Bouknight on NBCSPORTS Boston nm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight on NBCSPORTS Boston nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
East is as strong as it's been in ages and the Hornets lost a 20ppg scorer for nothing from a fringe play-in team, they're gonna be at the bottom this year unless some of their young players taken an unexpected leap. Hopefully Bouk is one of them.
Time for them to tank maybe

Reaction Score
Bouknight 0-8 tonight. In most situations preseason stats don’t matter but this is a very important time for Bouknight to prove to the new coach he can be a player. This is very bad

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hope we can stop taking shots at Charlotte’s organization now.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Passing up a lot of shots, on the positive side he's really trying to be a playmaker and he's trying to fight over ballscreens. The effort was better today. May seem a bit strange but he's out of shape relative to others at this stage of the season. That injury this summer seems to really have set him back. Rooting for my guy to make it happen. Hornets seem eager to want to use him.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It's one of the worst in the league. Not a shot, reality.
I wonder how Jordan being an absolutely horrendous team owner will effect his legacy.

Reaction Score
Jordan’s legacy is about his playing career not his ownership acumen. Meanwhile, James did take some steps after his last college season preparing for the draft, which exhibited some discipline and good choices. However, from the draft night celebration onward, it has been a reversion back to the mean. He has talent, but not so much at this level, to take his career so lightly.

Reaction Score
bouknight was awful last night -- he was actually putting in a lot of effort on defense and on the glass, but made a bunch of bad/bizarre plays on offense. seemed to lack some confidence. really hope that he can figure it out in the regular season.

on a brighter note, tyrese martin is on nba tv right now playing in the abu dhabi games and looks really good. got some significant run with the hawks starters to close the second half.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
bouknight was awful last night -- he was actually putting in a lot of effort on defense and on the glass, but made a bunch of bad/bizarre plays on offense. seemed to lack some confidence. really hope that he can figure it out in the regular season.

on a brighter note, tyrese martin is on nba tv right now playing in the abu dhabi games and looks really good. got some significant run with the hawks starters to close the second half.
Martin is getting more run than Griffin. Hawks have looked really good.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is going to get a shot this year b/c Charlotte is in tank mode. Hopefully he puts in the work and reverses the current trajectory.
I was just going to post that thanks to Bridges, the Hornets likely will be on Wembanyama Watch, which means a whole lot of shots for Bouknight in the second half of the year

Reaction Score
Go ahead, diss me again if you want: He was NOT ready
... Pure and simple.... Sure, take the $, and live w/the consequences....
So your suggestion is he should have waited another year and come out… now? This is what I don’t get about that argument. He had a year of practicing against NBA players and learning an NBA system and he’s still struggling. Do you really think he would be in a fundamentally better place if he plays another year in college instead? What is it that would have changed with one more year of college?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Jordan’s legacy is about his playing career not his ownership acumen. Meanwhile, James did take some steps after his last college season preparing for the draft, which exhibited some discipline and good choices. However, from the draft night celebration onward, it has been a reversion back to the mean. He has talent, but not so much at this level, to take his career so lightly.
I have to admit, Chief, you may have been right all along on James and the advice he chose to follow not being the best path for him. But, he's not a kid anymore and at this point if he doesn't realize the yellow brick road starts in the gym then that's on him. I pray he figures it out.

Reaction Score
So your suggestion is he should have waited another year and come out… now? This is what I don’t get about that argument. He had a year of practicing against NBA players and learning an NBA system and he’s still struggling. Do you really think he would be in a fundamentally better place if he plays another year in college instead? What is it that would have changed with one more year of college?
He would have been more mature when he got to the NBA and he'd know how to talk all these missed shots into the basket better. Or something

Reaction Score
James is just shooting poorly and a little rusty from being banged up. I don’t think he’s regressed as a player as much as he just needs to fight through a slump.

Charlotte looks really bad and it is hard to fight through a slump when your team is disjointed and unorganized. It isn’t like they are playing beautiful basketball and James is screwing it all up. They all suck.

Reaction Score
The kid is an immense talent. It's time to start making smart decisions and some progress. This kid needs a great mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom