Bouknight Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Tonight

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This season will depend on how efficient Gilbert will be. Anything we get from Bouk in addition to Vital and AG will be clutch.

If AG never finds “it” then Bouk will need to assume a bigger scoring role. I’m hoping for the first option.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Honestly I'm not expecting a ton from him tonight. One would expect some jitters, given the situation.
I'm inclined to agree, and will temper my enthusiasm with patience
I do expect we'll get to see how he drives in traffic, and hope this makes us happy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If he doesn't debut with minimum 25 points, the kid just isn't ready. Time to move on and bring in kids that want it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This season will depend on how efficient Gilbert will be. Anything we get from Bouk in addition to Vital and AG will be clutch.

If AG never finds “it” then Bouk will need to assume a bigger scoring role. I’m hoping for the first option.

in order for AG to be efficient, we gotta have more than Vital to support him at the guard position.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If he doesn't debut with minimum 25 points, the kid just isn't ready. Time to move on and bring in kids that want it.
Oh he'll get those just in the warm ups.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t dismiss Jalen. He’s making rapid progress to understand team ball. Still slow on defense and struggles to get past screens but as his ankle improves and he gets into game shape I expect he will be a good backup to Al.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
At least his offense doesn't have a "Where's My Laptop?" cadence to it. It'll be harder for away crowds to taunt him.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t dismiss Jalen. He’s making rapid progress to understand team ball. Still slow on defense and struggles to get past screens but as his ankle improves and he gets into game shape I expect he will be a good backup to Al.

I think it’s time we put the “bad ankle” excuse away for JG. It’s been a couple weeks. Kid should be fine by now.

As a point of reference, Back in my heyday as a middling JV HS hoops player, I sprained my ankle pretty badly. Taped it up with athletic tape nice and tight before each practice and game. Had a very minimal effect on my mediocre lateral quickness and 12” vertical leap.

Reaction Score
I think it’s time we put the “bad ankle” excuse away for JG. It’s been a couple weeks. Kid should be fine by now.

As a point of reference, Back in my heyday as a middling JV HS hoops player, I sprained my ankle pretty badly. Taped it up with athletic tape nice and tight before each practice and game. Had a very minimal effect on my mediocre lateral quickness and 12” vertical leap.

Then it wasn't that bad a sprain you had. A bad ankle sprain you can't even walk on never mind have any lateral movement at all. It's not just pain it's swelling and stability. Especially a HS JV player not having college level treatment on it two times a day.

• Grade 1: Your ankle will probably feel sore and may be slightly swollen. In this case, the ligament has been overstretched but not torn.
  • Grade 2: You have a partial tear in the ligament. This causes prolonged pain and swelling. It might prevent you from putting your full weight on the ankle. You may also notice bruising. This is because the tear has caused bleeding under your skin.
  • Grade 3: This is a full tear of the ankle ligament. You may have heard a popping sound when it happened. This level of sprain causes severe pain, swelling and bruising. Because the ligament is no longer able to do its job, your ankle will feel unstable and will be unable to support any of your weight.
With that said I do agree that if he's on the floor the excuse should be gone. If he's not healthy enough to play he shouldn't be on the court.

Reaction Score
I'm also hoping Gaffney is back at full strength. Interested to see if Hurley plays the three freshman together at some point and see how they interact.
Gaffney has looked like he is in slow motion compared to everyone else on the court. Too much thinking and hesitation. I really hope he is at full strength and just goes out and plays. He needs to not worry so much about mistakes, hes a freshmen its going to happen. All part of the process.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Then it wasn't that bad a sprain you had. A bad ankle sprain you can't even walk on never mind have any lateral movement at all. It's not just pain it's swelling and stability. Especially a HS JV player not having college level treatment on it two times a day.

• Grade 1: Your ankle will probably feel sore and may be slightly swollen. In this case, the ligament has been overstretched but not torn.
  • Grade 2: You have a partial tear in the ligament. This causes prolonged pain and swelling. It might prevent you from putting your full weight on the ankle. You may also notice bruising. This is because the tear has caused bleeding under your skin.
  • Grade 3: This is a full tear of the ankle ligament. You may have heard a popping sound when it happened. This level of sprain causes severe pain, swelling and bruising. Because the ligament is no longer able to do its job, your ankle will feel unstable and will be unable to support any of your weight.
With that said I do agree that if he's on the floor the excuse should be gone. If he's not healthy enough to play he shouldn't be on the court.

I feel like my knowledge of sprains/tears increased tenfold after the Jalen Adams injury last year...hopefully the injury bug stays away this season.

Keep in mind the kid missed weeks of practice and is just a freshman...at a school where guards have historically been phenomenal. That's a recipe for on-court tentativeness early on. He'll find his rhythm in the system and I'm confident we'll be very impressed with Gaffney as the season progresses.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I doubt we see Gaffney and Bouk on the court together. Bouk coming off suspension likely means reduced minutes for Gaffney. Not the worst thing in the world if his ankle is still bothering him.

I'll say it again, though, I think Gaffney will be a good player for us. He isn't right now but it will come.

Why not?

10 minutes into Florida game we had ( I think)
Whaley, Adams , gaffney, vital and Wilson on the floor after finally gaining lead. I was having a seizure in my seat but I’m pretty sensitive for 40 minutes a couple times a week.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why not?

10 minutes into Florida game we had ( I think)
Whaley, Adams , gaffney, vital and Wilson on the floor after finally gaining lead. I was having a seizure in my seat but I’m pretty sensitive for 40 minutes a couple times a week.
Fair point but only one of those guys didn't play last year. I don't see Hurley putting a young and (somewhat) hobbled Gaffney on the floor at the same time as an inexperienced Bouknight but we'll see one way or the other in a few hours.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the detailed info! (Seriously)

I was actually being a bit sarcastic & joking with the whole post. My 2nd self-depricating paragraph was supposed to be the indicator...maybe didn’t come through as obvious as I thought.

Serious ankle sprains can be a bear to heal...hope JG’s gets better ASAP and that there’s no re-injuries!

Reaction Score
I haven't been this excited for a freshman's first game in a long, long time. This kid is truly a special player. Once he adjusts to the college game and feels comfortable, he has the ability to transform this team.

I expect to see some typical growing pains, but it will be great to see talent like Akok and Bouknight on the court together in UConn uniforms. The ascent continues.
Have you seen him play in person?

Reaction Score
Think we need to slow our roll here a bit. I don’t know anything about this kid, but many on here think he’s gonna step in an be Ray Allen right away. This will be his first time under the lights, but more importantly he’s going to feel like he’s under a microscope. Let’s just see what happens. If he goes off, great. But I’m certainly not expecting it.

Reaction Score
Honestly I'm not expecting a ton from him tonight. One would expect some jitters, given the situation.
Agree with this. If he can just add a little scoring to the offense tonight and not get burned defensively I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
Cream rises to the top.

giphy.gif

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Wow just Wow. This kid is truly ready for the college game, he looks like a scorer and that shot looks pure. Im excited with this kid added to the roster, hes gonna be a legend. Loved Gaffney to Bouk, the only thing that couldve made it better is if Akok and bouk shared the dunk and both got a point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom