Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Bouk will last 8 games before Thibbs runs him into the ground and ruins his career. No UConn fan should want that.
Thibs had the Knicks leading the league in many of the defensive categories. Perhaps Bouk could use a little "prodding".

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Bouk would be an ideal fit for my Celtics now that they [sadly] seem to be moving on from Kemba. I don’t think he slides to them tho. I’d be very surprised if he slipped out of the lottery - the talent & potential is certainly there.

Reaction Score
Bouk would be an ideal fit for my Celtics now that they [sadly] seem to be moving on from Kemba. I don’t think he slides to them tho. I’d be very surprised if he slipped out of the lottery - the talent & potential is certainly there.

I think drafting Bouk would be a signal they're giving up on Langford... which IMO they should, but it didn't seem like Ainge and/or Brad was ready to do that this season.

Reaction Score
Celts have some draft capital in the form of picks if they want to move up to get "their guy".. Crazier things have happened.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Celts have some draft capital in the form of picks if they want to move up to get "their guy".. Crazier things have happened.

And they seem to have a steal with their second round guard last year.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

the Q

Reaction Score
Here he is back at #6 in the new CBS Mock. I don't really get why he's so polarizing, especially in the context of this draft. The idea that teams might think there are 20+ better prospects in this draft is wild to me

He is a weird profile.

A guard with questionable playmaking skills without a developed 3 ball yet

The whole board should be rooting against Detroit on lottery night as they’re probably the team mostly likely in the top 6-7 to pick him.

I could see Toronto take him as well.

Reaction Score
He is a weird profile.

The whole board should be rooting against Detroit on lottery night as they’re probably the team mostly likely in the top 6-7 to pick him.

Detroit does seem bad....they have a PG that is a multi-year project and Jerami Grant on the wing who just wants to score 25 points per night by any means necessary.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Detroit does seem bad....they have a PG that is a multi-year project and Jerami Grant on the wing who just wants to score 25 points per night by any means necessary.
Their new GM seems pretty savvy though. Nowhere near a competitive roster yet, but he made some nice selections in last year’s draft in Saddiq Bey and Isaiah Stewart. I’m not convinced Grant can be the primary scorer on a winning team, but I think DET might be the best fit for Bouk of the high lottery teams. If they end up with #5 they may even pick Bouk over Kuminga. I think I read that from one of their beat writers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He is a weird profile.

I do think he's hard to predict. Need a team that believes in him to grab him or he could fall. If you are a low risk GM, you don't take him over Mitchell, as that mock does. He is a high ceiling gamble, because he has the intangibles that you can't really teach. His weaknesses are all things he can improve with time and practice.

Reaction Score
Has the Dwayne Wade (offensive only...defense is nowhere close) comparison been made yet? Obviously not projecting him to HOF level, but his game is very much a true scorer with questionable outside shot, but crafty and athletic enough to get his shot anywhere he wants it.

Reaction Score
He is a weird profile.

Keon Johnson has a similar profile (better defensively, worse offensively but similar weaknesses re: playmaking and shooting) but nearly everyone remains high on him, which I find odd. There is no consistency among media scouts. Those with Cam Thomas over Bouk is complete insanity to me.

the Q

Reaction Score
Keon Johnson has a similar profile (better defensively, worse offensively but similar weaknesses re: playmaking and shooting) but nearly everyone remains high on him, which I find odd. There is no consistency among media scouts. Those with Cam Thomas over Bouk is complete insanity to me.

Do we have any official measurements on bouk? Even pre UConn?

the Q

Reaction Score

Keon a better defensive player than bouk and 1.5 years younger (not saying I have him over bouk, but i Believe that’s the logic)

He was the somewhat rare age appropriate freshman (it feels like most of the top kids are a year older than normal freshmen).

I completely agree on cam Thomas. I guess best case he can be beal like. But his odds of getting there arnet great. He’s a selfish style player who needs to learn to score in the system

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So much of how he develops as a player seems to hinge on his ball handling and building core strength to give him more stability on his shot.
If the teams have great development programs and coaching he ought to be a star. We'll know in 3 to 5 years.

Reaction Score
TLDR
I always wonder why people need to share this about an article. Why do any of us on here care if someone didn't read the article because it's too long? It's not like any of us on here had anything to do with the article being long.

Reaction Score
The more elite and successful JB becomes in off ball movement-- The more dangerous and elusive he becomes/is..

NBA guards are going to try to get physical and body him up on D. This is one of his answers

Rip used to wear his defenders down all game by running them into the ground with his off ball motion.

Reaction Score
The more elite and successful JB becomes in off ball movement-- The more dangerous and elusive he becomes/is..

NBA guards are going to try to get physical and body him up on D. This is one of his answers

Rip used to wear his defenders down all game by running them into the ground with his off ball motion.
Great post. Rip is the perfect example. If Bouk can emulate Rips game, he will continue to be a guy who can score from all over the floor. Unless he becomes a lights out 3 point shooter, his movement and athleticism will be his calling cards.

I don't remember any other college player who scored in as many different ways as James Bouknight. With hard work he truly does have the capability to be a star at the next level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom