Bourbon & Rye | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Bourbon & Rye

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh this stuff is worse than the big name stuff in the $30-40 category. Regular 9 year Knob Creek, Four Roses Single Barrel or Small batch are better than this. Wild Turkey 101 is better than this. This is an alternative to yellow label 4 Roses or some others in that low $20 range. That's why I won't buy it again. I can afford to spend $35 even on cheap stuff.

Then it's a hard pass.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So a more legit bottle for consideration. This runs about $55. That used to be high for BiB Kentucky Bourbon but not really anymore. Colonel EH Taylor is better. This fits that woody Elijah Craig profile, and slots between regular EC and the single barrel Elijah Craig, which is better and $20-25 more. At $55 I like RR Single Barrel or Four Roses Small Batch Select better, but prices creeping up on those.

IMG_0419.jpeg

Reaction Score
OK who wants to buy me one? I can provide packaging and label for shipment

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well crap, it works if you click Visit Insta
No idea where they will be selling this. I'm going to Lime Rock in May, so maybe I'll see it.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 072743.jpg

Reaction Score
I was up in the NW corner a few weeks back and stopped into Litchfield Distillery. Any time you walk in, it's a free tasting of up to six of their products. I came home with a bottle of Double Barrell Bourbon 5 year-old. It's their four year old Bourbon, cut to 90 proof and put back in the barrel for another year. At $65 it was pricey for that age, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I often overlook local offerings because the price point is usually higher than your mainstream goods, and you never know what you're going to get. The Warden took home a four pack of their premade cocktails, Manhattan, Old Fashioned, Cosmo and Espresso Martini. Kind of an insult to my bartending roots, but I let it go. I was also pretty impressed with their Gin.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Looking at the Husky whiskey….cool label, but it’s basically $95 for what I guarantee is MGP.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You, too, can order it direct.

Husky Whiskey

Different topic, but I don't know the last time Ive been to a liquor store or a grocery store.

Booze delivery, grocery deliveries, diapers, cat food, really everything. I like grocery shopping too, but wife insists on instacarting , these days I just stop for fresh fruit and vegetables every couple days at a local farm stand, and the occasional costco trip. Everything else is delivered. And I'm not even including the wifes prodigious amazon habit in this.

Hell, built my 18 month old a sandbox last weekend, didnt feel like taking 20 minute drive to Lowes and schlepping 8 50lb bags of play sand, they delivered it within 4 hours.

So yeah, order direct!

What a country.

Reaction Score
Looking at the Husky whiskey….cool label, but it’s basically $95 for what I guarantee is MGP.

Sadly they will not ship to my state, not suprising being in one of the notches of the bible belt down here. And the price is brutal for what it is. Ah well, its nice either way but I will not be a buyer on this one.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There is no "Distilled In" on the back of the label, which violates labeling regulations. I often quite like 6 year old MGP single barrels, but those are about $60-65 even when selected by very good barrel pickers. This appears to be a blend unless they are stupid. The 60-34-6 mashbill is one of MGP's mashbills. So you're paying at least $30 for the label.

On closer inspection, the White wax and bottle is a giveaway. It's probably a relabeled bottle from Proof and Wood I honestly have loved the Tumbling Dice stuff and the DC Collection offerings have been good, but the price is still off based on the stats.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is no "Distilled In" on the back of the label, which violates labeling regulations. I often quite like 6 year old MGP single barrels, but those are about $60-65 even when selected by very good barrel pickers. This appears to be a blend unless they are stupid. The 60-34-6 mashbill is one of MGP's mashbills. So you're paying at least $30 for the label.

On closer inspection, the White wax and bottle is a giveaway. It's probably a relabeled bottle from Proof and Wood I honestly have loved the Tumbling Dice stuff and the DC Collection offerings have been good, but the price is still off based on the stats.

No offense....but who cares?

This is why people hate bourbon dorks.

You're buying the label - it's not like you're going to drink it lol

I bought one - it might as well be a bottle of turpentine because it's never getting opened.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No offense....but who cares?

This is why people hate bourbon dorks.

You're buying the label - it's not like you're going to drink it lol

I bought one - it might as well be a bottle of turpentine because it's never getting opened.
I'd drink it and keep the empty. Can't waste booze.

Reaction Score
YouTube recommended Roseville Union barrel strength rye whiskey. Picked some up at total wine - it’s great straight and makes an awesome Manhattan. $58 and 113 proof (drinks like a much lower proof point though)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom