Bouknight arrested? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like how one posters comment that James wasn’t ready to be on his own in the NBA has now morphed into “one more year in college would completely fix James now apparent issues. That was never what he said.

As it turns out, he was correct (and I suspect he may have had some information that he chose not to share with the board). The ironic thing is that those posters who said “when you have the opportunity to make life-changing money, you have to take it” were also correct. That is just too hard to walk away from.

In the end, I don’t think anybody is rooting against Bouknight. Everyone wants the best for him. Speaking for myself, I hope he gets his stuff together. He is athletically gifted and could be a phenomenal talent. regardless, he genuinely seemed like a nice kid. I wish the best for him, whatever that may be.
To be fair, the vast majority of the discussion around Bouknight's maturity issues were in the context of the handful of posters arguing that he should stay another year. The implication was absolutely that with another year, things would be better. I think it's pretty clear at this point that a) there were issues, and b) another year wouldn't have done a thing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll never understand how all these guys don't have their own personal driver for when they go out. When I was a kid my dad's best friend in NYC had his own personal driver for when he went out on the town and he had nowhere near NBA money, it would cost peanuts to an NBA player.

I think these teams actually have deals with Uber too. (I know the NFL does.)

Unfortunately, this kid is a moron.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hang in there, james! im hopeful that u'll figger it out, like, ummm, seemingly half of the folks here who appear to be alkies. im sympathetic to their plight, too, even tho i never liked the stuff. nasty habit, that one.
heck, even the State of Connecticut has recently lightened up on their 'punishment' of boozers who got caught, understanding that folks be folks, and not perfect creatures.

all of this setting the stage for another episode of....
il_fullxfull.842213148_a0bt.jpg

im bettin that the over/under for pages on this one is..... wait, i have no clue.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'll never understand how all these guys don't have their own personal driver for when they go out. When I was a kid my dad's best friend in NYC had his own personal driver for when he went out on the town and he had nowhere near NBA money, it would cost peanuts to an NBA player.

In my experience, people in NYC hire drivers because there are very few places to park and no valets, but your point remains: Why drink and drive when it's so easy not to? You know you're going out, you know you're drinking. Don't drive to the bar/club.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. He could afford to buy a new car-pay the driver and still have a few dollars left over .....

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In my experience, people in NYC hire drivers because there are very few places to park and no valets, but your point remains: Why drink and drive when it's so easy not to? You know you're going out, you know you're drinking. Don't drive to the bar/club.
My only answer ( not excuse) is “ kids”

We all thought we were invincible at one point in our lives.

Common sense is not a trait of the young. No matter what your financial stake. Never has been traditionally , and hell it’s taken me 50+ years to have an iota. Still a work in progress.

Reaction Score
I think these teams actually have deals with Uber too. (I know the NFL does.)

Unfortunately, this kid is a moron.
Yep, as I was typing it I realized there's no way the league/team etc. doesn't have drivers for them and all the players have a buddy/driver who will do anything for them. Bouk just makes horrible decisions. He has since day 1, they were able to make it go away when he was on campus...

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
His attitude at UConn got worse every year. He was not ready to go pro either. Regardless, I'll be rooting for him. Turn it around Bouk.

Reaction Score
Charlotte has front court, back court, off the court issues. Their legal team going to burn out.

Reaction Score
Good lord this guy just cannot get out of his own way. What a dumb@$$ thing to do. And this is coming from one of his biggest defenders.

The talent is obvious and but he's going to end up a nobody real quick if he doesn't get it straightened out. C'mon Bouk, getting real hard to keep putting up for you these days.

Reaction Score
or that a gun in the car wasnt used in a dangerous way.
That was just a post from a Hornets message board. It seems to just be a DWI charge which is bad enough.

Reaction Score
With a gun.

So the guy on the message board was right. Bouk has serious problems, he's awfully young for this to be his last chance but it feels like it's his last chance.

A lot of rumors about more bad behavior we haven't heard about, he's totally out of control it seems.

Reaction Score
My father WAS killed by a drunk driver, 3 days before my 11th birthday. Happy birthday kid. By an off duty police officer. Life does not necessarily go on. Care to reconsider your comment?

Not liking your comment because I "like it" but because you make a very fair point. No kid deserves to go through that.

In my opinion, DUIs should be automatic jail time.

Reaction Score
I could see the Hornets not picking up his 3rd year option after this

Reaction Score

Kid was drunk with a gun and has 3 arrests for reckless driving in the last year along with his BS at UConn. Kid must be driving recklessly 4x a week if he's been caught that many times.

Needs to lose his license for 5 years and do community service. Mandatory rehab for his alcohol problem or jail time.

Loved the kid as a player but he's clearly a stain of a human being. Good riddance.

Reaction Score
Almost everyone is redeemable. Everyone makes mistakes- our hopes are that our greatest ones don’t permanently impact ourselves or especially others in a horrible or irreversible manner. He’s come way too close, way too many times; and, when you burn bridges and shut out the people who are trying to help you and tell you the truth, there aren’t a lot of ways things can turn out positively.

Reaction Score
Almost everyone is redeemable. Everyone makes mistakes- our hopes are that our greatest ones don’t permanently impact ourselves or especially others in a horrible or irreversible manner. He’s come way too close, way too many times; and, when you burn bridges and shut out the people who are trying to help you and tell you the truth, there aren’t a lot of ways things can turn out positively.

You'd know better than me what the kid needs. I can't imagine the normal system is working if he's on his 5th citation in 2 years. Hopefully an arrest and some mandatory community service/rehab can help him. He's 22 years old; these are big boy decisions now. Not sure if people usually get probation for first DUIs.

Reaction Score
Wow incredibly dissapointing seems like he has a mental illness, who cares about his NBA career he needs to be released immediately do serious time most importantly get serious rehab.

I think Ray would be a great mentor for him get clean then go the D league route then catch on with another team. Get yourself together before you end your life, someone else’s and effect other lives in the process including your family’s lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom