Bowl Game Interest? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bowl Game Interest?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
looking at CBS Sports saying Lending Tree bowl at Mobile on Dec 17th. That is a possibility along with the Quick Lane bowl which is a no as I have to be with family in KY

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yankee stadium doesn't have obstructed views.
If only. I was so psyched when I got seats near the 50.
1668484312508.jpeg

Reaction Score
If only. I was so psyched when I got seats near the 50.
View attachment 80697
I'm sorry. I have only been to 3 or 4 football games at Yankee stadium. But i have been to many Yankee games and unlike Fenway doesn't have any obstructed baseball views. I wasn't thinking about the foul poles. I'm not sure how much effort it would take to bring them down for the game, but it wasn't like the Yankees were playing anytime soon. I would have been pissed if I showed up thinking I had perfect 50 yard seats and had that. We were to the right of you around the 40.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking about the foul poles.
No worries. I thought it was hilarious. I actually had thought of the foul pole but I figured the fans at the 10 would have to deal with it.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry. I have only been to 3 or 4 football games at Yankee stadium. But i have been to many Yankee games and unlike Fenway doesn't have any obstructed baseball views. I wasn't thinking about the foul poles. I'm not sure how much effort it would take to bring them down for the game, but it wasn't like the Yankees were playing anytime soon. I would have been pissed if I showed up thinking I had perfect 50 yard seats and had that. We were to the right of you around the 40.

The old Yankee Stadium had plenty of obstructed seats for football. Because that where my family's season tickets were in the 60's.

Reaction Score
The old Yankee Stadium had plenty of obstructed seats for football. Because that where my family's season tickets were in the 60's.
I remember. I was young when my dad would take us to the old Yankee stadium for football. Shea was horrible also.

Reaction Score
For different reasons than sightlines. Swirling winds that made it seem 10-15 degress colder than the parking lot. But those same winds made it easy to spark a bowl as security had no idea where the smell was coming from :D
In some cases all you needed was to offer a hit

Reaction Score
Athletic Department email

I just received an email from the athletic department gauging interest in attending a bowl game (see link).

If anyone who is not a season ticket holder (would not have received the email) is interested, please let the athletic department know.

It sounds like a) we will need to lobby available bowls for an invitation and b) guarantee a set number of tickets sold.

This is merely a guess on my part but there is a chance that the school won't lobby very hard if they don't believe we will attend the event. If you want us to go to a bowl and have the available resources (time & money) please support the program.
Pinstripe Bowl is a natural....

There were 40,000 fans at Yankmee stadium to see Ithaca play Cortland State a week ago.

We would fill it. 2 from Houston, my class of '11 daughter and me +10 from Fairfield county minimum.

Go Huskies

PS...ditto Fenway, frankly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Army will get to 6-6 if they beat Navy. I just don't see them losing to UMASS

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We hurt our chances today but I'm still reasonably confident we'll land in some bowl game. It just may be further down the list.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Pinstripe Bowl is a natural....

There were 40,000 fans at Yankmee stadium to see Ithaca play Cortland State a week ago.

We would fill it. 2 from Houston, my class of '11 daughter and me +10 from Fairfield county minimum.

Go Huskies

PS...ditto Fenway, frankly.
Pinstripe is very likely out of reach. Either the BIG or ACC would have to be willing to give it up. That won't happen.

Fenway may require a good amount of luck.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing we will be evaluated against (eligible) peers in the MAAC, Sun Belt and American. So, when everything is done and dusted we will need to see which teams reach the 6 win threshold and go from there.

The Liberty win will really help us there, along with Fresno State. Utah State and Ball State not so much.

Reaction Score
Thanks for clarifying.... I think if they win out they deserve a shot at one
LOL. Yes, let’s not bother with rules. Let’s award bowl bids based on who you, or fans generally, think “deserves” it.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yes, let’s not bother with rules. Let’s award bowl bids based on who you, or fans generally, think “deserves” it.
one thing Army did that I hope we learned from this loss is they displayed one thing that we still need quite a bit more of work on is discipline. Sure, we're light years ahead of the previous regime(s) here, but, Army showed how they stuck to what they run, in spite of how the game looked early on... IMO, we looked like the superior team, even with all the injuries we've endured...yet, they ended up outworking us, sticking to their stuff... Got a lot of respect for the Armed forces too... that's why I posted that... BUT, I still hope we get a spot over them, because they played & defeated 2 FCS teams... rules are the rules...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom