Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Line is now o7.5 (-130). It seems likely to me based on what I’m reading that he’s picked by OKC #6 or GSW #7, but idk what happens if he falls past 7. If I was Orlando I would take him in a heartbeat but I just never know with them (and think I remember reading in this thread that it may not be a good fit). Have also heard that SAC and NO may be looking to trade picks #9 and #10. Maybe a team trades up to one of those spots to pick JB if he falls (NYK hopefully)?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Just based on things I'm reading, and also hoping, I think he's really the next guy buzzing after the top 5-6 guys. There's always the possibility of a surprise pick here or there, but I don't see him dropping below 8-10. I'd guess 6 or 7 also, like many are predicting.

Can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Reaction Score
This was the point I was making earlier: never understood why he was “barely a top 75 kid” it just didn’t make sense seeing his game in HS.
JB said himself in a recent interview that he was late to the game of basketball so he wasn't seen as a young player, and thus not as often as most are today.

Reaction Score
Yeah a lot of ppl didn’t know but he definitely was already . It would be awesome to say his two years at UConn molded a barely top 75 guy into a lottery pick but the fact is he was the best player on the court by a fair amount the second he hit the court as a freshman—easily better than a bunch of the 5 star freshmen that year.
He really made an immediate impact at the tournament in Charleston, especially the drive through the lane in the first half when he rose and hung and laid it in. Crazy play.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Between ESPN, ABC, and NBA TV, which channel is best choice to DVR NBA Draft? I only really care about Bouknight.

I'm traveling Thursday, and my sister asked which of the 3 options would be the best to pre-program recording, in case I am delayed.
TIA.

Reaction Score
Between ESPN, ABC, and NBA TV, which channel is best choice to DVR NBA Draft? I only really care about Bouknight.

I'm traveling Thursday, and my sister asked which of the 3 options would be the best to pre-program recording, in case I am delayed.
TIA.
Safest bet is ESPN since they're doing both rounds, but I can't find who will be covering it for each network or if it will be the same coverage team.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I thought Uconn chose Cole over Bones? I was a big Bones guy but most people on here preferred Cole because of his production at Howard.
I didn’t remember it being specifically Cole but did think we backed off at the end.

I remember us visiting him very late in the recruiting cycle with his name being very far under the radar before that.

Reaction Score

6. Thunder: James Bouknight, SG, UConn

Height: 6' 5" | Weight: 190 | Age: 20 | Sophomore

Sources say the Thunder have made overtures about trading into the upper reaches of the draft, but so far have yet to gain serious traction. Rival teams remain wary of the possibility that they could leap into the top three. Although Oklahoma City is among the more tight-lipped front offices in the league, rival teams generally agree that Bouknight and Jonathan Kuminga are the two players most likely in the mix here if they stand pat. At any rate, it remains unlikely Bouknight falls past No. 8. He gathered a ton of steam at the draft combine, where a nuclear shooting display at his pro day caused many decision-makers to think long and hard. He’s still a bit polarizing around the league, with one school of thought ascribing star potential and others viewing him as more of a bench scorer or sixth man.

If Oklahoma City stays here, it will be in position to gamble on Bouknight’s substantial upside and can pair him with Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in a dynamic young backcourt. Bouknight would likely be afforded room to expand his playmaking skills and operate with freedom. He’s shown real imagination finishing in the paint and creating shots, and teams expect he’ll be more than adequate as a jump shooter. He plays with impressive poise and could excel in a situation where defenses can’t key on him incessantly.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Sources say the Thunder have made overtures about trading into the upper reaches of the draft, but so far have yet to gain serious traction. Rival teams remain wary of the possibility that they could leap into the top three. Although Oklahoma City is among the more tight-lipped front offices in the league, rival teams generally agree that Bouknight and Jonathan Kuminga are the two players most likely in the mix here if they stand pat. At any rate, it remains unlikely Bouknight falls past No. 8. He gathered a ton of steam at the draft combine, where a nuclear shooting display at his pro day caused many decision-makers to think long and hard. He’s still a bit polarizing around the league, with one school of thought ascribing star potential and others viewing him as more of a bench scorer or sixth man.

If Oklahoma City stays here, it will be in position to gamble on Bouknight’s substantial upside and can pair him with Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in a dynamic young backcourt. Bouknight would likely be afforded room to expand his playmaking skills and operate with freedom. He’s shown real imagination finishing in the paint and creating shots, and teams expect he’ll be more than adequate as a jump shooter. He plays with impressive poise and could excel in a situation where defenses can’t key on him incessantly.
When you look at these mocks it’s crazy how many high ceiling players are in the second round. A ton of depth to this draft

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
When you look at these mocks it’s crazy how many high ceiling players are in the second round. A ton of depth to this draft

basically Christopher, and Thor and some decent role players?

there’s lot of guys I could see playing in the NBA a while tho.

Some won’t, but there’s a path.

weiskamp
Bassey
Ayo
Jones
Henry

all guys who I would happily take in round 2

Reaction Score

This is a very solid mock, I don’t like the Franz pick though.

I also wonder why the gap between Cade/Green and Suggs/Bouk seems to large to be debated. I think Green and Bouk have the most star potential in the draft... definitely the most offensive firepower.

Reaction Score
I thought Uconn chose Cole over Bones? I was a big Bones guy but most people on here preferred Cole because of his production at Howard.
They did. I'm really happy with Cole but without the Hurley's connection with RJ Bones Hyland was coming here.

Reaction Score

Wonder if there is any legitimacy to this. Bouk said in his interview that he hasn’t been in communication with the Raptors, but i’ve seen a few different things indicating he has. Hmmmm. (no real sources, just twitter)

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

James Bouknight, 6-5 sophomore guard, UConn. “He killed it at his pro day, made every shot, but I’m not buying him as a shooter. He could be a good scorer like Jordan Clarkson. Shot the hell out of it at the Chicago pre-draft camp. He’s going to be a pretty good rebounder. You can’t make it in our league if you can’t create your own shot. He didn’t shoot it well from 3 in college and was really turnover-prone, but I think he knows what the hell he’s doing. His stroke’s not broken. Nice kid.”

I love The Athletic it’s so worth it to me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom