Bouknight Tonight | The Boneyard

Bouknight Tonight

Reaction Score
I haven't been this excited for a freshman's first game in a long, long time. This kid is truly a special player. Once he adjusts to the college game and feels comfortable, he has the ability to transform this team.

I expect to see some typical growing pains, but it will be great to see talent like Akok and Bouknight on the court together in UConn uniforms. The ascent continues.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I doubt we see Gaffney and Bouk on the court together. Bouk coming off suspension likely means reduced minutes for Gaffney. Not the worst thing in the world if his ankle is still bothering him.

I'll say it again, though, I think Gaffney will be a good player for us. He isn't right now but it will come.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I haven't been this excited for a freshman's first game in a long, long time.
Ditto. I think we're in for a great ride with him. But I have to force myself to temper my excitement. We're going on highlight reels and rumors from practice. We've got to expect some growing pains once he's in the real world.

Still, I can't help but think that three games down the road, we're going to have much higher hopes for the season.

Reaction Score
I haven't been this excited for a freshman's first game in a long, long time. This kid is truly a special player. Once he adjusts to the college game and feels comfortable, he has the ability to transform this team.

I expect to see some typical growing pains, but it will be great to see talent like Akok and Bouknight on the court together in UConn uniforms. The ascent continues.
So you're predicting Akok Bouk we will all be proud of once all the recipes have been written??

Reaction Score
I doubt we see Gaffney and Bouk on the court together. Bouk coming off suspension likely means reduced minutes for Gaffney. Not the worst thing in the world if his ankle is still bothering him.

I'll say it again, though, I think Gaffney will be a good player for us. He isn't right now but it will come.

Yeah, the unfortunate thing is because of the ankle we haven't seen him show his athleticism yet. He is a very good athlete and needs to confidence in his ankle and the confidence to try to make plays in Hurley's system to show it. I believe its coming soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So you're predicting Akok Bouk we will all be proud of once all the recipes have been written??
hat tip clint.gif

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm also hoping Gaffney is back at full strength. Interested to see if Hurley plays the three freshman together at some point and see how they interact.

Even if he's physically back, he missed 3 weeks of preseason prep. That's absolutely huge for freshman, especially a PG. Might set him back the first half of the season.

Bouk's been practicing, so I expect him to be much further ahead.

Reaction Score
We're going on highlight reels and rumors from practice. We've got to expect some growing pains once he's in the real world.
Totally agree with this. None of we know about him matters anymore. Let's get him on a Div 1 CBB court and see what he can do!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Give him the keys, coach!!

As 'bass stated...haven' been this excited about a player since Vance!

Reaction Score
It did seem like he was just stirring the pot with that post. Still, you didn't need to pan it.
No stirring intended - I thought we were all past that at this point...

Reaction Score
Probably for the best his debut is on a neutral court - he may not press as much as if it were a home game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom