2020 Recruiting: - Brandon Johnson | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Brandon Johnson

Reaction Score
3rd team all MAC this past season..meh
Yeah the numbers are pretty uninspiring beyond the points and rebounds. Don't think there's much to us being on the list

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Right position and a decent shooter for a 4. But yeah, analytics are not kind.

Reaction Score
I actually think offensively he's solid. His shooting percentage is a bit worrisome but his usage rate was incredibly high which I'm sure led to much of the poor percentage.

But there's a decent amount to like. His defensive rebounding percentage (21.4%) would've been the highest rate on our team. For comparison sake, Whaley was #1 for us in this category at 18.2%. His FT rate would've been 2nd on our team and he shoots 74% from the line. Player efficiency rating he'd be 3rd behind Vital and Whaley. He'd be #2 on our team in Win Shares as well.

The analytics tell a different story about him on the defensive end. That'd be a worry of mine. But if you watch this 2 minute clip he's got a bit to his game to like. He looks very comfortable in the middle of a zone. Turned and took the foul line jumper and knocked it down with confidence a few times in this clip. Not much of a leaper.

Reaction Score
33% from three. Akok was 26% and shot well enough to keep the defense honest...33% is plenty good for a 4. With the transfer rule in question regarding sit outs, I'd love to grab a grad transfer so we can ensure that at least 1 of these last two scholarships can play right away.

Reaction Score
Not a bad depth option for a bruiser at the 4/5 spot.

Johnson played 42% of Western Michigan's center minutes and 38% of their PF minutes.

Doubt he'll go here though.

Reaction Score
This kid is good. Played for the old AAU team I coached. He can really put it on the floor. Jumper is okay.

Yep, i've seen him play as well. If his knee is sound, he's a blue collar guy who can score and get to the ft line. Kid plays with an edge. I'm betting he ends up at Dayton or Cincy.

Reaction Score
Too bad he’s not a grad transfer. Aside from rim protection (no idea if he can provide that), he looks like a really good option to step in for Akok next year. Since he already had a RS season, anyone know if he would still have 2 years of eligibility after sitting next year?

Given that we seem to mainly be on bigs for ’21’s recruiting class, I don’t know that I’d want him taking a spot that could go to Etienne or Sanogo or another high upside big.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Too bad he’s not a grad transfer. Aside from rim protection (no idea if he can provide that), he looks like a really good option to step in for Akok next year. Since he already had a RS season, anyone know if he would still have 2 years of eligibility after sitting next year?

Given that we seem to mainly be on bigs for ’21’s recruiting class, I don’t know that I’d want him taking a spot that could go to Etienne or Sanogo or another high upside big.

He is a grad transfer.

Reaction Score

He is a grad transfer .

Reaction Score
He is a grad transfer .
Sorry. I just saw that in the “all things transfers” thread. Then I think he would be ideal for the 4 next year. He starts to begin the year. If he’s not up to the competition level, you bought Springs some time to get some experience before he steps in. Hopefully, we’re working Akok back in at the end of the season - if he doesn’t redshirt - from a position of strength. If none of that works, you go small with Polley or Jackson at the 4.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
3 games against P5 competition last year: 10.3 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 48% from the field and 25% from 3. Best game was against Ole Miss, where he exploded for 21 and 4 in just 24 minutes.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don‘t care who’s on his list. They told Illinois no. Theirs other high majors that were involved. He’s good enough to help us. But yes my guess is Minnesota or Dayton
It’s a really tough sell for us at this point. We roster 7 forwards. We played a lot of 4 guard last year. We only have 1 open spot. Some of these schools we’re competing against have 3-4 open spots and 30 minutes of playing time available.

Reaction Score
It’s a really tough sell for us at this point. We roster 7 forwards. We played a lot of 4 guard last year. We only have 1 open spot. Some of these schools we’re competing against have 3-4 open spots and 30 minutes of playing time available.

This isn't a tough sell. Our starting 4 from last year blew out his achilles and will be back god knows when, and we're looking for someone to step in and start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom