling that Millen run on 4th down after the timeout with Michigan in a run blitz formation was just another coaching mistake among many.

Let's do a little "what is ok passing performance against NCST" game. NCST has given up about 225 yards per game and lowest being 114 against the Charlston Southern Buccaneers.

Will UConn's passing offense exceed:

1. 24 yards gained against Michigan;
2. 83 yards per game UConn has averaged in 3 FBS loses;
3. 114 yards Charlston Southern gained against NCST;
4. 119 yards UConn achieved in highest yardage FBS game against UTS;
5. 225 yards. the average NCST has given up in passing in 3 games

Say what you think is ok before the game, not rationalize after the fact that a turd was really just good fertilizer.

I'm saying I have confidence in UConn coaches and players and UConn passing yardage will be the highest of the season against FBS opponent.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I think we will see Tyler Phommachanh at some point this year - coming back from ACL playing against Michigan and NC State isn't exactly a recipe for re-establishing confidence post injury. Mora has clearly been very cautious with him and can't say I blame him with the injuries mounting the way they are. I think Turner will definitely start the next two games and then get an opportunity to show he can move the ball once we get to the more winnable games, and if not, Tyler Phommachanh will get his chance. JMO

Reaction Score
I buy all the woe is me player availability, freshman, competition; but the offensive players have a great advantage on the defense. They know the play and where they are supposed to go. You can claim there is no scheme issues when a pro set offense gets 24 yards of passing on 20 passes and barely 100 yards total offense, I say hold the coaches to a higher standard.

Hawaii and CS both passed for over 100 yards and between them threw 1 interception against Michigan. UConn ran 53 plays to get 110 yards of offense against Michigan. Hawaii and CS are a combined 0-6 and have scored a total of 70 points in those 6 loses. UConn's offensive performance against Michigan was far, far worse than these other two 0-3 teams.

Not saying fire the offensive coordinator, or start the new QB. Saying included in the inability to move the ball was crappy offensive scheme and poor play calling. Calling that Millen run on 4th down after the timeout with Michigan in a run blitz formation was just another coaching mistake among many.

Let's do a little "what is ok passing performance against NCST" game. NCST has given up about 225 yards per game and lowest being 114 against the Charlston Southern Buccaneers.

Will UConn's passing offense exceed:

1. 24 yards gained against Michigan;
2. 83 yards per game UConn has averaged in 3 FBS loses;
3. 114 yards Charlston Southern gained against NCST;
4. 119 yards UConn achieved in highest yardage FBS game against UTS;
5. 225 yards. the average NCST has given up in passing in 3 games

Say what you think is ok before the game, not rationalize after the fact that a turd was really just good fertilizer.

I'm saying I have confidence in UConn coaches and players and UConn passing yardage will be the highest of the season against FBS opponent.
It would be a great analysis, but all it shows is that those other crappy teams are much better than throwing the ball than us. None of it shows why -- schemes, injuries and/or personnel.

Given that Mora has a track record that college players don't, I know where the smart money is. But you are entitled to say it's the coaches and the schemes all you want, because that could only be disproven by firing the coaches now and let someone else do better with the same personnel. And we both know that isn't going to happen (and shouldn't).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom