Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
On Vecenie’s podcast today, he teased that next weeks episode will be focused on NBA Draft Best Bets. He immediately mentioned that JB’s o/u is 9.5 and that he would hammer a prop that he’s drafted 6-8 (which might come back at + money)
Down to o/u 8.5 on my Draftkings. And all the Bouknight props (and they don't have a draft range one) have horrendous juice (-160 or so).

Reaction Score
If bouk doesn’t tear his meniscus his jr. year then his recruitment would of been a blue blood affair after a while, but like a few other posters said you could see the upside and potential at Mcduffie of a top 40 kid, even higher. I think Hurley said himself that the injury prevented him from being a top 25 kid in his class

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If bouk doesn’t tear his meniscus his jr. year then his recruitment would of been a blue blood affair after a while, but like a few other posters said you could see the upside and potential at Mcduffie of a top 40 kid, even higher. I think Hurley said himself that the injury prevented him from being a top 25 kid in his class

100%. I just can’t believe guys that get paid to do this stuff couldn’t see through a knee injury. When he did play, before and after injury, it seemed obvious.

I guess there’s always hits and misses that seemed obvious. Just still look back on it in wonderment.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
So that's telling me not everyone knew he was a lottery pick.
Yeah a lot of ppl didn’t know but he definitely was already . It would be awesome to say his two years at UConn molded a barely top 75 guy into a lottery pick but the fact is he was the best player on the court by a fair amount the second he hit the court as a freshman—easily better than a bunch of the 5 star freshmen that year.

Reaction Score
I mean we can go further than that. We are talking about a kid with no offers after his junior year of HS. Won mvp in the state championship and still no one believed. It’s truly a great story.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean we can go further than that. We are talking about a kid with no offers after his junior year of HS. Won mvp in that state championship and still no one believed. It’s truly a great story.
Bouk is going to kill it. At this point, who cares what number he is drafted. Let’s hope any where but Orlando.

Reaction Score
Bouk is going to kill it. At this point, who cares what number he is drafted. Let’s hope any where but Orlando.
exactly, j lamb was lottery. not that he’s a disappointment but i’m expecting more out of bouknight

Reaction Score

He’s gonna be a stud in the league. I wish this was the old days when he’d come back and win the Naismith Award but he is going to crush it and make about a hundred million bucks and I’m thrilled for him.

I have no doubt that Hurley and Kimani are going to be in the green room because they legitimately love the kid and are rock solid human beings, but I also love seeing them at the draft for the sake of the brand. I’m so pumped for James.

Reaction Score
100%. I just can’t believe guys that get paid to do this stuff couldn’t see through a knee injury. When he did play, before and after injury, it seemed obvious.

I guess there’s always hits and misses that seemed obvious. Just still look back on it in wonderment.
Absolutely, i remember when he was coming here on his official that September and I’m sayin to myself we gotta lock this kid up cause I was in love with his game, he had that smooth pro like game even back then lol, like you said it was obvious

Reaction Score
Yeah a lot of ppl didn’t know but he definitely was already . It would be awesome to say his two years at UConn molded a barely top 75 guy into a lottery pick but the fact is he was the best player on the court by a fair amount the second he hit the court as a freshman—easily better than a bunch of the 5 star freshmen that year.
Exactly, from that 1st game vs Xavier you can tell he was different and moved different from anyone else on the court, coming off a suspension into a loaded holiday tournament field playing a ranked team, and he the best player in the tournament

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Had a buddy who’s all into the NBA draft tell me that the most glaring weakness is his court vision. That the other teams knew this and that’s why he never had any space. He said Polley should have been scoring 15 points per game if Bouknight knew how to find him when the double came over.

Reaction Score
Had a buddy who’s all into the NBA draft tell me that the most glaring weakness is his court vision. That the other teams knew this and that’s why he never had any space. He said Polley should have been scoring 15 points per game if Bouknight knew how to find him when the double came over.
I’m just amazed that it took this long for scouts and draft types to realize he’s a top 5-8 draft pick. Anyone who followed UConn could tell you he never had any space because he was the only player on the roster who could score or create his own shots at a high major D1 level. His weaknesses that people cite (vision, 3pt %) are a direct result of being doubled all the time and being asked to bail out the offense with last second contested shots (also, he was playing hurt post elbow surgery for a large part of the season). If I’m Hurley, I’m telling Bouk to take it himself instead of trying to find open shooters who can’t shoot (though I concede Polley is probably the one exception)

Reaction Score

Ou staff always knew what they had.

“Hurley raised eyebrows in October 2018 when he told the audience at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast that Bouknight could be an early entry to the NBA.”

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Ou staff always knew what they had.

“Hurley raised eyebrows in October 2018 when he told the audience at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast that Bouknight could be an early entry to the NBA.”
Not to brag but I said the same thing in the first few Bouknight threads I started. I also nailed Bones Hyland as a stud when we were pursuing. My intuition is currently on JJ Starling. I think he’s the steal of the 2022 class and we should place emphasis on his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Woj has James 6th to OKC with Barnes at 5 and Kuminga at 7.

I am really warming up to the idea of Bouk to OKC. I think him and Shai could be a really good young backcourt and they have a ton of draft picks in the next few years. Would be cool if he could play with Kemba, but not sure if he will end up starting the season in OKC.

Reaction Score
Woj has James 6th to OKC with Barnes at 5 and Kuminga at 7.

I am really warming up to the idea of Bouk to OKC. I think him and Shai could be a really good young backcourt and they have a ton of draft picks in the next few years. Would be cool if he could play with Kemba, but not sure if he will end up starting the season in OKC.
This is Jonathan Givony's just released mock draft. 6th also. If this happens then I hope all those Yarders who were adamant that Bouknight was making a mistake come on here and admit they were wrong. Especially the one poster on here that was most insistent.

6. Oklahoma City Thunder

James Bouknight
UConn
SG

Bouknight has helped himself as much as any prospect in the pre-draft process, shooting the lights out at his pro day in Chicago, measuring well, and proceeding to continue his strong momentum in private workouts. The Thunder have long been high on Bouknight, going as far as to inquire about the possibility of him entering last year's draft, something he elected against. Every NBA team is looking for the type of versatile scoring backcourt player Bouknight's ceiling suggests he can become if he reaches his full potential, and his fit alongside Shai Gilgeous-Alexander appears to be strong.

Jonathan Kuminga also is a strong candidate here, and the Thunder have reportedly visited him twice in Miami to watch him work out and conduct a battery of testing. It is believed that the Thunder have been active in conversations looking to potentially move up in the draft, with Cade Cunningham and Evan Mobley rumored to be the prospects they are highest on. OKC has significant ammunition to try and get virtually anywhere it wants -- the question is whether the Thunder will be willing to pay a sky-high asking price to get into the top-3.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
There's a lot of Bradley Beal-Warriors trade smoke right now (sfgate.com)
and, more mock
The 2021 NBA Draft is Full of Stars With Some Diamonds in the Rough (lastwordonsports.com)
the week before the draft is the best. lot's of hijinx, tomfoolery,
strategery.jpg
and shenanigans, as all try to hide their footsteps. gonna be a great week for conspiracy kitty.
Cat-hat.001.jpeg

hey! don't yell at me because i couldn't find the 'official BY approved conspiracy kitty image' after a quick search.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

James Bouknight, 6-5 sophomore guard, UConn. “He killed it at his pro day, made every shot, but I’m not buying him as a shooter. He could be a good scorer like Jordan Clarkson. Shot the hell out of it at the Chicago pre-draft camp. He’s going to be a pretty good rebounder. You can’t make it in our league if you can’t create your own shot. He didn’t shoot it well from 3 in college and was really turnover-prone, but I think he knows what the hell he’s doing. His stroke’s not broken. Nice kid.”

Reaction Score
ESPN had a special today on the mock draft and they had James Bouknight going #6 to Oklahoma City

Reaction Score
Not to brag but I said the same thing in the first few Bouknight threads I started. I also nailed Bones Hyland as a stud when we were pursuing. My intuition is currently on JJ Starling. I think he’s the steal of the 2022 class and we should place emphasis on his recruitment.
Fun fact: JB was really high on VCU. He had a great visit and they have a fantastic program. Unfortunately he got bigger than the A10. Imagine Bones and JB together in the A10……

Reaction Score
Fun fact: JB was really high on VCU. He had a great visit and they have a fantastic program. Unfortunately he got bigger than the A10. Imagine Bones and JB together in the A10……
Unfortunately you used the wrong word choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom