Bouknights NBA stock | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknights NBA stock

Reaction Score
If he's a guaranteed 1st round pick this sunmer, he should declare. But an NBA front office calling to inquire is like one of the first steps in a very long and thorough process. He's stil a very long way from beinng a 1st rounder on any draft board.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Going on nothing but my own feelings but I think Bouknight is here for another two seasons. He's got a beautiful game but he's not really big enough/strong enough to be a cg in the NBA and he's not a pure point yet either. I think he's Rip 2.0.

If Bouk is still here for his junior year, then something went very very wrong.

Reaction Score
Going on nothing but my own feelings but I think Bouknight is here for another two seasons. He's got a beautiful game but he's not really big enough/strong enough to be a cg in the NBA and he's not a pure point yet either. I think he's Rip 2.0.

Bouk is far more athletic that Rip was. Rip had a tremendous motor though. My guess is Bouk is 2 years, then a first round pick.

Reaction Score
If Bouk is still here for his junior year, then something went very very wrong.
Or he sees the potential in 21-22, but I agree that if his trajectory continues I would expect he’s gone... and we need new, Hurley guys to start to set that NBA UConn tone going forward

Reaction Score
Call it a victory lap, but when I suggested Bouknight "could" leave for the draft, people said I was crazy. He's not far off at this point, as much as everyone wants him too, or thinks it's in his best interest to stay.

That being said, at this point I expect him to test the waters and return. But that will change if he continues on his hot streak.
Do some of you watch basketball outside of UConn? He could be gone as a sophomore but he’s not going pro after this season.

Reaction Score
Who are better 2 guards than him?
1. anthony edwards
2. RJ Hampton
3. Tyrese Maxey
4. Josh Green
5. Devin Vassell
6. Jahmius Ramsey
7. Cassius Stanley
8. Skyler Mays?
9. Ochai Agbaji?
10. Jared Butler?
11. Markus hiward
12. Myles Powell

handful of international players i havent heard of yet i'm sure

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks. So def not light on shooters headed to the league. Seems like another year is most likely in the cards, at this very moment

Reaction Score
How about we temper expectations a little. Saying he’s a lottery pick next year/an AA sets him up to fail.

Reaction Score
If JB left after this year he could be a major bust. He is not even close mentally, physically or developmentally for the next level. It would be professional malpractice to advise him to leave even if he continues to average 20 ppg the rest of the season in the AAC.

His jump from Frosh to Soph year with hard work could set him up for life. He is averaging almost twice as many turnovers as assists. Bouk strikes the fear in no one from 3 pt range. His ceiling his HIGH and his motor is LOW. No player in college basketball would benefit more from another year than Bouknight.

I understand this opinion will go beyond mere water balloons being tossed at me and take the form more of blue and white bullets but...

Reaction Score
Bouk has averaged 20 ppg over the past 5 games. There can't be many other Freshmen (if any) who have scored 100 points over their last 5 games. The kid is a special talent.
He is a special talent.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bouk has averaged 20 ppg over the past 5 games. There can't be many other Freshmen (if any) who have scored 100 points over their last 5 games. The kid is a special talent.

He is and he has. But it only started recently. And his outside shot is anything but consistent. He won’t blow by NBA guards when they can lay off of him. His defense is better but not great. He needs some strength. I definitely think he’s an eventual NBA player, but now he’s maybe be a late second round pick on potential and would be in the G league.

I think he’s a first rounder if he works on those things next year. I’d be surprised if he’s not back.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Bouk is far more athletic that Rip was. Rip had a tremendous motor though. My guess is Bouk is 2 years, then a first round pick.
I actually think Rip is a great comp in terms of game...but Rip prob would've been 2 and done in today s cbb and was a Jim Calhouns sales job away from being 2 and done back then

Reaction Score
1. anthony edwards
2. RJ Hampton
3. Tyrese Maxey
4. Josh Green
5. Devin Vassell
6. Jahmius Ramsey
7. Cassius Stanley
8. Skyler Mays?
9. Ochai Agbaji?
10. Jared Butler?

handful of international players i havent heard of yet i'm sure

myles powell

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I haven't seen him on any draft boards yet which isn't exactly surprising due to the slow start. I think he's gonna need some time definitely and he's gonna be extremely enjoyable to watch during that period of time.

Reaction Score
Realized today that Akok and Bouk likely won't play together again in a UConn uniform. I am sad.
That’s crazy sad when u think about it. God I hope akok makes it back by January

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom