Bouknight arrested? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the introduction of Uber/Lyft there should be zero excuses for anyone to have a DUI in 2022. Even more so with NBA players who not only have millions for said Ubers, but also can hire a driver. Additionally, I'm pretty sure the league/players association have free rides for all players to avoid this. Just pure stupidity. I've always been a huge defender of James, not sure how I can be now. We all saw how Raiders WR Henry Ruggs KILLED someone. I wish James the best of luck, but in all honesty it will take a lot for me to support him again.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
I hope this is not an indication of him being down on himself right now. People are sometimes drunk in their car because of depression, rather than joyriding. No way of knowing, but I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think I’m about done backing this guy. Hope he figures it out and I hope there’s no major underlying issue he’s dealing with.

If Kemba gets no offers from any team and he’s reduced to a mentor-from-the-bench role, would love to see Charlotte pick him to help here. But I also wouldn’t blame them if they were close to moving on from Bouk.

Hopefully he can find a way to produce on the court and be a good person off of it

Reaction Score
Not saying this to be judgmental, but as a distant observer it seems like Bouk may have a real alcohol problem. Freshman year should have been a DUI. Last year he came back to UConn and was too blasted to come out on the court and then got kicked out of the game with some bizarre antics. Now he’s got a DUI. I hope the guy can get some help and be healthy

Reaction Score
He needs some serious help by way of a veteran mentor. I know many thought the incident where Bouk was kicked out of the game at UConn was funny but to me it was a microcosm of his immaturity and ego. This is a really sad development so close to the season as he was primed to get some minutes. I hope he rights the ship before it's too late.

Reaction Score
Red Flag Reaction GIF by virginradiotoronto

Reaction Score
With the introduction of Uber/Lyft there should be zero excuses for anyone to have a DUI in 2022. Even more so with NBA players who not only have millions for said Ubers, but also can hire a driver. Additionally, I'm pretty sure the league/players association have free rides for all players to avoid this. Just pure stupidity. I've always been a huge defender of James, not sure how I can be now. We all saw how Raiders WR Henry Ruggs KILLED someone. I wish James the best of luck, but in all honesty it will take a lot for me to support him again.
I'll never understand how all these guys don't have their own personal driver for when they go out. When I was a kid my dad's best friend in NYC had his own personal driver for when he went out on the town and he had nowhere near NBA money, it would cost peanuts to an NBA player.

Reaction Score
What happened to his personal babysitter? Forget his name but the guy from UConn. Wonder if the Hornets are giving any thought of releasing him. With the Bridges situation that organization needs to clean up its act.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah in before "another year at UConn would have fixed all his maturity issues." Very specifically this incident is the opposite of making that point, as he did the same thing here and clearly didn't mature enough in 2 years here despite being suspended for it.
I like how one posters comment that James wasn’t ready to be on his own in the NBA has now morphed into “one more year in college would completely fix James now apparent issues. That was never what he said.

As it turns out, he was correct (and I suspect he may have had some information that he chose not to share with the board). The ironic thing is that those posters who said “when you have the opportunity to make life-changing money, you have to take it” were also correct. That is just too hard to walk away from.

In the end, I don’t think anybody is rooting against Bouknight. Everyone wants the best for him. Speaking for myself, I hope he gets his stuff together. He is athletically gifted and could be a phenomenal talent. regardless, he genuinely seemed like a nice kid. I wish the best for him, whatever that may be.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Aaa... not too worried about it. Regular people get DUIs all the time. Life goes on. That said, it still may hurt his career.
The concern is not this singular incident. He has had multiple issues in the past related to alcohol/operating vehicles and other antics.

I agree with you- one DUI. Big dumb mistake, life goes on (assuming no one got hurt).

Having it happen on multiple occasions? HUGE red flags and you are officially a danger to yourself and others.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It was pathetic and terrible reflection on him.
It was definitely both those things ( which is why I said “ sad”

But the epic was the building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member