Bouknight Tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Tonight

Reaction Score
You can just tell he is a special talent when watching the game. Was surprised DH didn't put him back in for Polley for the last 2 minutes. Very excited about this kid

Reaction Score
Play that did it for me was when he effortlessly snatched a rebound then went up the court and went behind his back with the dribble but play was stopped due to whistle. I was like “woah”- kid has game. So smooth. U can just tell

Reaction Score
Play that did it for me was when he effortlessly snatched a rebound then went up the court and went behind his back with the dribble but play was stopped due to whistle. I was like “woah”- kid has game. So smooth. U can just tell
Same here my boy. I actually rewound it a couples of times to just see how effortlessly he did it, and it was effortless to point the op had to foul because he was going to be passed by very easily.

Reaction Score
Smooth shot, nice handle,quick second jump. Very impressive for first game.

Reaction Score
He had no jitters he was looking to make plays immediately. He's longer than I knew so on defense, even though his on ball needs work for sure, his off the ball anticipation is really good and he's getting to passing lanes, getting down low on dribbles while quick to help. His rebounding is exceptional for his size good reader it would seem off the rim. The catch of the pass above the FT line ball fake (a beauty, not a fast one a deliberate show the ball ball fake) and then the dribble left to a 14 footer which he splashed was a thing of utter beauty. We haven't had that guy in ages. The alley oop, the putback OMG. Won't expect stardom every game or again tonight but we have something really special here, that's a no doubter and very exciting.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What impressed me most about him was the way he moved. So effortless. The body control he had on the rebound putbacks was so impressive. You can tell he's really, really good.

I know he dealt with injuries in high school, but according to 247 he was the #66 recruit? This kid looks like he should be top 30, easy. He's one of those players you don't even have to know the game of basketball to know that he's gifted.

Reaction Score
Then it wasn't that bad a sprain you had. A bad ankle sprain you can't even walk on never mind have any lateral movement at all. It's not just pain it's swelling and stability. Especially a HS JV player not having college level treatment on it two times a day.

• Grade 1: Your ankle will probably feel sore and may be slightly swollen. In this case, the ligament has been overstretched but not torn.
  • Grade 2: You have a partial tear in the ligament. This causes prolonged pain and swelling. It might prevent you from putting your full weight on the ankle. You may also notice bruising. This is because the tear has caused bleeding under your skin.
  • Grade 3: This is a full tear of the ankle ligament. You may have heard a popping sound when it happened. This level of sprain causes severe pain, swelling and bruising. Because the ligament is no longer able to do its job, your ankle will feel unstable and will be unable to support any of your weight.
With that said I do agree that if he's on the floor the excuse should be gone. If he's not healthy enough to play he shouldn't be on the court.
I agree with this. There are also “high ankle sprains” which suck. I’ve had two in my life. That’s when the ligaments that connect the tibia and fibula are injured. There are degrees to this injury but the first time I did this, if I wanted to avoid surgery, I had to keep my left leg completely immobilized for a month (no weight) and then, after a month do PT for 2 months to build up scar tissue. Otherwise they would have needed to pin it together and I would have been immobilized in bed.
Those were some of the hardest 3 months of my life. I had a 3 YO. Imagine that with a 3 YO.
So, yeah, some sprains are pretty GD serious. Tape. FFS.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
8 points? I needed 25.

The kid obviously isn't mentally tough. Time to run some sprints!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, this dude has been the recruit I'm most excited about. I love Akok and he may have the most potential, but I'm always drawn to smooth guards, and he's not only that but he's athletic as he!!. And he knows the game, you can see how he sees the game ... I'm so excited to see Ba Ba Bouknight continue to develop.

I think he has Jeremy Lamb, maybe even Ben Gordon potential in college. And that's saying something from me, esp BG. I think he is the program's most underrated player ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

He plays like he has played a lot of basketball. 180 degrees out of the recruits where fans are told the recruit is "raw" and needs time to develop.

Reaction Score
He has a nose for the ball and the ability to score. There are a lot of improvised point opportunities in games. Some players can convert them and some can't. I liked what I saw from Akok big time.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This kid has the highest basketball IQ ive seen from a Uconn freshman in a long long time. You can tell he has played a lot of basketball.

Reaction Score
What he showed last night was a freshman who is learning but behind the curve and still, away from home, was not overwhelmed by the moment. On the court he has the ability to be a star.

Reaction Score
He has a nose for the ball and the ability to score. There are a lot of improvised point opportunities in games. Some players can convert them and some can't. I liked what I saw from Akok big time.
Really liked his willingness to mix it up for rebounds. Nice to have the ability out of multiple guards.

Reaction Score
Bouk came in cocky as hell, sorta Bazz like. Now that he's no longer a virgin and its obvious he's got skills, cockiness will 'quickly' change to confidence. He knows he belongs, you can't teach that.

One thing you can count on, his swag will be off the chain!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom