Bouknight closing in on college decision (Zagsblog) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight closing in on college decision (Zagsblog)

C

Chief00

“James Bouknight, a talented combo guard out of the MacDuffie School in Massachusetts, concluded his official visit with UConn over the weekend and will likely make his decision on Tuesday.”

My phone notifications will most definitely be on (they are already).

Like Chief’s been saying between Monday night and Wednesday for dam to break.

The beat writers are now on flood alert status - just as Chief had recommended.

Reaction Score

Really tough prediction to make thanks man. #FloodAlert

Reaction Score

Hahahahahahaha

C

Chief00

36F0C1ED-E9FC-460E-A138-322B0EA6BE9F.jpeg
View attachment 34445
you said monday night

Here’s a date /time stamp picture of my post from 4:35PM yesterday. Chief really has better things to do with his time - but will put in the extra effort to help transparency.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think Bouknight comes to UConn - beyond him is what concerns me - especially some quality bigs - 4s and 5s
I am holding out with the hope that if Bouknight does commit he knows others are coming

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Have you been the Willimantic
Yeah - my daughter holds numerous womens soccer records there
One of my favorite Huskies - Franzy Innocent coached there and I sent a few players his way from my teams
Just because the town isn't the best doesn't mean the school sucks
Storrs isn't really a mecca - My father, mother and son all went to UConn but they also loved Eastern

C

Chief00

Yeah - my daughter holds numerous womens soccer records there
One of my favorite Huskies - Franzy Innocent coached there and I sent a few players his way from my teams
Just because the town isn't the best doesn't mean the school sucks
Storrs isn't really a mecca - My father, mother and son all went to UConn but they also loved Eastern

I agree, just as with UConn - the Eastern Campus has been pretty much transformed. If you haven’t seen it in the last few years - you would be surprised.

C

Chief00

I think Bouknight comes to UConn - beyond him is what concerns me - especially some quality bigs - 4s and 5s
I am holding out with the hope that if Bouknight does commit he knows others are coming

It’s like in football, the stud DL dude is the toughest get. Same in basketball, there are more athletic small guys than big dudes.

Having said all that, Coach Hurley will reel in some big tuna in (to use a Chill term)! I am confident of that from what I have been able to observe. The Jersey boy has a plan - start the buzz with the guards (I call it the dam break) and the Bigs will follow.

Reaction Score
Whats wrong with Eastern?

Great school. I did my undergrad there in the 80's. Dr Rhona Free was my advisor and I worked for her for two years as a research assistant. Now she is running St Joe's and hired JC to start a BB program. A lot of good has come from that school down the road from Storrs. 30 years later is still miss $2 pitchers and playing foosball at Blarneys.
I agree, just as with UConn - the Eastern Campus has been pretty much transformed. If you haven’t seen it in the last few years - you would be surprised.

I did my undergrad there in the 80's. Dr. Rhona Free was my Advisor and I worked for her as a research assistant in junior and senior year. Lots of memories drinking $2 pitchers and playing foosball at Blarney's. And you are right you would not recognize the place if you haven't stopped by in a bunch of years.

C

Chief00

I’ve really prided myself on becoming fluent in chief-even as a casual fan. I have faith. 1 recruit will definitely burst the dam (as predicted) then its onto the subsequent flooding.

Thanks as always chief

It all starts with a vision and as Coach Hurley says “being unrealistic”. Then do the grind, following the plan. Good things break out.
#ChiefCertified

Reaction Score
It’s like in football, the stud DL dude is the toughest get. Same in basketball, there are more athletic small guys than big dudes.

Having said all that, Coach Hurley will reel in some big tuna in (to use a Chill term)! I am confident of that from what I have been able to observe. The Jersey boy has a plan - start the buzz with the guards (I call it the dam break) and the Bigs will follow.
And there it is.....the Chief hedge. The dam break is now defined as one guard committing. Real visionary there Chief.

I am going to go on record here as well. Someone will commit to UConn at some point. My good friend Danny will get it done just like my old good frien Jim used to get it done. Blazing and grinding and all that......

I am your new insider

C

Chief00

“James Bouknight, a talented combo guard out of the MacDuffie School in Massachusetts, concluded his official visit with UConn over the weekend and will likely make his decision on Tuesday.”

My phone notifications will most definitely be on (they are already).

While many are focused on Kwintin’s dunks, Chief was pleasantly surprised last season that KW worked really hard at boxing out. I wish KO gave him more PT. It’s nice that Coach Hurley recognizes the benefits of his physical play.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
While many are focused on Kwintin’s dunks, Chief was pleasantly surprised last season that KW worked really hard at boxing out. I wish KO gave him more PT. It’s nice that Coach Hurley recognizes the benefits of his physical play.
KW was the only player who played hard v Auburn last season.

Reaction Score
Chaters? Hmmm, casual observation here, but do we have slang now for the Chief haters?

Why not? If the shoe fits?

I personally don't understand it. I don't know who is or is not connected on this site. Calling me a Casual Fan would probably place me above my weight class. But I do enjoy Chiefs posts. Unlike the Chaters he doesn't get mean and negative, which puts him five miles ahead of them.

Having had a long successful career forecasting markets around the world, i know that even with the best information it is hard. If you are over 50% you have a job. My impression he is over 50%.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
And how many minutes did he get the next game?
The next game was Wichita St where he played zero minutes. I actually agree with you on this. KW can provide a spark that can energize the team and KO underutilized him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom