OT: - Brad Stevens Resigns and becomes GM/Ainge Resigning - Potential New Cs HC? | The Boneyard

OT: Brad Stevens Resigns and becomes GM/Ainge Resigning - Potential New Cs HC?

Reaction Score
Sounds like he's taking over as head of operations instead of Ainge. Ainge is resigning as well.

I don't follow the NBA enough to know who might be on the Celtics radar. Any ideas?

Can we just offer Jay Wright 25 million a year? lol

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I bet Nored gets a long look

Played for Brad at butler
Current NBA asst coach
G league head coach experience
Asst coach for Celtics g league team in the past

Reaction Score
Wow guess it was time. Jay Wright is Brad Stevens 2 very successful college coaches who the players of these days will have nothing to do with as they believe they know more LOL. NBA is so awful for Jay Wright except the $$$$$.

Reaction Score
I bet Nored gets a long look

Played for Brad at butler
Current NBA asst coach
G league head coach experience
Asst coach for Celtics g league team in the past

I heard his name thrown around before... he's only 31, maybe a little young for a HC gig of a team that should be competing for a conference championship.

the Q

Reaction Score
I’m kinda surprised Brad took Celtics gm over Indiana.

I get dealing with NBA egos is awful and now with all this bs nonsense for college it probably becomes just as bad. So maybe this is the smart move

Reaction Score
Sounds like he's taking over as head of operations instead of Ainge. Ainge is resigning as well.

I don't follow the NBA enough to know who might be on the Celtics radar. Any ideas?

Can we just offer Jay Wright 25 million a year? lol
If he's taking over as GM we can't say he was fired though. Sounds like a step down or promotion.

Reaction Score

I get dealing with NBA egos is awful and now with all this bs nonsense for college it probably becomes just as bad. So maybe this is the smart move
You have owners in Boston who take the long view. That's a great situation to be in for a GM. The Celtics have had remarkable longevity at the coaching and GM position. 2 coaches and 1 GM since 2004.

Reaction Score
Not surprised on Ainge. Definite sense that Stevens wasn't getting response from players this year, more or less suffering from coach shelf life expiry more than anything else. But didn't foresee a front office role for him.

That makes offseason moves more interesting and difficult. If Stevens the GM is offering Celtics players in trades other GMs are likely reluctant knowing that Stevens the coach couldn't make the player work. Not that they had value, but the Celtics entire bench might as well just be released. Maybe could salvage Pritchard & Nesmith or get something for them, other guys are doubly worthless.

Reaction Score

Oh, it's already at the high school level. LaMelo Ball survived his father's ego.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I dno that anyone was fired...

The names I heard were Cassell Stackhouse and Billups but who knows it just broke a half hour ago. Intriguing situation though.

Reaction Score

The names I heard were Cassell Stackhouse and Billups but who knows it just broke a half hour ago. Intriguing situation thoug

The names I heard were Cassell Stackhouse and Billups but who knows it just broke a half hour ago. Intriguing situation though.

Edited the title... sounds like he resigned

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If he's taking over as GM we can't say he was fired though. Sounds like a step down or promotion.

Don't have to eat his contract this way

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley.

I realize this is a joke... but one thing I like about Hurley is that he woule be a godawful NBA coach. He's like idk... maybe huggins? A guy whose style is great for college but doesn't have NBA coaching skills

Reaction Score
Biggest mistake by Ainge in hindsight was letting Rozier go. Could have kept him and spent money on other guys than Kyrie and then Kemba (love him but injuries have really hurt him and that is now a bad contract). But Ainge was great.

So was Stevens but feels like players may be tuning him out.....

the Q

Reaction Score
You have owners in Boston who take the long view. That's a great situation to be in for a GM. The Celtics have had remarkable longevity at the coaching and GM position. 2 coaches and 1 GM since 2004.

Yes. That’s the other thing. The Celtics are like the Steelers of the NBA.

the Q

Reaction Score
Biggest mistake by Ainge in hindsight was letting Rozier go. Could have kept him and spent money on other guys than Kyrie and then Kemba (love him but injuries have really hurt him and that is now a bad contract). But Ainge was great.

So was Stevens but feels like players may be tuning him out.....

Really hard to blame him.

Rozier was awful year 1 and one of the 10 worst contracts in the game before this season.

Expecting a breakout that far out in his career is just not normal.

And who knew kemba would have a career debilitating knee injury?

Sometimes stuff happens.

the Q

Reaction Score
Saw a tweet saying Jason Kidd and Lloyd Pierce will be options... not sure about kid but I'd imagine Pierce would be a tough get.

I'd be on board for Becky Hammon too. She's got more experience than most at this point
I want Hammond taking geno’s job, so no. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom