Bouk out indefinitely | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Bouk out indefinitely

Reaction Score
If he is coming back and they can somehow grind, and I mean grind out 3 wins I'd be thrilled. That would give them a shot, but man it will be hard to get that done. Not putting it past this gritty group but we will be in pain at times watching them so hang on tight.
This forces the other guys to step up...Does this let Gaff play more and let Cole play much more SG? Might force Gaff into being the player many of us think he can be...Then wen Bouk comes back...we have a much more well rounded team?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was buying UConn—who have a very tough supporting cast—before Bouknight got injured. The problem is that without him, it’s only a supporting cast.
This is fair but I think Polley has breakout potential.

Reaction Score
The 2-4 week unofficial timeframe.
Encouraging news based on the other possible outcomes.. In the meantime.. Would be great to see AA start to get his rhythm back and maybe even Andre with some contributions while JB is healing..

Reaction Score
So target game return would be 2/13 @ Xavier.

The following would be missed:
1/18 vs SJU
1/20 @ Xavier (likely to be postponed anyway)
1/23 @ Creighton
1/26 Butler
1/31 @ SJU
2/6 Seton Hall
2/10 PC

So 6 or less games will be without Bouk (given the 4 weeks). I think we can manage to hold the fort. The game at Creighton will be tough to win, and the home games vs Seton Hall, PC and 1/31 @ SJU may be 50/50. I don't think we'll go worse than 3-3.
The only game on this list where, on paper, we have basically no shot is @Creighton. Some tough ones there, but they're winnable. Here's hoping the Nova game is rescheduled for when he's back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have a related question. I'll also preface the question by suggesting it's a bit premature.

What is stopping Bouk from hiring an agent right now? Does anyone think this is a possibility. I think there's a small chance he might. Here are my thoughts.

Many of us agree he enters the draft this year (me included). Many of us agree the injury will end his season. At the very least we are mentally preparing as if he's not coming back (this is where I'm at). If both of those things are true, what's the point in Bouk hanging around on campus? Why not hire an agent now?

I'd also add Bouk suddenly has a bit of a pr issue. He's going to want his physical status to be communicated with nba teams. He may want his own representation to do so. To me this sounds like a job for an agent.

Ill repeat, I think the odds he hires an agent before the end of the season are pretty small. But it does seem like a possibility.
I don't get this at all. There's nothing to gained by hiring an agent now except for some upfront cash. He would have to quit on the team, his friends. What else is going to with his time?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He also got hurt at a tough point for his draft status. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a sure fire first rounder regardless at this point, but he was gaining momentum solidifying his spot in the lottery. Maybe he can still achieve that without playing again this season but definitely not a sure thing, especially with other prospects getting an opportunity to show out while he’s idle.

I think he’s got a lot to gain by playing more this and a good situation to come back to: He’ll be the clear go to guy as soon as he steps back on the court and his injury isn’t one that will need a lot of caution or affect conditioning too much.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Just got a bouk update. He had some type of bone spur in his elbow and the surgery was to clean it up/take the piece out. He should be back 4 weeks from the surgery. No thoughts at all of sitting out the season.
oh, so mid feb'ish on the return...
hmm,
'i expect james to return soon, as the weather warms up. mid to late february by my way of thinking. yet, on the udder hand, given his character, age, the 'off' hand impact to his offense, and the reasonable expectation that there isn't a nerve kablooie component, or a bone chip curveball, it may just be
20 minutes.'

some here ain't got nuthin on chicken little. everyday. it always fascinates me that one person can have spurs, calcium deposits, scar tissues, and such thruout their body, and neither be overly affected nor unreasonably concerned, or drug and surgical therapied ad nauseum, while someone else can have one tiny deposit in their pinkie finger, yet spend all their waking days shouting it from the rooftops. lame, pointless, annoying.
we've watched young james long enough to know he is of the former type. that run-in he had with aj would have sent many lesser types to the medical industrial complex for shoulder analysis paralyses. not him. he's a 'take 2 aspirin, hit the hay, and call me in the morning' type. steely in mind and body.
hey beagles! don't feel alone! i'm an equal opportunity harsher, and like youse, quacks deserve scorn at times too.
james is getting paid cuz the check writers know that he is talented, thoughtful on the court, and tough as ur mother-in-laws roast beef. a Husky. and, as a public service reminder that 'attitude is altitude,'
How Much Time Should You Spend Outside During Winter? - InsideHook

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bouk told me he’s coming back for junior and senior
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Reaction Score
The only game on this list where, on paper, we have basically no shot is @Creighton. Some tough ones there, but they're winnable. Here's hoping the Nova game is rescheduled for when he's back.
Agree. Plus in COVID world one never knows what will be played when. Any game listed could be moved or cancelled in the current environment.

Reaction Score
I don't get this at all. There's nothing to gained by hiring an agent now except for some upfront cash. He would have to quit on the team, his friends. What else is going to with his time?
Seriously? If he hires an agent it will be a business decision. If the money is there, and I suspect it is only marginal based on his limited body of work due to the injury, he will leave “ his team, his friends” so fast they won’t know what hit them. This is D1/NBA basketball, not the eastern Connecticut Middle School Conference. These guys have loyalty to themselves. FWIW Not knocking Booknight on this. Just stating a reality. We may care about our Huskies and bleed blue. Potential 1st rounders really don’t.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
He has a name. It’s K. He lives in NC.

You know what some unnamed coaches would do now? Have a false COVID test "become" a positive to have the team out an additional couple weeks .

Reaction Score
My thought was he may want a professional communicating his injury status to nba teams. And you are right, he would lose plenty. So it was always unlikely. More unlikely based on some of the more recent posts. Latest information in this thread seems to confirm the injury is indeed of the more trivial kind.... I hope.... fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Just got a bouk update. He had some type of bone spur in his elbow and the surgery was to clean it up/take the piece out. He should be back 4 weeks from the surgery. No thoughts at all of sitting out the season.
So nothing really to do with the injury sustained in the Marquette game? They must have found the spurs from the probing they did because of the injury. Good news if that's the case.

Reaction Score
I believe that list is in alphabetical order...
I meant down in Tier 7, which is far down considering there are 6 tiers above them, not their position in Tier 7. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

No expert here, but this has got to be a good sign that only a few days out of surgery Bouk can bend his elbow this way.

Given the look on Martin's face and the look on the face of the guy behind Martin's left shoulder, Martin definitely farted a few secs before pic was taken.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

No expert here, but this has got to be a good sign that only a few days out of surgery Bouk can bend his elbow this way.

Not to pee in your Cinamon Toast Crunch, but they start range of motion exercises virtually immediately after surgery.

Reaction Score
Not to pee in your Cinamon Toast Crunch, but they start range of motion exercises virtually immediately after surgery.
Haha, I'd rather just rip off the band-aid, always. Thanks, like I said, I'm not expert. But still, lines up with the 2-4 week recovery time frame at least.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
ok captain downer. one of the first things i thought when i saw this was that bouk looks to be in good spirits. but you can certainly join some other folks here in proclaiming we'll never se him in a husky uniform again. yeeesh.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
ok captain downer. one of the first things i thought when i saw this was that bouk looks to be in good spirits. but you can certainly join some other folks here in proclaiming we'll never se him in a husky uniform again. yeeesh.
Oh no. He's playing for the Huskies again. Just not within 14 days.

I had my knee reconstructed 26 years ago, but even back then, the point of the RoM exercises is to prevent scar tissue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom