Brandon Zermeno - late QB add for depth | The Boneyard

Brandon Zermeno - late QB add for depth

Reaction Score
This is simply not true.

"The staff has turned to true freshman Zion Turner, who has done about as well as anyone could reasonably expect given the circumstances."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is simply not true.

"The staff has turned to true freshman Zion Turner, who has done about as well as anyone could reasonably expect given the circumstances."
Its an opinion..............

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Personally, our anemic offense last weekend not withstanding, I like Zion. The kid doesn’t hang his head or complain. He competes on every play. His post game comments are talking about not the bad hand he’s been dealt, but rather what he needs to do to be better. Yes, he makes plenty of mistakes. He’s got some bad throws, he tends to lock in on a single target and has missed seeing open receivers. But those are things you would expect of a true freshman quarterback, and are the reasons why people don’t play them.

As I said above, I like this kid. He’s tough. I definitely wish we had a better option right now, and I definitely wish he was surrounded by the complete healthy team, which would give us a better sense of how he’s doing, but he’s got character and toughness. That’s not a bad start.

Reaction Score
Its an opinion..............

I understand everyone is sick of being terrible but getting frustrated with Zion is a bit ridiculous. He's 18, got to campus this summer and just played two of the better team in the country with the rest of our team as his surrounding talent. I think that is what was being considered when he says "about as well as anyone could reasonably expect".

Reaction Score
Personally, our anemic offense last weekend not withstanding, I like Zion. The kid doesn’t hang his head or complain. He competes on every play. His post game comments are talking about not the bad hand he’s been dealt, but rather what he needs to do to be better. Yes, he makes plenty of mistakes. He’s got some bad throws, he tends to lock in on a single target and has missed seeing open receivers. But those are things you would expect of a true freshman quarterback, and are the reasons why people don’t play them.

As I said above, I like this kid. He’s tough. I definitely wish we had a better option right now, and I definitely wish he was surrounded by the complete healthy team, which would give us a better sense of how he’s doing, but he’s got character and toughness. That’s not a bad start.

What is wrong with you? No level headed assessments allowed here. ;)

Reaction Score
100% agree. He's been a victim of having ZERO playmakers and trash playcalling. No one should have anything negative to say about how Zion handles himself. He hasn't been given even a remote chance to be successful.

They are calling the plays he can execute. And he is limited because he’s only been in college for less than 60 days.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'd comment on his hair, but I don't want to invoke Godwin's Law.
Better?

1663610461279.jpeg

Reaction Score
I understand everyone is sick of being terrible but getting frustrated with Zion is a bit ridiculous. He's 18, got to campus this summer and just played two of the better team in the country with the rest of our team as his surrounding talent. I think that is what was being considered when he says "about as well as anyone could reasonably expect".

Do you think that Mora expected to be shut out and lose by 50 to Michigan? I don't. I think he has higher expectations for his players and team. I think he expected more of Zion.

Zion has a good running game to rely on. He has had clean pockets and time to pass. He has had a few wide open receivers. He simply has not performed. In four games he hasn't really shown anything. No one expects him to perform at a high level. But he received many reps with the ones all through fall practice. Expecting some level of competency and making plays when they are available is reasonable.

Puma was freshman last year. He was forced into action after an injury. That's a fair comparison. Much less was expected of Puma who played against lesser competition in high school. His stats were close to Zion's. But his production was much better. He flashed. He moved the team.

All people want is for Zion to give them some hope. I think that is not an unreasonable expectation to put on a freshman. By all accounts he is a great kid and very smart. He is being handed an opportunity as well as a challenge. The ball is literally in his hands.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Do you think that Mora expected to be shut out and lose by 50 to Michigan? I don't. I think he has higher expectations for his players and team. I think he expected more of Zion.

Zion has a good running game to rely on. He has had clean pockets and time to pass. He has had a few wide open receivers. He simply has not performed. In four games he hasn't really shown anything. No one expects him to perform at a high level. But he received many reps with the ones all through fall practice. Expecting some level of competency and making plays when they are available is reasonable.

Puma was freshman last year. He was forced into action after an injury. That's a fair comparison. Much less was expected of Puma who played against lesser competition in high school. His stats were close to Zion's. But his production was much better. He flashed. He moved the team.

All people want is for Zion to give them some hope. I think that is not an unreasonable expectation to put on a freshman. By all accounts he is a great kid and very smart. He is being handed an opportunity as well as a challenge. The ball is literally in his hands.

Death, taxes, and @Palatine pining for the backup QB. We're officially back, baby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom