Brace yourself: Coaching change silly season set to begin. (CBS Sports - Fowler) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brace yourself: Coaching change silly season set to begin. (CBS Sports - Fowler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we hire Narduzzi, Lembo or Herman, and they do well here then they will be here for two years at the maximum.
While I don't want them to leave immediately, oh well. The knock on UConn is that you can't succeed here. If we get a coach to come in here, and in two seasons they have succeeded enough to take a high profile job, you better believe we're a more desireable school than we were before.

Reaction Score
I think it was fat white guy (Rob Lunn) calling for Ambrose, which is interesting because both Butler and Lunn played defense. Ambrose must have been popular among the players.

They weren't the only ones.

Reaction Score
Fordham and Towson face off in the playoffs this weekend. Winner gets hired:)

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if the people who set up the bracket intentionally put the ex UCONN coaches against each other.

Reaction Score
If true, then that drops him down a peg. The only B1G jobs that might be available, with the possible exception of Nebraska, downright suck. Ill, NW, Indiana, Minn, RU, Purdue, Iowa. Meaning, he isn't getting M, OSU, PSU, Wisc, or MSU. He'd be signing his own ticket back to the MAC.

If he said ACC, then he's be making some sense.

Reaction Score
If any coach of value which is coming from a mid level BCS program and wants to increase their resume, I don't doubt that they would hesitate to pick a P5 conference over UConn.......no matter how bad a team in that conference may be.

In fact, some talking heads my question how a "quality" individual my pick any AAC team over a P5 conference team. I just spent a vacation week in SEC territory.......their newspapers didn't even report on AAC games........just in score summaries by region of the country.

Warde really has a very difficult job to pull off, I'm getting increasingly nervous that UConn may end up with an individual that does not have a very distinguished resume.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be quick to put Morehead in Ambrose's category in terms of what they've shown. While the year Morehead is having is very impressive, many of the wins (all in conference games) are being played with transitional rules where Fordham has more scholarship players than their opponents).

true!

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
If any coach of value which is coming from a mid level BCS program and wants to increase their resume, I don't doubt that they would hesitate to pick a P5 conference over UConn.......no matter how bad a team in that conference may be.

Not true, a smart coach would make an assessment as to his odds of winning at a school which would include future schedule and talent on roster.

If I'm a head coach and both UCONN and Rutgers offer me tomorrow and money is similar, I'm taking UCONN's offer and its not even close. Rutgers schedule is beyond brutal next year. A good coach can come to UCONN and with Casey Cochran having three more years of eligibility, win big right away. I think Casey is that good.

Reaction Score
Not true, a smart coach would make an assessment as to his odds of winning at a school which would include future schedule and talent on roster.

If I'm a head coach and both UCONN and Rutgers offer me tomorrow and money is similar, I'm taking UCONN's offer and its not even close. Rutgers schedule is beyond brutal next year. A good coach can come to UCONN and with Casey Cochran having three more years of eligibility, win big right away. I think Casey is that good.

Casey also has some weapons. Watching the past two games just made me more angry at the way we pissed this year away.

Reaction Score
RedHawkInsider9:43am via Web
Multiple sources confirming that Notre Dame OC Chuck Martin will be offered the #MiamiOHjob. Martin won 2 titles at Grand Valley before ND.

ChiTribHamilton11:54am via TweetDeck
#NotreDame OC Chuck Martin a lead candidate, if not the lead guy, for Miami (Ohio) job, sources confirm. Trib post:trib.in/1auSuyR

NDatRivals12:27pm via TweetDeck
Chuck Martin boarding the Miami of Ohio University plane bound of Oxford.

Only UConn relevance is that he was likely on someone's list other than Miami O and now is not. Plus ND has a open OC spot to fill.

Reaction Score
Casey also has some weapons. Watching the past two games just made me more angry at the way we pissed this year away.
In a way, the best thing that happened. We could have eked out a bowl game at 6-6, perhaps and remained with the status quo. The program will now get a much needed jolt in the arm.

We had more trouble replacing Wilson/Gratz, and Sio/Trevardo, than I thought would even be case. I knew we were going to take a step back, but up until the last two games, we go no rush from the Dline/Dends in particular, and corners have played well at times and very bad at others. No pass rush, and inconsistent corner play is a recipe for disaster.

Good news is, you are seeing signs out of Ashiru, Kenton Adeyemi is being worked in. The DBs are still iffy, but Byron Jones is improving as is Obi.

The offense looks better. Will have to see about oline play.

Reaction Score
Weist is about 50/50 to get the UCONN job. Warde did not bring him here to stay only 1 year.

Reaction Score
Weist is about 50/50 to get the UCONN job. Warde did not bring him here to stay only 1 year.
TJ is doing alot more than just coaching the football players. We will see this Saturday if we are consistent in upward trend. Turning around the mentality of this team was/is no easy task after the last 2 years and doing it mid season without 2 assistants. He does a good job on the radio show and doesn't sugar coat anything. We've had alot of injuries and are still getting better. Recruiting will have to be better with him being able to talk to recruits vs Grandpa. Unless Narduzzi throws his hat in the ring he may be more than 50/50.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
TJ is doing alot more than just coaching the football players. We will see this Saturday if we are consistent in upward trend. Turning around the mentality of this team was/is no easy task after the last 2 years and doing it mid season without 2 assistants. He does a good job on the radio show and doesn't sugar coat anything. We've had alot of injuries and are still getting better. Recruiting will have to be better with him being able to talk to recruits vs Grandpa. Unless Narduzzi throws his hat in the ring he may be more than 50/50.

wait, what? when did 50/50 or better than 50/50 happen?? i don't mean any disrespect to TJ here (i think he has done a nice job here lately) but our next hire needs to have a proven ability to recruit and be a name that is recognizable so that it at least appears to the outside world that we are trying in football. TJ ain't that guy (right now).

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Thank you. No to anybody who has been connected to UConn. Need a new blueprint.
Warde is going to what his own guys in there... Nothing related to the PP era, and absolutly nothing realted to the Edsall era besides the helmets... (bring em back Warde!!!) So Ambrose is a no-go IMO.

Reaction Score
wait, what? when did 50/50 or better than 50/50 happen?? i don't mean any disrespect to TJ here (i think he has done a nice job here lately) but our next hire needs to have a proven ability to recruit and be a name that is recognizable so that it at least appears to the outside world that we are trying in football. TJ ain't that guy (right now).

I don't see how beating Temple, Rutgers and Memphis gets him from here to there. But maybe others have greater insight.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm totally in the camp of "let's bring in someone new with name cred" BUT it would be pretty interesting I think to see a UConn squad with a re-tooled coaching staff under the direction of TJ... With him doing double duty this year as OC and HC, and short staffed bc of the PP/GDL fire, you gotta wonder what could happen?

Reaction Score
Because of the Iron Bowl fallout, Sabah will resign and be announced as the new head coach at Uconn. TJ will be retained as his O-Coordinator. Damn...I thought you all knew this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom