Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So he went from all over the lottery in the last consensus to coalescing at 7 or 8. Most mocks have him ahead of Moody and Keon now, and some ahead of Mitchell.
Rightfully so. At this point everyone is starting to understand he’s the next best thing outside of the big 4. I honestly think Davion isn’t going to do that well in the NBA but that’s just me…

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

NBA.com did a compilation of the prominent mock drafts out there and had Bouknight at 8 along with him being the biggest riser.

• The player making the biggest rise since the Lottery is James Bouknight, a shooting guard out of UConn. According to ESPN’s Jonathan Givony, Bouknight had an “impressive” pro day and is looking like “one of the best shooters in the draft.” Bouknight now appears as high as seventh to Golden State (four times) or three times to the Magic at No. 8. Expect his stock to continue to rise as more mock drafts update leading up to Draft night.

The latest NY Post mock has him going 8th as well.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Don’t rule out going higher than 5 or 6 just yet….
Higher than 5? Toronto might be interested? Actually wouldn’t be mad at that fit… They’re in desperate need of a go to scorer.

Reaction Score
Magic at 5 and 8..They may be hearing noise about Bouk at 6 or 7.. So. Maybe Scottie B is worth a "pass" vs Bouk?? Bouk may not be there at 8??

IMO.. Don't dismiss the fact that GMs may trade up to get at Bouk with some creative trade scenarios..

Has definitely helped himself draft-wise since leaving Storrs.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
God I hope he goes anywhere but CLE, SAC, or ORL.

Orlando seems to finally have a direction and a new coach.

I don’t hate them right now. They need to rehab Harris’s value though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
For the gamblers in here… has anybody seen any odds on Bouknight’s draft position?

Reaction Score
The haters are beside themselves
Nobody is hating on him. We have watched him play game over game. Great player but weak handle and gets turned in traffic, disappears on the court for stretches, and has not shown the ability to make the big plays when it matters. High talent player, but hardly a dominant presence, especially after the elbow injury. As a GM, I would rate him as a boom or bust prospect, and wouldn’t burn an early pick but there are also slim pickings this year. He might go 6-10 as a result but 15+ seems more logical.

Reaction Score
Nobody is hating on him. We have watched him play game over game. Great player but weak handle and gets turned in traffic, disappears on the court for stretches, and has not shown the ability to make the big plays when it matters. High talent player, but hardly a dominant presence, especially after the elbow injury. As a GM, I would rate him as a boom or bust prospect, and wouldn’t burn an early pick but there are also slim pickings this year. He might go 6-10 as a result but 15+ seems more logical.
Slim pickings? It’s one of the deepest drafts in years!!! Good thing you aren’t a GM

Reaction Score
It kind of sounds like you’re hating on him… Weak handle and 15+ in the draft? Is this based on anything other than your personal feelings? Draft analysts have listed his handle as an asset. Unless you’re Kyrie you aren’t dribbling into a triple team and making it back out with the ball. Maybe decision making is what you mean? Also as for 15+ seeming “logical” how can you say this when most mocks have him going before 10?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Agreed on boom or bust but his handle is excellent for a kid who’s a wiry 6’4. I can honestly see both arguments athletes like him are not supposed to look so natural or I can make a solid argument that you can find similar value deeper down with like Bones Hyland. Will be interesting.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
+6500 to go 5th... +15000 to go 4th.
I like those bets. One of these GMs in that range is going to be a believer. Very likely a team like the knicks or the hornets move up.

Reaction Score
I like those bets. One of these GMs in that range is going to be a believer. Very likely a team like the knicks or the hornets move up.
Knicks can’t get high enough to get him unfortunately

Reaction Score

I should just copy and paste my response to this, but every single criticism applies to many other lottery prospects. You can tell the folks who don't look at any other prospects--their strengths and weaknesses--and just throw out an arbitrary range for Bouk. Then again, you said this is draft has "slim pickings", which speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
Where are these odds?? All the sites I’ve checked out don’t have him listed for anything yet.
Draftkings in the NBA draft section (I had to navigate to NBA Finals first and then it was the last tab in that section). He didn't have an over/under for actual slot, just those odds for the specific picks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom