Bouknight gets the boot | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight gets the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, I won't disappoint you. I thought it was a punk move by JB. He is immature. It was a bad look. It was not "epic". It was embarrassing. I have been to games that Charles O, Travis Knight. RA, Bazz, have attended - all without issue. No spectator belongs on the court. The ref wasn't a punk. Didn't make it about themselves. Announcers indicated Bouk was warned more than once. It's pretty simple. Would it be epic if Corey Floyd repeatedly wandered onto the court during the game? Or some rando from 15 rows back that wanted to get a good photo or yell at the refs?
Totally agree. The ref used restraint in giving several warnings. Grow up, Bouknight, your immaturity is wearing thin.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but this is just another example in a long line of maturity issues with him. Going back to the incident his freshman year before the season started, the issue with his coach a few weeks ago, this.. Kid seems to think that the rules don't apply to him. I'm a Husky for life and I am a huge fan of James but c'mon.. To say this isn't a recurring issue is just rubbish. Obviously today was a non-issue and it fired up the student section but sheesh Bouk, time to grow up..

Reaction Score
Very bizarre. And if you google James Bouknight everyone already has the story. Not a good look at all. SI, espn, etc.

I'm wondering if he was saying something to #5 Kunkel as you can see him grinning in the video.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Very bizarre. And if you google James Bouknight everyone already has the story. Not a good look at all. SI, espn, etc.

I'm wondering if he was saying something to #5 Kunkel as you can see him grinning in the video.
Love it. Give Bouk Lifetime Courtside seats. He probably was chirping at Kunkel (who is a baller). I love when fans and former players bring the fire. Nothing bad resulted from Bouk getting kicked other than him enjoying the student section

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I hate to say it but this is just another example in a long line of maturity issues with him. Going back to the incident his freshman year before the season started, the issue with his coach a few weeks ago, this.. Kid seems to think that the rules don't apply to him. I'm a Husky for life and I am a huge fan of James but c'mon.. To say this isn't a recurring issue is just rubbish. Obviously today was a non-issue and it fired up the student section but sheesh Bouk, time to grow up..
no need to take this to 100. Nothing wrong with Bouk. He didn't yell back at the ref or throw a tantrum. Put his hands up said ok ok, and then left. Taking personal jabs at Bouk over this is comical

Reaction Score
Love it. Give Bouk Lifetime Courtside seats. He probably was chirping at Kunkel (who is a baller). I love when fans and former players bring the fire. Nothing bad resulted from Bouk getting kicked other than him enjoying the student section
It's one thing for someone like Spike Lee to chirp at NBA players but NBA players chirping at college players, that's really bush league. If that is what was happening.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's one thing for someone like Spike Lee to chirp at NBA players but NBA players chirping at college players, that's really bush league. If that is what was happening.
True, but Kunkle is older than Bouk. It's not like Bouk is 28 talking crap to him. We also don't know if Kunkle was the one who initiated it

Reaction Score
National TV game too. If the game wasn't televised, I highly doubt he gets more than a warning.
I loved every second of it and that he was cheering the Huskies on. I also can’t say I wouldn’t get thrown out sitting court side. But being there and watching him on and off the court throughout as he pleased, he deserved to get tossed much earlier lol.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Was in 207. That was weird but then turned awesome once the lower student section absorbed him in.
Then he went for a tour of the upper student section where he did a sort of victory tour uo the aisle, through the rows and back down again.
Go Huskies!

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
You guys need to get a grip. Bouk is still a kid. He was there to root on who are probably his best friends. Maturity of course is an issue, but you're lying to yourself if you think you'd behave differently. It was harmless.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
You guys need to get a grip. Bouk is still a kid. He was there to root on who are probably his best friends. Maturity of course is an issue, but you're lying to yourself if you think you'd behave differently. It was harmless.

21 years old. I guess we have different definitions of "kid". Unfortunately he acts like one but should be more mature at this point. Harmless as it turned out but there's a reason why people should stay off the court. Where do the refs run up and down the court to keep up with pla? -Right where he stood several times. If they don't see him and trip over him, maybe not so harmless. Stay off the court!

Reaction Score
21 years old. I guess we have different definitions of "kid". Unfortunately he acts like one but should be more mature at this point. Harmless as it turned out but there's a reason why people should stay off the court. Where do the refs run up and down the court to keep up with pla? -Right where he stood several times. If they don't see him and trip over him, maybe not so harmless. Stay off the court!
1D818E31-8043-4853-90D0-06AE4562F10F.gif

Reaction Score
I hear what you’re saying Chief.

But as a UConn fan, in a big game with a wild crowd, I loved seeing this and the student section and crowd loved it also.

He needs to go talk to Caron Butler on how to grow up after you've been given a talent that you can do some good with. I've watched thousands of College Basketball games and never seen anyone thrown out like that. Sit there and cheer or boo, your choice, but stay off the court.

Reaction Score

TV guys said when he was booted, he was talking on his cell, and on the floor again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom