Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
that was the whole point. You Invite a select few guys.

the more you take; the more likely you get one of those awful to watch Rashard Lewis or geno smith situations.
Or Cliff Robinson

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Fran Fraschilla on James:

Q: UConn’s James Bouknight?

A: I love James Bouknight, I think he’s got a chance to be a very good NBA scorer. Creating your own shot in the NBA is a skill, even more so than having someone set you up for a shot, because as Chuck Daly used to say: “What will the player do when the play breaks down? Because the play will break down.” And when the play breaks down, James Bouknight’s going be able to get his own shot. He’s going to get better and better. He loves the game, and he’s been coached tough by Dan Hurley, and he’s got a prototypical NBA go-get-your-own-shot type of game.

Reaction Score
I have finally come to terms and peace with Bouk's decision to leave (it took me a long while)

That being said, he would definitely do better at #7 with the Warriors than #8 w/the Magic...

I wish him the best going forward.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I saw a report yesterday that the Warriors want to package 7 and 14 to get a starting caliber player right now. Obviously if they do that, it could have a big influence on what happens with Bouk.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I saw a report yesterday that the Warriors want to package 7 and 14 to get a starting caliber player right now. Obviously if they do that, it could have a big influence on what happens with Bouk.

I’ve read the magic like Keon a lot . So bouk may land in Charlotte if that deal happens.

But it also would depend what team took golden states deal

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’ve read the magic like Keon a lot . So bouk may land in Charlotte if that deal happens.

But it also would depend what team took golden states deal
Bouknight playing with Lamelo sounds exciting to me. Maybe CHA can package Hayward and Rozier to bring in Wiseman, Wiggs, and some picks if the numbers work. Get to building their future.

the Q

Reaction Score
Bouknight playing with Lamelo sounds exciting to me. Maybe CHA can package Hayward and Rozier to bring in Wiseman, Wiggs, and some picks if the numbers work. Get to building their future.

Yeah. That seems like the best move for gs right now.

They’d still have the mle to make another minor move.

Maybe they can sign and trade oubre for a small piece.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah. That seems like the best move for gs right now.

They’d still have the mle to make another minor move.

Maybe they can sign and trade oubre for a small piece.
Definitely gives them a chance to really fill out their roster without having to shoot for the stars. They’d just have to use those pieces to find a solid center. He kind of flamed out in LA but maybe they’d take a look at Drummond.

the Q

Reaction Score
Definitely gives them a chance to really fill out their roster without having to shoot for the stars. They’d just have to use those pieces to find a solid center. He kind of flamed out in LA but maybe they’d take a look at Drummond.
I like Dieng for them.

Reaction Score
Has James worked out for okc? That would be a great pick for them at 6

Reaction Score
Did they indicate what teams would be interested or did they offer any scenarios?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Did they indicate what teams would be interested or did they offer any scenarios?

Not in the report I saw - it was more from a GS perspective, they want to win now so they're looking for a starting caliber player, not a star but someone that's a high level starter.

Reaction Score

Summary:

Walking bucket. Will be able to take advantages of mismatches in NBA and that's important.
Not putting a lot of stock in pro day, but also not worried about the shot. Team role/offense quality forced shot selection, elbow injury had more to do with it. Expects him to be a 35% guy.
Defense is underrated. Good on ball perimeter defender when locked in. Better than the 6 man types in league.
Vision/passing is a problem. Exacerbated by role/coaches tell him to force things, but he did miss things/not make the right reads. That's on tape, and hoping he improves is part of the projection.

Expected draft range 7-14. Lots of team who should take the upside swing even if they have some emerging but possibly low ceiling guys at the position.

Reaction Score
Kevin O'Connor from the Ringer updated his big board. Bouk at #7. Player comparisons are Donovan Mitchell, CJ McCollum, and Jordan Clarkson.

PLUSES
  • Explosive athlete with a quick first step to pressure the paint and the hops to play above the rim.
  • Finishes acrobatically inside by leaping off either foot and using either hand for touch layups or loud dunks. Also draws a lot of fouls with deceptive moves and body control.
  • Slippery ball handler who loves using hesitations to generate space for his jumpers. Can hit tough, contested shots off the dribble.
  • Instinctual player who relocates and cuts.
  • Speedy defender who could become an effective stopper against opposing guards and some wings. Made strides as a sophomore, especially focusing off-ball and making an impact in the passing lanes.
MINUSES
  • Playmaking instincts: He forces some passes that aren’t there and misses some open opportunities. And he too often kills his dribble.
  • Streaky spot-up shooter whose issues could be due to his mechanics. Has a relatively stiff shot out of stationary positions.
  • Inconsistent on-ball defender.
  • Suffered a torn meniscus as a junior in high school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom