Bouknight on NBCSPORTS Boston nm | The Boneyard

Bouknight on NBCSPORTS Boston nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
He’s really struggling so far. Needs the light switch to flip & stay on.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I’m a big believer in his talent, but this is far from a promising debut.

Reaction Score
1-9 shooting. Yikes

Only bright spot is that every guard played like trash (Lamelo 5-19, Terry 4-13) and the Hornets are getting trashed by 30+. Put it behind you and move on to the next game. Bouk was first guy off the bench and hopefully it stays that way moving forward unless he consistently proves he doesn't belong there

Reaction Score
Whaley with 4 minutes and a rebound. He didn't get many touches on offense, as the last 4 minutes saw a lot of unsuccessful wild drives to the hoop by Charlotte guards. Nice to see him get at least some court time though and a positive box score contribution.

Reaction Score
1-9 shooting. Yikes

Only bright spot is that every guard played like trash (Lamelo 5-19, Terry 4-13) and the Hornets are getting trashed by 30+. Put it behind you and move on to the next game. Bouk was first guy off the bench and hopefully it stays that way moving forward unless he consistently proves he doesn't belong there
Embarrassing performance by hornets. I know preseason, but lord the Celtics barely tried and just played like it was. A pickup game.

Reaction Score
Embarrassing performance by hornets. I know preseason, but lord the Celtics barely tried and just played like it was. A pickup game.

Yeahhhh not great. Was surprising that they didn't make any moves to try to replace Bridges this offseason. They have some pretty big contracts in Hayward/Rozier/Oubre, plus some high potential young guys that they could have moved out for a solid player

I guess they think the young guys + Lamelo are the answer?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeahhhh not great. Was surprising that they didn't make any moves to try to replace Bridges this offseason. They have some pretty big contracts in Hayward/Rozier/Oubre, plus some high potential young guys that they could have moved out for a solid player

I guess they think the young guys + Lamelo are the answer?
They’re probably hopeful Bouk can fill some of that role.

Reaction Score
This from the Boston Globe this morning
"When Charlotte’s James Bouknight nonchalantly reached down to pick up a loose ball, the 6-foot-9-inch, 250-pound Kabengele sensed opportunity and pounced on it, drawing a roar from the crowd."
When does Bouk begin to understand what it takes?

Reaction Score
Sounds like the problem is team-wide, not just a JB issue.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This from the Boston Globe this morning
"When Charlotte’s James Bouknight nonchalantly reached down to pick up a loose ball, the 6-foot-9-inch, 250-pound Kabengele sensed opportunity and pounced on it, drawing a roar from the crowd."
When does Bouk begin to understand what it takes?

Well, taking this from the best sports quote thread:

“The greatest motivator in the world is your ass on the bench. Ass meets bench, bench retains ass, ass transmits signals to the brain, brain transmits signals to the body, body gets ass off bench and plays better. It's a hell of a sequence.” - Bobby Knight

Unfortunately a pro athlete in the NBA is getting paid for current contract whether they play or sit on the bench. But, yeah, Bouk isn't doing much to get a second contract and it's the second contract and beyond that sets you up for long-term weatlh and stability.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I know it’s preseason, but wow the hornets look awful. Bouk has made 2 shots in 2 games, while averaging 20 minutes. Good news is that it can really only go up from here.

Reaction Score
I know it’s preseason, but wow the hornets look awful. Bouk has made 2 shots in 2 games, while averaging 20 minutes. Good news is that it can really only go up from here.
tough first 2 games, shot 2-14 and missed all 7 3pt. attempts

Reaction Score
I pray that James gets his act together. The drama, that the fans saw publicly last season in both the Gampel and Charlotte bench incidents, has got to stop. James needs to address any root issue that’s preventing him from being successful in his career. This is serious stuff now, time to focus on the basics and remove any distractions or baggage that stand in the way.

Reaction Score
Covering my eyes, plugging my ears, and telling myself he will have it figured out in time for the regular season and be a big contributor for the team

Reaction Score
Based on preseason so far, Hornets are attempting to use him as a scoring 6th man. The old Ben Gordon roll. That's good progress from no minutes at all.

Now he just has to be good at it.

Reaction Score
Turned it on for a bit out of curiosity. Man, that team is bad. Felt like no structure at all. When a guard had the ball in their hand, it far too often just immediately went to an iso look and ended with whichever guard it was driving into a well-contested look. Bouk was able to draw a few fouls off his but also had some pretty wild drives that had very little chance of success.

Reaction Score
Turned it on for a bit out of curiosity. Man, that team is bad. Felt like no structure at all. When a guard had the ball in their hand, it far too often just immediately went to an iso look and ended with whichever guard it was driving into a well-contested look. Bouk was able to draw a few fouls off his but also had some pretty wild drives that had very little chance of success.
As we so often find out in the NBA, despite the sincere Casual Fans protests, it wasn’t always 100% the fired coach’s fault.

Reaction Score
East is as strong as it's been in ages and the Hornets lost a 20ppg scorer for nothing from a fringe play-in team, they're gonna be at the bottom this year unless some of their young players taken an unexpected leap. Hopefully Bouk is one of them.

Reaction Score
That describes pretty much all of their guards. It looks like they have no set plays on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom