Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Looking at some of the bigger mock draft sites to see where Bouknight is predicted to land.

NBADraft.net (updated 4.15) - 17th to the Grizzlies

Love the team since I think he and Ja would be a dynamic duo but I would be disappointed if he fell out of the lottery. Unfortunately his Big East Tournament and NCAA Tournament performances did him no favors.

247Sports (updated 4.16) - 15th to Knicks

Would be another great spot. They have a hole at shooting guard and looks like after 20 years Knicks are finally onto something.

The Athletic (Veccines big board updated 4.2) - 12th overall which is currently Pacers

HoopsHype (updated updated 4.15) - 11th to Pelicans

I feel like I like him on every team so I will spare the write up but sign me up for Bouknight and Zion for a few seasons until Zion requests a trade to a big market team.

Yahoo (updated 4.14) - 15th to Knicks

He really improved his stock

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He really improved his stock
He did.
As I posted in here, he easily could’ve been here to start.

but he’s crushed it and moved up.

meanwhile other guys like Greg brown, sharpe, and Robinson-earl have dropped like rocks (around at least 10 spots)

Reaction Score
meanwhile other guys like Greg brown, sharpe, and Robinson-earl have dropped like rocks (around at least 10 spots)
Why have they dropped? Bad pre-draft process?

Reaction Score
Vecenie released his draft guide, which is basically his big board with tiers and long writeups, along with a new mock.

From the mock for #6 pick. He's got Kuminga there... for now. And Bouk at #7 to GSW.
Here's a link to The Athletic for subscribers:

Impressive Bouk is at #7 considering that the top-six has been pretty consistent over the last few months. Very proud of the work he's put in!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don’t get all the infatuation with Barnes, but the love for him seems pretty consensus.

Am I missing something ?

Reaction Score
I don’t get all the infatuation with Barnes, but the love for him seems pretty consensus.

Am I missing something ?
One of the flavors of the week in the NBA is switchable defenders and thanks to his 6'9 230 frame, 7'3 wingspan and athleticism, Scottie Barnes can legit defend 1-5 and I don't know if any other prospects in the draft can do that.

Add in the fact that he was a comfortable and capable distributor at Florida State, with a 4.1/2.5 A/TO ratio.

His three-point shot needs work (27.5% in 40 attempts), but Barnes was smart with his shot selection and shot well from inside the arc (56.1 2p%, only 20% of his shot attempts were from three).

He's a hard-working, smart, physical specimen who can really turn into a special player if his shot gets more consistent. Sounds like someone familiar from the NBA Finals, no? :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kevin O’Connor’s latest mock draft has Bouknight going #7 to Golden State, but he mentions that OKC likes both Bouk and Kuminga and could take either at #6. It seems like he’s solidly in the 6-8 range, unless Orlando pulls the trigger at #5 and takes him over Barnes.

Reaction Score
One of the flavors of the week in the NBA is switchable defenders and thanks to his 6'9 230 frame, 7'3 wingspan and athleticism, Scottie Barnes can legit defend 1-5 and I don't know if any other prospects in the draft can do that.

Add in the fact that he was a comfortable and capable distributor at Florida State, with a 4.1/2.5 A/TO ratio.

His three-point shot needs work (27.5% in 40 attempts), but Barnes was smart with his shot selection and shot well from inside the arc (56.1 2p%, only 20% of his shot attempts were from three).

He's a hard-working, smart, physical specimen who can really turn into a special player if his shot gets more consistent. Sounds like someone familiar from the NBA Finals, no? :)
My brother works for the Magic and told me he will be livid if they select Barnes. As the Athletic says the roster fit just doesn't really mesh. But it's Weltman so I'm sure he'll do something dumb. I have said all along at this point if they are targeting Bouk at 8 they might be better off taking him at 5 so OKC and GSW don't take him at 6 or 7 and just take whoever is left at pick 8.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No question, you were all-in on Bouk before anyone of whom I am aware.
Yep, @Huskybass was early, insistent, and never let up.

My first live look and biggest alert was at 2019 First Night, notoriously labeled as a meaningless event concocted for "casual fans."

3-pt shooting was an actual competition, whereas dunking was all for show. It was telling that the freshman was saved for last, and when he missed on his spectacular finale, the announcer, teammates, and coaches were all about another chance. After a second miss, there were more calls for another attempt. They knew what he could do and wanted everyone to see it. 4th time was a charm.

Reaction Score
Yep, @Huskybass was early, insistent, and never let up.

My first live look and biggest alert was at 2019 First Night, notoriously labeled as a meaningless event concocted for "casual fans."

3-pt shooting was an actual competition, whereas dunking was all for show. It was telling that the freshman was saved for last, and when he missed on his spectacular finale, the announcer, teammates, and coaches were all about another chance. After a second miss, there were more calls for another attempt. They knew what he could do and wanted everyone to see it. 4th time was a charm.
I knew the first time I watched a McDuffie game that Bouk was a special talent. His natural ability made him look effortless. He is a walking bucket. It was a joy to have him in a UConn uniform for a couple seasons. The sky is the limit for this young man.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I knew the first time I watched a McDuffie game that Bouk was a special talent. His natural ability made him look effortless. He is a walking bucket. It was a joy to have him in a UConn uniform for a couple seasons. The sky is the limit for this young man.

I absolutely never voiced it strongly or definitively on here, but I was a HUGE Bouknight fan from the jump in his recruitment as well, and I saw what you saw. I really felt like he was way underrated and we were getting a smooth, effortless scorer. You can sometimes see a natural scorer and fluid athlete like that, and to me that's what he was.

I was more hyped for him than any other recruit we've had in the last 5 years. I was hyped about Jalen Adams and think he could have been a star with better coaching and talent around him, but he wasn't the effortless scorer that Bouk is.

I'm basically just agreeing with you, not saying I was with you in "calling it." I was, internally, but you voiced it and much props to you for that.

He's been without a doubt my favorite Husky of the last 6-7 years, since Bazz, and that started with his commitment. I am so happy he's turned out as good as he appeared back then. Huge for the program, and he will be my favorite NBA player instantly.

Reaction Score
My brother works for the Magic and told me he will be livid if they select Barnes. As the Athletic says the roster fit just doesn't really mesh. But it's Weltman so I'm sure he'll do something dumb. I have said all along at this point if they are targeting Bouk at 8 they might be better off taking him at 5 so OKC and GSW don't take him at 6 or 7 and just take whoever is left at pick 8.

The magic have one of the worst rosters I have ever seen assembled.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The magic have one of the worst rosters I have ever seen assembled.
Yep. Anthony was a very obvious bust candidate. Struggles getting any separation

Reaction Score

->To get to Barclays Center from James Bouknight’s home in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, travel down Schenectady Avenue, take a right-hand turn at the Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, then another quick right onto Troy Avenue, followed by a left onto the Eastern Parkway.

A couple of miles later, at the Grand Army Plaza, the parkway turns into Flatbush Avenue, and it’s a straight shot to Barclays Center — home of the Brooklyn Nets and, more to the point, the 2021 NBA Draft.

All told, it’s about a 3.8-mile, 20-minute ride by car. For Bouknight, it’s a journey that’s taken nearly 21 years — from a skinny kid whose early dreams were playing shortstop for the Yankees before taking up basketball in high school, to one of the top collegiate players in the country at UConn this past season and a likely lottery pick on Thursday night.

He could be the first Brooklynite taken in the draft’s top 10 since Stephon Marbury in 1996. The first drafted at all since Isaiah Whitehead, a second-round pick five years ago. Certainly the first Brooklyn product ever to be taken in the first round at Barclays Center. <-

Reaction Score
Refreshing to see Bouk extend an invite to Dan/Kimani.. Refreshing to see Dh's enthusiasm and excitement for the Moment.

A great example of how you build culture and life-long relationships with players who come through the Program..

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

->To get to Barclays Center from James Bouknight’s home in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, travel down Schenectady Avenue, take a right-hand turn at the Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, then another quick right onto Troy Avenue, followed by a left onto the Eastern Parkway.

A couple of miles later, at the Grand Army Plaza, the parkway turns into Flatbush Avenue, and it’s a straight shot to Barclays Center — home of the Brooklyn Nets and, more to the point, the 2021 NBA Draft.

All told, it’s about a 3.8-mile, 20-minute ride by car. For Bouknight, it’s a journey that’s taken nearly 21 years — from a skinny kid whose early dreams were playing shortstop for the Yankees before taking up basketball in high school, to one of the top collegiate players in the country at UConn this past season and a likely lottery pick on Thursday night.

He could be the first Brooklynite taken in the draft’s top 10 since Stephon Marbury in 1996. The first drafted at all since Isaiah Whitehead, a second-round pick five years ago. Certainly the first Brooklyn product ever to be taken in the first round at Barclays Center. <-

This was the point I was making earlier: never understood why he was “barely a top 75 kid” it just didn’t make sense seeing his game in HS.

Reaction Score
Bouk's BB career trajectory was slowed down by injuries in HS/College and as a result--His visibility.

But he is clearly an elite athlete who also benefitted from his baseball background from a dexterity/footwork/eye-hand coordination perspective. He's still learning the game and how to apply his skill set to impact games.

Exciting times and I'm sure he'll enjoy his Green Room experience --Living the Dream

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The ppl that are responsible for ranking these kids didn’t get to see enough of him. The real ones always knew what he was.
Who did we beat for Bouk?

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
On Vecenie’s podcast today, he teased that next weeks episode will be focused on NBA Draft Best Bets. He immediately mentioned that JB’s o/u is 9.5 and that he would hammer a prop that he’s drafted 6-8 (which might come back at + money)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom