Bouknight closing in on college decision (Zagsblog) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight closing in on college decision (Zagsblog)

Reaction Score
Yeah - my daughter holds numerous womens soccer records there
One of my favorite Huskies - Franzy Innocent coached there and I sent a few players his way from my teams
Just because the town isn't the best doesn't mean the school sucks
Storrs isn't really a mecca - My father, mother and son all went to UConn but they also loved Eastern

My Jr year at UConn we had an apartment in Willamatic. A Cold Water flat? Stove in the middle of the living room for heat. Everytime it came you would think there was an explosion.

Reaction Score
And there it is.....the Chief hedge. The dam break is now defined as one guard committing. Real visionary there Chief.

I am going to go on record here as well. Someone will commit to UConn at some point. My good friend Danny will get it done just like my old good frien Jim used to get it done. Blazing and grinding and all that.

I am your new insider

This?
th

Or this?
th

Reaction Score
And there it is.....the Chief hedge. The dam break is now defined as one guard committing. Real visionary there Chief.

I am going to go on record here as well. Someone will commit to UConn at some point. My good friend Danny will get it done just like my old good frien Jim used to get it done. Blazing and grinding and all that.

I am your new insider

How is Chief hedging. He never gave a number. The Chaters threw out numbers that they used to define his prediction, just as you are doing now. A dam breaking implies an event that allows the water to empty. It does not imply that it will all empty in 5 minutes or a day or a week. If we get Bouknight this week and Gaffney next and this leads to other top players coming for next year then the dam has broken in September.

Rather than standing behind the crowd throwing stones, the Chaters should rush to the front and provide their own predictions.

C

Chief00

I am your new insider

While it’s not a productive use of Chief’s time - I will respond. Please re-read my post and hopefully you will see your error. God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

How is Chief hedging. He never gave a number. The Chaters threw out numbers that they used to define his prediction, just as you are doing now. A dam breaking implies an event that allows the water to empty. It does not imply that it will all empty in 5 minutes or a day or a week. If we get Bouknight this week and Gaffney next and this leads to other top players coming for next year then the dam has broken in September.

Rather than standing behind the crowd throwing stones, the Chaters should rush to the front and provide their own predictions.

Smart dude.

Reaction Score
While this thread is hijacked, I gotta say, @Chief00, you had one of my favorite string of posts ever yesterday on the football board. Asking if anyone wanted you to to do a technical breakdown of the defense, having a grand total of zero responses, and then posting that you would work on the breakdown because so many people asked for it. Very Steve Jobs-esque with the reality distortion. Kudos on the impending dam break.

Reaction Score

Seriously? He absolutely hedged. I actually enjoy the whole Chief persona on the board, it adds character and at times some serious comedy relief. But let's be honest, he specializes in nebulousness to the point that he can claim victory no matter the outcome. The fact that "he never gave a number" or names for that matter is the point. While many "experts" have provided specific predictions via devices such as the Crystal Ball, Chief merely followed up with a more vague prediction through a description that leaves him all the room to maneuver that he needs. Other "insiders" have also provided specific names in their predictions.

I think you might be in thin company defining a dam break as any action that allows all the water to drain regardless of time frame. I could eventually siphon all the water out with a garden hose over the course of several years. No reasonable person would define that as a dam break. A dam break seems to connote more of a sudden, mass out-flowing wouldn't you say? And can we agree that one or even two commits in what will be a five player class probably doesn't qualify?

Anyway, I don't think of myself as a Chater but its hard to understand those that genuinely defend his act. Now carry on Chief.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
I confidently predict that all of Tuesday will burst through the Monday dam in one hour and forty minutes. Mazhude certified.

Reaction Score
Seriously? He absolutely hedged. I actually enjoy the whole Chief persona on the board, it adds character and at times some serious comedy relief. But let's be honest, he specializes in nebulousness to the point that he can claim victory no matter the outcome. The fact that "he never gave a number" or names for that matter is the point. While many "experts" have provided specific predictions via devices such as the Crystal Ball, Chief merely followed up with a more vague prediction through a description that leaves him all the room to maneuver that he needs. Other "insiders" have also provided specific names in their predictions.

I think you might be in thin company defining a dam break as any action that allows all the water to drain regardless of time frame. I could eventually siphon all the water out with a garden hose over the course of several years. No reasonable person would define that as a dam break. A dam break seems to connote more of a sudden, mass out-flowing wouldn't you say? And can we agree that one or even two commits in what will be a five player class probably doesn't qualify?

Anyway, I don't think of myself as a Chater but its hard to understand those that genuinely defend his act. Now carry on Chief.

Love the garden hose analogy. Not really where I was going with it, but very good nonetheless. Really made me laugh.

C

Chief00

5A72F2E6-79C7-48ED-82E7-753C7D15830D.png
While this thread is hijacked, I gotta say, @Chief00, you had one of my favorite string of posts ever yesterday on the football board. Asking if anyone wanted you to to do a technical breakdown of the defense, having a grand total of zero responses, and then posting that you would work on the breakdown because so many people asked for it. Very Steve Jobs-esque with the reality distortion. Kudos on the impending dam break.

LOL - Does anyone actually read anymore? That post blew my phone up (and it’s relatively new ). Here’s just a one of the many responses I took a picture of. But this system only allows me to upload one picture in a post.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is some quality Chiefing going on in this thread... and not all of it from Chief, which makes it all the sweeter! To be fair there is some quality Chating with guys rooting against us getting recruits in September just so they can say there was no dam burst.

Peek Boneyard indeed!

C

Chief00

There is some quality Chiefing going on in this thread... and not all of it from Chief, which makes it all the sweeter! To be fair there is some quality Chating with guys rooting against us getting recruits in September just so they can say there was no dam burst.

Peek Boneyard indeed!

So true - Rooting for the worse by the usual sour crew. On the other hand, Chief is optimistic about Coach Hurley’s recruiting effort and expects positive results very soon.

Reaction Score

Without a break, of any kind, there can be no flow. Water or recruits.
So, I ask as a Casual Fan, wouldn't even one recruit represent a break?

Reaction Score
So true - Rooting for the worse by the usual sour crew. On the other hand, Chief is optimistic about Coach Hurley’s recruiting effort and expects positive results very soon.

Keep Chiefing my friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom