Bouknights NBA stock | The Boneyard

Bouknights NBA stock

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Call it a victory lap, but when I suggested Bouknight "could" leave for the draft, people said I was crazy. He's not far off at this point, as much as everyone wants him too, or thinks it's in his best interest to stay.

That being said, at this point I expect him to test the waters and return. But that will change if he continues on his hot streak.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Bouk has the potential to be a mid to late lottery pick next year, depending on his growth.. This year, as good as he has played, unless he stops the disappearing acts, the tentative play and imbalance he has shown with his feet off the dribble at times, he's a borderline mid second round pick. Doubt he could stop those things in 8-10 games.
Akok - sadly - will have to prove he can come back athletically from this cold-blooded injury that has a history of preventing players from doing just that.. So much of what he does best relies on his athleticism, particularly his feet.

So, yes, future looks pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
Akok is a great shot blocker but how could that skinny body hold up in the NBA? He's not skinny/strong like RIP was. There were times this year setting screens where he looked like a twig about to snap.

Reaction Score
Akok is a great shot blocker but how could that skinny body hold up in the NBA? He's not skinny/strong like RIP was. There were times this year setting screens where he looked like a twig about to snap.
???

Reaction Score
Call it a victory lap, but when I suggested Bouknight "could" leave for the draft, people said I was crazy. He's not far off at this point, as much as everyone wants him too, or thinks it's in his best interest to stay.

That being said, at this point I expect him to test the waters and return. But that will change if he continues on his hot streak.
Never thought it’s as far fetched as those who think he needs 3 years

Reaction Score
Made this comparison before, but he may have a Jarrett Culver choice to make at the end of the season. Either a late first or potential high first round pick a/ some seasoning

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Between labeling yourself "Best poster," and suggesting that a "victory lap" might be "call"ed by anyone but you, I'd still put "crazy" ahead of your other two turns of phrase, no matter how it shakes out. But thanks for the link.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty clear coming back next year makes the most sense. He will be the undisputed best player and number one option on a good Big East team. There will be considerable hype and draft buzz around him all year. You really need that sort of momentum in order to be a first round pick, unless you make a big run in the tournament or something.

That said, this is a pretty weak draft class and next year is supposedly much stronger. Who knows. Would love to see UConn get back to producing first round picks again soon either way.

Reaction Score
i'm interested in seeing what the average number of college wins is for our players drafted into the nba (maybe starting in '90). a good number have stayed for at least 3 years, e.g. ray, rip, emeka, kemba, shabazz, etc. and were on successful teams, so i bet it's a high number compared to other schools' draftees. The aforementioned 5 guys racked up an average of 88 wins in their careers at UConn!

it's obviously great for the school when a player gets drafted, at any time, but selfishly you like to see them leave with more than the 45 +/- wins bouk will probably have after next season.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Sweet point. Start your own relevant thread on it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Between labeling yourself "Best poster," and suggesting that a "victory lap" might be "call"ed by anyone but you, I'd still put "crazy" ahead of your other two turns of phrase, no matter how it shakes out. But thanks for the link.
Okay I'm gonna address this because I think this is the 20th time you've brought up the "best poster" title.

It's a joke my dude, I'm not actually declaring myself the greatest among all on this message board. If any mod wants to remove it, by all means. Hope you appreciate having this spelled out for you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Okay I'm gonna address this because I think this is the 20th time you've brought up the "best poster" title.

It's a joke my dude, I'm not actually declaring myself the greatest among all on this message board. If any mod wants to remove it, by all means. Hope you appreciate having this spelled out for you.
Obviously it’s a joke. Everyone knows that I am the Best poster.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm not actually declaring myself the greatest among all on this message board.
Actually, you are. That's what makes it funny. I'm not sure why anyone would be offended by it.

Obviously it’s a joke. Everyone knows that I am the Best poster.
I thought you were just Curiouser.

Reaction Score
I think its premature - getting much better in a small sample. If he is ready - it will be because he willed us to the tournament or close to it.

Reaction Score
I see him is a pretty clear 2 and done guy unless a team promises him in the first round. I’m sure he will test the waters this spring as akok also would have.

Reaction Score
Going on nothing but my own feelings but I think Bouknight is here for another two seasons. He's got a beautiful game but he's not really big enough/strong enough to be a cg in the NBA and he's not a pure point yet either. I think he's Rip 2.0.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom