Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Does anyone in the draft have more range than Bouk right now? Seen him anywhere from 7-20s

Vecenie is plugged in though. If he's saying 9, I would be surprised if Bouk goes lower than 14... gonna be all about where a team that loves him gets a spot in the lottery.
Maybe Cam Thomas?

Reaction Score
Does anyone in the draft have more range than Bouk right now? Seen him anywhere from 7-20s

Vecenie is plugged in though. If he's saying 9, I would be surprised if Bouk goes lower than 14... gonna be all about where a team that loves him gets a spot in the lottery.
Bouks mocks are so confusing. Jordan Schultz from ESPN made a comment saying that he would be surprised if Bouknight was on the board at 8, but then the ESPN top-100 has him around 20 (last I saw).

Reaction Score
Maybe Cam Thomas?

Good call. I wouldn't be surprised if some team decides he's the next CJ McCollum, or if everyone calls him a bust because he lacks size/hops/passing. He's polarizing (at least for fans) because of size/athleticism in the same way Bouk is polarizing for his shooting %s and TOs. Always easier to make a case for a kid that has the height and can jump out of the gym though.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Maybe Cam Thomas?

I was gonna say I’ve seen Thomas mocked anywhere from the Celtics pick to the early 30s

Easily the biggest variance I’ve seen in this draft.

the Q

Reaction Score
Good call. I wouldn't be surprised if some team decides he's the next CJ McCollum, or if everyone calls him a bust because he lacks size/hops/passing. He's polarizing (at least for fans) because of size/athleticism in the same way Bouk is polarizing for his shooting %s and TOs. Always easier to make a case for a kid that has the height and can jump out of the gym though.

Thomas had a weird beal type profile.

But it sounds like he is jus awful to play with.

One article I read talked about how he was such a black hole that he would stare down open teammates and then throw up contested shots

But being able to create your offense is such a huge skill. It really depends on if a team thinks he can do a lot of it himself or if he needs to be set up.

the Q

Reaction Score
I want Bouk to go to the Celtics more than I’ve ever wanted anything

I want Bouk to go to the Knicks more than I’ve ever wanted anything

And a team like Houston should absolutely use their two early 20s firsts to try and jump them

Reaction Score
I want Bouk to go to the Knicks more than I’ve ever wanted anything

Bouk will last 8 games before Thibbs runs him into the ground and ruins his career. No UConn fan should want that.

Reaction Score
This draft mock wise seems to be really scattered after the top 4 guys. Moody, Johnson, Springer, Cam, Kai Jones, Wagner, Cooper & Isaiah Jackson all seem to not have any consensus on where they’ll land.

the Q

Reaction Score
This draft mock wise seems to be really scattered after the top 4 guys. Moody, Johnson, Springer, Cam, Kai Jones, Wagner, Cooper & Isaiah Jackson all seem to not have any consensus on where they’ll land.

I’ll be surprised if Wagner isn’t a lottery pick.

Memphis seems like a good landing spot for him though as they are more analytically inclined.

I would’ve said Boston a good fit until yesterday.

Golden state might be the place for him. Imagine putting him on the floor with Steph and klay. That’s a lot of shooting

Reaction Score
I’ll be surprised if Wagner isn’t a lottery pick.

Memphis seems like a good landing spot for him though as they are more analytically inclined.

I would’ve said Boston a good fit until yesterday.

Golden state might be the place for him. Imagine putting him on the floor with Steph and klay. That’s a lot of shooting
I’m strictly just talking about where I’m seeing them on mocks, I don’t disagree with ya here.
Usually these mocks seem to have consensus top 4 guys, then top 8, then lottery, then guys that seem to slot that 15-25 range. This draft seems to be a consensus top 4, Kuminga top 8 & then about 12 guys that fan go 6-24

Reaction Score
Exactly, I see Cam Thomas as a guy thats scoring 20ppg for most of his career if he gets the playing time. Just such a natural scorer.

the Q

Reaction Score
I’m strictly just talking about where I’m seeing them on mocks, I don’t disagree with ya here.
Usually these mocks seem to have consensus top 4 guys, then top 8, then lottery, then guys that seem to slot that 15-25 range. This draft seems to be a consensus top 4, Kuminga top 8 & then about 12 guys that fan go 6-24

Yeah. It’s a weird mock. Guys like Jalen Johnson also have seen some wide ranges from 7ish to about 20.

The bigs all have warts/red flags.

It’s going to come down to needs/preferences.

One thing the draft does have a decent amount of shooting available.

Which is really good news for Celtics fans lol

the Q

Reaction Score
Hearing 10 to 15... so many variables

I’d say this is the most likely scenario. Lots of teams who can really need him land there.

Charlotte and New Orleans for sure.

Indiana a little less but still possible

San Antonio and gs don’t need him quite as much.

Reaction Score
I’d say this is the most likely scenario. Lots of teams who can really need him land there.

Charlotte and New Orleans for sure.

Indiana a little less but still possible

San Antonio and gs don’t need him quite as much.
San Antonio has drafted Bouk every year for like that past 3-4 drafts

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah. It’s a weird mock. Guys like Jalen Johnson also have seen some wide ranges from 7ish to about 20.

The bigs all have warts/red flags.

It’s going to come down to needs/preferences.

One thing the draft does have a decent amount of shooting available.

Which is really good news for Celtics fans lol

It's a weird mock for the same reason the NFL draft was weird. Not enough games last year to get a good look at these guys. Also, two of the expected top 5 come from the G League Ignite.

The reason I think this is good for Bouknight is that while he has some issues with what he has actually done (3P%), his upside is quite high compared to some of these guys. If you aren't sure, often it's better to take that high ceiling guy.

Reaction Score
I want him on the Knicks more than anything, but that requires him to have a huge fall on draft night so I'll just hope for Cam Thomas instead

the Q

Reaction Score
I want him on the Knicks more than anything, but that requires him to have a huge fall on draft night so I'll just hope for Cam Thomas instead

Or a trade up....

Reaction Score
Cam Thomas strikes me as a poor man's Malik Monk. Not a fan of his BBIQ or demeanor either. I'd like the Knicks to avoid him.

Reaction Score
Or a trade packaging some of their many picks!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom