Bouknights NBA stock | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bouknights NBA stock

Reaction Score
So I have to ask, if Bouknight had been starting and playing like this all season, how many of those losses that were close down the stretch would they have won?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I have to ask, if Bopuknight had been starting and playing like this all season, how many of those losses that were close down the stretch would they have won?

Probably some. Definitely Xavier. But he probably wasn't ready to play like this from the beginning, especially with his off the court incident throwing a wrench in things.

Reaction Score
He's not leaving after this year and isn't ready but my guess is there is probably little chance he ever stays here for a third year. Curry is a point guard so I wouldn't use him as an example. Bouk needs to put on a little weight and some strength but his height certainly won't be a problem for him. Just off the top of my head NBA shooting guards who are the same height or shorter than Bouknight- Oladipo, Lamb, Reddick, Lou Williams, Gary Harris, McCollum, Reddick, Donovan Mitchell, Bradley Beal, Buddy Hield, Devin Booker, Jrue Holiday, Jordan Poole

I guess I just can't imagine how Hurley was able to get a guy with such immense potential after the string of mediocre years we've had and it's affected my ability to accept reality!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess I just can't imagine how Hurley was able to get a guy with such immense potential after the string of mediocre years we've had and it's affected my ability to accept reality!
Ok, he probably does need another year. Having said that I went back and watched the end of the game again. He just took over that game and scored every way possible. A 3, a pullup, a floater and an out of nowhere slam. It was like the Matrix where he was seeing everything in slow motion and he knew a split second ahead of everyone else what was happening. I’ve watched hundreds of UConn games and a lot of other basketball. That was just an amazing performance,

Reaction Score
I mean he COULD compete in the G-League for sure if he thinks that's the route he should take, but I just feel like he's leaving a boatload of cash on the table not taking one more year in college. Clearly gifted offensively, but defensively I think he's kinda mediocre. That aspect of his game needs a lot of work. Not something i'm critical of him about per se - I just think it's clearly lagging behind right now and it to a degree that it'll hurt his draft stock a ton.

I think he's a shoe-in for the lottery next year.

Reaction Score
Go back and read it again buddy.

And you do realize that older you are the less attractive you are too the NBA. That's not too say s Junior can't go in the first round because obviously it happens but you will find a lot more freshmen and sophomores in the first half of the first round. Again if he has a first round offer it's hard to pass up... That's not too say that taking it would be the best decision. But it's definitely a very tough decision to make.

How many of those Freshman get drafted from the AAC? Again this is the most insane argument. He's doing work and has immense upside the NBA will not ignore, but he's the most talents player on a mediocre roster in a mediocre conference who is just starting to emerge. Sure the NBA is going to start to take notice but your take on this is a perfect example of my point. Your talking about this kid, the uconn program, and our conference like our talent level is the early 2000's, our conference is the BE, and he's doing this against the best teams in the country. "If he has first round offers" sure who wouldn't agree with that but it's not accurate and won't be. Are you also submitting that you have a realistic expectation that will be the case?

Reaction Score
How many of those Freshman get drafted from the AAC? Again this is the most insane argument. He's doing work and has immense upside the NBA will not ignore, but he's the most talents player on a mediocre roster in a mediocre conference who is just starting to emerge. Sure the NBA is going to start to take notice but your take on this is a perfect example of my point. Your talking about this kid, the uconn program, and our conference like our talent level is the early 2000's, our conference is the BE, and he's doing this against the best teams in the country. "If he has first round offers" sure who wouldn't agree with that but it's not accurate and won't be. Are you also submitting that you have a realistic expectation that will be the case?

Fair points that he wont get first round offers. I'm not saying he will lol. My point was IF IF IF he did, that is tough for a kid with NBA dreams to pass up to improve his stock for a year and develop his game. Might developing be better for him in the long run sure? But again that is hard to pass up. So once again, i'm not saying he will get an offer, i'm simply saying IF he did its hard to pass up. He may very well get advice on what to work on and he'll go back to Uconn and work on those things. I'm not sure why people want to argue with me over something I didnt say!

Reaction Score
Fair points that he wont get first round offers. I'm not saying he will lol. My point was IF IF IF he did, that is tough for a kid with NBA dreams to pass up to improve his stock for a year and develop his game. Might developing be better for him in the long run sure? But again that is hard to pass up. So once again, i'm not saying he will get an offer, i'm simply saying IF he did its hard to pass up. He may very well get advice on what to work on and he'll go back to Uconn and work on those things. I'm not sure why people want to argue with me over something I didnt say!

Because you jumped into their point about what someone else said haha. we are on the same page.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I agree Bouk has huge potential but I would not lock him in to be gone from Stores after 1 year. #nexttopic 2021, Bouknight and Cole lead Uconn back to Final Four after a 5 year drought of making NCAA's

Reaction Score
Just remember that nba mock drafts are horrible now and have been for a while. They obviously put zero thought into the second round and are extremely lazy about the next years potential draft class. Bouk is not currently on mock drafts online because he wasn’t a top 25 recruit but nba teams are certainly interested. I think he will be a top 15 pick after his sophomore year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The one thing working in our favor is the amount of hype Bouk would get from the media heading into next season. Gotta hope he thinks becoming a lottery pick is worth the wait.

Reaction Score
Sophomore Ja Morant became must see TV last year on ESPN along with Zion. I can't help but think Bouknight could be FOXnight next season. Top of the draft lottery in 2021.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The one thing working in our favor is the amount of hype Bouk would get from the media heading into next season. Gotta hope he thinks becoming a lottery pick is worth the wait.

yeah, from the start when he wasn’t producing at this clip, everyone’s called him a star in the making. he was already hyped up. can’t believe his hs rank was on the lower end

Reaction Score
Bouk is gonna be able to perform on Fox or CBS broadcast at least four or 5 times. He’s going to be on at worst FS1 every night. Not on ESPNNEWS or U or ESPN plus. He has an opportunity to become a national name next season. It seems like as most of us said he’s going to be coming back. Has the potential for a lottery selection. It also seems like Hurley kinda knows that he should come back from one of his quotes in the article.

Reaction Score
Bouk is going to be must see TV next season. With apologies to Boat, he has become my favorite Husky of all time. Him and Andre next season will be an epic tandem.

Reaction Score
Call it a victory lap, but when I suggested Bouknight "could" leave for the draft, people said I was crazy. He's not far off at this point, as much as everyone wants him too, or thinks it's in his best interest to stay.

That being said, at this point I expect him to test the waters and return. But that will change if he continues on his hot streak.
I don't think so, too much to work on, unless he has bad advisers

Reaction Score
Bouknight leaving at the end of this year would not rank among the top 100 worst early departures, but all indications seem to be that both he and the people around him are pretty rational about his development so he's not going to make a short-sighted decision. I would imagine he'll be 2 and done though.

Reaction Score
let this kid be great, there’s tons of mcburger kids stuck in the g league

Reaction Score
I don't think so, too much to work on, unless he has bad advisers

Also in the article from Hurley:

“I’m sure we’ll have conversations at year’s end, but I think what we like most about James and his family and the people that mentor James is they’re reasonable people, smart people, and I think they have a pretty good understanding of where he’s at in his maturation process. I think they understand that they’ve got a real talent there. The level of trust with everyone involved, I think, is good.”

Reaction Score
@auror , Are you ready to revisit this yet? No way 60 picks go by without his name being called, IMO.

We'll see if he finishes the way he's been going lately, but at this point, no, I don't think he'd get drafted.

Certainly shifting my opinion. In the 4 games since that post, he's averaged 17.5 points on 134 ORTG, continuing his -- at that point 5 game-- 16+ point streak to 9 games. He's up to 109 ORTG on 29% shots, which is very impressive.

I do think he'd now get picked if he declared. But I agree in general with the scouts in that article that say he should return. Unless he continues to play just as well (or better) for another 5+ games...

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Certainly shifting my opinion. In the 4 games since that post, he's averaged 17.5 points on 134 ORTG, continuing his -- at that point 5 game-- 16+ point streak to 9 games. He's up to 109 ORTG on 29% shots, which is very impressive.

I do think he'd now get picked if he declared. But I agree in general with the scouts in that article that say he should return. Unless he continues to play just as well (or better) for another 5+ games...

I agree he should come back and be THE guy. I think that's what he wants and will do. I just couldn't see 60 picks without his name being called. Next season should be real exciting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom