Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I would love the OKC fit for him...playing with SGA would help him a lot, and give him time to grow while getting playing time, especially on defense where SGA can take the more difficult backcourt match up. Also, I know he's good friends with Cole Anthony but I think it would be best for him to be away from Cole and the Magic (I have my reasons for that.)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would love the OKC fit for him...playing with SGA would help him a lot, and give him time to grow while getting playing time, especially on defense where SGA can take the more difficult backcourt match up. Also, I know he's good friends with Cole Anthony but I think it would be best for him to be away from Cole and the Magic (I have my reasons for that.)

Historically I get it. But I like what they’ve done the last 12 months.

They finally picked a lane and went in one direction

New coach

And I thought Anthony and Hampton were damn good picks for their draft slots

It’s early, but a good start

Reaction Score
A certain fake insider is going to have to eat a lot of crow. He won't (there's always some excuse), but regardless this is fantastic for Bouk and UConn.

The spin machine is going to be working overtime on that one.

I noticed the guy who mocked me for saying Bouknight was definitely going in the first round stopped posting about the draft a few weeks ago. Must have lost interest when Johnny Juzang gave up his spot in the top 5 to go back to school.

Incidentally that kid Jason Preston has a hell of a story. From normal college student / blogger to the NBA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Bouknight’s elbow injury and end-of-season struggles never truly suppressed his draft stock, as he’s had plenty of believers around the NBA all season, and has affirmed that confidence over the course of the pre-draft process."

A certain fake insider is going to have to eat a lot of crow. He won't (there's always some excuse), but regardless this is fantastic for Bouk and UConn.
Bouk is going to be a lottery pick and some people on here were going nuts saying he wasn’t ready and needed to stay another year. Imagine the complete hell that is going to break loose if we have a late first round or second round type of prospect leave for the draft. I can’t even imagine the turmoil some of the BYers will go through

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
that si mock has luke garza going 57th. the sporting news 2 time poy (their last 2 timer was sum carolina guy named jordan), and everyone elses 1 time poy, 2 time consensus all america, all big ten whatever, yadda yadda yadda.... his mom was a baller, his dad was a baller, his uncle was a baller, and his grandad was a baller.... 6'11'' with 24/9 in what im told is the bestest college conference on earth. heck, he only shot 44% from three last season. turrible. he should quit the game now.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I seem to recall telling you long ago just how special this kid is. Top 7 pick would be fantastic.
No question, you were all-in on Bouk before anyone of whom I am aware.

Reaction Score
Historically I get it. But I like what they’ve done the last 12 months.

They finally picked a lane and went in one direction

New coach

And I thought Anthony and Hampton were damn good picks for their draft slots

It’s early, but a good start
I think their recent moves have been good too. Its more about the Cole & James being together thing, which is not what I think he needs. Cole likes to party, James needs to stay away from partying as much as possible.

Reaction Score
I think their recent moves have been good too. Its more about the Cole & James being together thing, which is not what I think he needs. Cole likes to party, James needs to stay away from partying as much as possible

It's tough to avoid temptations, especially when you're 20. Let's hope his experience with the borrowed car his freshman year was cemented into his memory.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Russillo and Simmons basically spent 5 mins gushing how good Bouknight is and how he is the hottest name in the draft. Russillo said he could even go top 5. Starts at the 1:14:45 mark.

Not gonna lie, starting to wonder how much of this is smoke...

Reaction Score
It's tough to avoid temptations, especially when you're 20. Let's hope his experience with the borrowed car his freshman year was cemented into his memory.
Definitely...I wasn't even referring to that, more just the nightlife thing in general.

Reaction Score
Bouk is going to be a lottery pick and some people on here were going nuts saying he wasn’t ready and needed to stay another year. Imagine the complete hell that is going to break loose if we have a late first round or second round type of prospect leave for the draft. I can’t even imagine the turmoil some of the BYers will go through
I mean sure Lebron has had a good career, but just imagine what he could have done if he had gone to college for a couple of years to mature a bit...

/s

Reaction Score
"Bouknight’s elbow injury and end-of-season struggles never truly suppressed his draft stock, as he’s had plenty of believers around the NBA all season, and has affirmed that confidence over the course of the pre-draft process."

Are you kidding? Its the bulletin board material he provided that has pushed Bouk to this point. That has to be the reason why Bouk is moving up the charts!

Reaction Score
Russillo and Simmons basically spent 5 mins gushing how good Bouknight is and how he is the hottest name in the draft. Russillo said he could even go top 5. Starts at the 1:14:45 mark.

If Bouk goes to Golden State at 7, I will buy my entire family a jersey the night of the draft. Total dream scenario where Bouk would step right in and contribute along side two of the greatest.

Reaction Score
Vecenie released his draft guide, which is basically his big board with tiers and long writeups, along with a new mock.

From the mock for #6 pick. He's got Kuminga there... for now. And Bouk at #7 to GSW.
The Thunder are notoriously secretive, but the name that has come up most as a potential party-crasher in the top-six is James Bouknight. A Bouknight choice would particularly create some confusion down the order, as there is some uncertainty regarding how teams below this level feel about Kuminga. Also, don’t forget Sam Presti is one of the most active general managers on the trade market... ...The Thunder can afford to take a flier, given that they have one of the best developmental programs in the NBA. I’m going for Kuminga for now, but there is a real chance this adjusts with more information.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom