Bouknight on NBCSPORTS Boston nm | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight on NBCSPORTS Boston nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Bouk had a strong 4th quarter tonight. He scored all 11 of his points in the 4th including two 3's and a floater within a 5 or 6 minute stretch. It seemed as though the confident Bouk of old kicked in at the 4th quarter mark. Maybe it had something to do with not having ensure touches for guys like Rozier, Hayward or Oubre.

Reaction Score
He simply wasn’t mature enough to make the move to the NBA. The League as they like to tell you, drafts on potential. Unfortunately that often misses things like maturity and the potential goes by the wayside. I said at the time and still believe that another season at UConn would have helped him immeasurably. Not with his game but with his maturity.

Reaction Score
THIS: "There isn't a worse place in the NBA than Charlotte. Wish they would stop taking our players."

Reaction Score
He simply wasn’t mature enough to make the move to the NBA. The League as they like to tell you, drafts on potential. Unfortunately that often misses things like maturity and the potential goes by the wayside. I said at the time and still believe that another season at UConn would have helped him immeasurably. Not with his game but with his maturity.
Let.it.go

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Bouk had a strong 4th quarter tonight. He scored all 11 of his points in the 4th including two 3's and a floater within a 5 or 6 minute stretch. It seemed as though the confident Bouk of old kicked in at the 4th quarter mark. Maybe it had something to do with not having ensure touches for guys like Rozier, Hayward or Oubre.
Why save touches for those three yikes

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

he found the stroke a bit tonight. 11 points on 4/8 (3/6 from three) including this shot off the dribble and a crazy three falling out of bounds.

'release, rotation, splash!'
the man's got it, and with his beautiful hands, ain't never gonna lose it.
go james, go james, go james ...

he can jump, too. sneaky quick as well. i once saw him in one of our games grab the board inside the stripe, then go four bounces down the court to a layup. never saw that before. im cheering for him.

Reaction Score
i don't get this continual claptrap on james leaving when he did, especially the psycobabble on his maturity. he's a grown man and, from a distance, seems aboot as normal as most other folks. let's put it this way, with jc instead of danny running things at that time, end of james' year 2:
(exit interview)
jc: well, looks pretty good that if you go, u'll be a lotto pick. what do you think, james?
james: yeah, i hear that too.... how aboot you? what do you think?
jc: ya came here to learn your game, get some pub, and make it to the league. ya gotta go, and now is the time...
james: yeah, i see it the same way.
jc: good move.

i make that happening 10 out of 10 ten times.
not complicated. millions of bucks is a real thing.
Let's try that convo with Calhoun again:
JC: Well looks pretty good that if you go, you'll be a lotto pick, what do you think James?
James: Yeah, I hear that too, how about you? what do you think?
JC: I forking know that if you don't grow the frock up you'll frocking be out on the damn street 2 freakin minutes after your 1st contract expires and that first contract is going to be a shirt-ton less than you expect once the league digs just a tiny bit into your frocking extracurricular activities.
James: This seems like psycho babble
JC: I'm going to give you a few of my former players phone numbers, you talk to them and see how substance abuse mixes with basketball careers, see you next season James.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
JC: Well looks pretty good that if you go, you'll be a lotto pick, what do you think James?
JC: I forking know that if you don't grow the frock up you'll frocking be out on the damn street 2 freakin minutes after your 1st contract expires and that first contract is going to be a shirt-ton less than you expect once the league digs just a tiny bit into your frocking extracurricular activities.
JC: I'm going to give you a few of my former players phone numbers, you talk to them and see how substance abuse mixes with basketball careers, see you next season James.
Calhoun was pretty clear on this. If you have the opportunity to make this kind of money, you go. I do wonder if Calhoun would have been able to reach James during his basketball career at UConn. That’s the time to teach life lessons, not in the gap between the end of the season end the NBA draft.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was pretty clear on this. If you have the opportunity to make this kind of money, you go. I do wonder if Calhoun would have been able to reach James during his basketball career at UConn. That’s the time to teach life lessons, not in the gap between the end of the season end the NBA draft.
My point is someone needed to tell him what's what & that his pattern of talent excusing questionable behavior wouldn't cut it at the highest level, JC seems a good candidate to tell it straight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My point is someone needed to tell him what's what & that his pattern of talent excusing questionable behavior wouldn't cut it at the highest level, JC seems a good candidate to tell it straight.
Oh, I am sure he would have if he was aware of it. But that conversation probably would need to have happened well before he’s making the decision whether or not to leave early to go into the NBA.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What year is your proposed conversation taking place?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this played out even beyond the senerio Chief feared. Make no mistake though, James is a good person, who is just going down a wrong path. People who called him names in the other thread are wrong. If you meet him sober, he’s a good guy. He can right the ship, but that starts with him and new more experienced handlers and getting the help he needs. There needs to be an urgency to do that now before someone gets seriously hurt.

Those who blame Coach Hurley, regarding James decisions are wrong. He did what he could bringing in the ex OSU guy to mentor him. James was receiving very poor career advice during his “injury” saga from his handlers not Hurley. He was the one voice of reason. Hurley did what he could to get him back on the court and the thanks he got was a dehydrated crampfest.
We will never publicly know the full advice and caveats Danny gave him about turning pro. But, once James and his handlers made the decision, Danny did the best he could to help his draft position. I honestly don’t know what more he could have done without the benefit of hindsight.

In the NBA “money” is all about positioning yourself for the second contract. That’s where the big money is made. Obviously, a string of decisions made the last 3 years hurt that, but James has the ability to do a 180 turn and I hope and pray he decides to do that. James may come off as cocky but he is really a follower, therefore it is very important he surrounds himself with mature, experienced good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom