Brad Stevens? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brad Stevens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
big name coaches dont go to a mid major, big name coaches become big name coaches at a mid major like Calhoun at Northeastern
That's my point. VCU is already in the A10. Once the Catholic-7 decided to break away, they headed down the road to the Emerald-mid-major-City, Big East name or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Horizontal move for Smart. He might as well stay where he is.

Why go from VCU to Butler, when you could go from VCU to any job you want?

Butler is in the big east. They are a small private. The big east is bball only. If the power 5 split then the big east can spilt also and pay the stiped and only compete in bball and others. They can afford it and have the tv contract backing to do so. The big east is set. If the p5 stay in the NCAA then all is well. Butler made it.

Vcu on the other hand is a big public and does not play football and wi odu and jmu both now upgrading football vcu has no shot. W&m even may pass them. What that means is vcu will never reach higher than the a10 who will never touch the big east now. Vcu has horrible potential compared to 2 years ago.

This would be anything but a lateral move. If Shaka can get a better job then ya go for it. Who is offering?

Butler just had the ride of its life for a couple years and parlayed it to a invite to. The big east where they will never get left behind. They have a slot in a league that can pay a stipend or chill in the NCAA based on what they want to do. They are more set then uconn basketball right now technically. Not looking for a history argument.

Today butler got its cage rattled. After everything that's happened nothing would show power and balls more than landing Shaka. Or even calling Larry brown or someone of name significance.

Lateral move my asz.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Its a good move for Stevens, but not good for the Celtics. Stevens try's his hand at the NBA and if it doesnt work out for him he will have a ton of college jobs lined up for him. Its not as if an established NBA coach is gonna be interested in coaching in a rebuilding situation.

It's the same path Pitino took and the same path Calipari took. And the same path Saban and Petrino took. Albeit that Calipari was running from infractions at UMass.

But the MO is the same. Go from successful college coach to the pros. If you succeed, it's a huge paycheck as a pro coach. If not you return to college and sell your experience to HS kids telling them that you know how to prepare them for the pro level.

Reaction Score

Your knee jerked so very hard on that one. UConn will be more than all right. You watch as we dominate.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I wish no ill on the New Big East...until it is certain that we would not accept an invitation for all sports except football, that is.

Reaction Score

No matter what happens, you'll still be Providence.

Celebrating Ricky Ledo getting drafted in the second round. A player that never suited up for you guys but took your fans on an emotional rollercoaster, with no payoff, for years. That's you guys. So, yeah.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No matter what happens, you'll still be Providence.

Celebrating Ricky Ledo getting drafted in the second round. A player that never suited up for you guys but took your fans on an emotional rollercoaster, with no payoff, for years. That's you guys. So, yeah.

And that sucks.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
For all their crowing about "returning to roots" and "preserving the history" and "allure of staying at MSG", their best coach just told them that it isn't worth a damn.

Enjoy FuelTV!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Butler is in the big east. They are a small private. The big east is bball only. If the power 5 split then the big east can spilt also and pay the stiped and only compete in bball and others. They can afford it and have the tv contract backing to do so. The big east is set. If the p5 stay in the NCAA then all is well. Butler made it.

Vcu on the other hand is a big public and does not play football and wi odu and jmu both now upgrading football vcu has no shot. W&m even may pass them. What that means is vcu will never reach higher than the a10 who will never touch the big east now. Vcu has horrible potential compared to 2 years ago.

This would be anything but a lateral move. If Shaka can get a better job then ya go for it. Who is offering?

Butler just had the ride of its life for a couple years and parlayed it to a invite to. The big east where they will never get left behind. They have a slot in a league that can pay a stipend or chill in the NCAA based on what they want to do. They are more set then uconn basketball right now technically. Not looking for a history argument.

Today butler got its cage rattled. After everything that's happened nothing would show power and balls more than landing Shaka. Or even calling Larry brown or someone of name significance.

Lateral move my asz.

That's all well and good, but if you can have most jobs in America, why take Butler?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You ok dude?

Not really on your point though. Plenty of good teams carry poop conferences. Memphis has done it recently.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see who will actually be interested in the Butler job. That in itself, will tell you a lot about where that program and their league is really at. At this point, promoting an assistant would be the quickest fix but would do nothing to help hold on to the image they've created the past few years.

Reaction Score
For all their crowing about "returning to roots" and "preserving the history" and "allure of staying at MSG", their best coach just told them that it isn't worth a damn.

Enjoy FuelTV!

The G'town fans are at least realistic about it, but then again, the way G'town is recruiting, they get to look at the rest of the conference from on top.

Here is how a typical G'town fan thinks:

"A reminder to conferences who pick schools because of the name on the bench and not the program: if you throw enough money at any coach, they will move, and this is the classic example of an immovable coach picking up roots. Twenty-three years ago this summer, it was very, very close to happening at Georgetown.

And barring a monster hire, DePaul fans have a new neighbor in the Big East standings."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's all well and good, but if you can have most jobs in America, why take Butler?

Again what job in America? What did Shaka turn down? There were plenty of hires this year in CB, what did he turn down?

Butler could potentially offer him a great deal and stability. Why not take it and if you get some dream offer you can move again. Vcu has the ceiling ok Akron football. U get out when u can. He's still there and what jobs are you saying he has in his back pocket?

Reaction Score
Again what job in America? What did Shaka turn down? There were plenty of hires this year in CB, what did he turn down?

Butler could potentially offer him a great deal and stability. Why not take it and if you get some dream offer you can move again. Vcu has the ceiling ok Akron football. U get out when u can. He's still there and what jobs are you saying he has in his back pocket?

He turned down Illinois.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Enjoy FuelTV!
By my eye the Celtics job is worth a bit more than that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He turned down Illinois.

So did Stevens, frank Martin and 10 other coaches. Illinois was a high profile hot mess. Te school that always is suppose to be a monster that couldn't put it together.

This was also a year ago not this off season.

Things are different. The big east split, remember that? The landscape changed so now vcu doesn't have the potential it did after his first NCAA run.

What is not to get about this lol.

Reaction Score
I wish no ill on the New Big East...until it is certain that we would not accept an invitation for all sports except football, that is.

Im not sure anything has ever been more clear. We will never be in the big east again.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Lateral move my asz.
"Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski!!"

Go back to the fball recruit board, fanDan. There is no P5 in college hoops; no 4 team playoff. Each league gets at least one representative, and that includes the A10. The A10, mind you is a midmajor, who does not support FBS football. Just like the Big East.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
"Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski!!"

Go back to the fball recruit board, fanDan. There is no P5 in college hoops; no 4 team playoff. Each league gets at least one representative, and that includes the A10. The A10, mind you is a midmajor, who does not support FBS football. Just like the Big East.

Are u this dumb?

If the p5 split, then the ncaa tney has no bread getters. The big east is in a position to split with the p5 if they do. If they don't then all is well and they are a stable top 5 bball conference. They are safe either way. Vcu is not.

I'm sorry so many here can not understand this. Perhaps this is part of the reason why uconn is falling apart as we speak. The athletic dept is run by posters here on the men's board who don't understand what's going on outside storrs. Chesus.

The a10 will never have the tv contract, markets, history, tradition, msg, brand power or $ for a stipend never ever ever. Holy cow.

Reaction Score
Didn't see that coming. Think I like it. Figured it would be Del Negro.

He will definitely earn his pay having to manage Rondo and his headcaseness.

"headcaseness" (I like that word) that will be the new word for Stevens next year. Like Calhoun Stevens had a knack for finding talent where others didn't and coaching them through hard work to become the best players they can be.

This does not fit the NBA model, and no one in Boston will have the patience for it.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Are u this dumb?

If the p5 split, then the ncaa tney has no bread getters. The big east is in a position to split with the p5 if they do. If they don't then all is well and they are a stable top 5 bball conference. They are safe either way. Vcu is not.

I'm sorry so many here can not understand this. Perhaps this is part of the reason why uconn is falling apart as we speak. The athletic dept is run by posters here on the men's board who don't understand what's going on outside storrs. Chesus.

The a10 will never have the tv contract, markets, history, tradition, msg, brand power or $ for a stipend never ever ever. Holy cow.
I must be.

Because I believe that if the P5 split, it will be because of football. They, in all likelihood, won't take a basketball only conference, IMO.

That is all. It is the eve of July 4. Good evening, everybody...and an especially pleasent evening to fanDan.

Reaction Score
Things are different. The big east split, remember that? The landscape changed so now vcu doesn't have the potential it did after his first NCAA run.

What is not to get about this lol.

I'm afraid to ask.

But, what does the BE split have to do with VCU?

VCU just recently moved to a better conference.

They made the run to the Final 4 out of the Colonial.

So what's changed that makes VCU worse?

Is it the fact that they moved to a better conference?

Reaction Score
Oh, and by the way, Illinois >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Butler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom