Bouk out indefinitely | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Bouk out indefinitely

Reaction Score
I have a related question. I'll also preface the question by suggesting it's a bit premature.

What is stopping Bouk from hiring an agent right now? Does anyone think this is a possibility. I think there's a small chance he might. Here are my thoughts.

Many of us agree he enters the draft this year (me included). Many of us agree the injury will end his season. At the very least we are mentally preparing as if he's not coming back (this is where I'm at). If both of those things are true, what's the point in Bouk hanging around on campus? Why not hire an agent now?

I'd also add Bouk suddenly has a bit of a pr issue. He's going to want his physical status to be communicated with nba teams. He may want his own representation to do so. To me this sounds like a job for an agent.

Ill repeat, I think the odds he hires an agent before the end of the season are pretty small. But it does seem like a possibility.

Reaction Score
I have a related question. I'll also preface the question by suggesting it's a bit premature.

What is stopping Bouk from hiring an agent right now? Does anyone think this is a possibility. I think there's a small chance he might. Here are my thoughts.

Many of us agree he enters the draft this year (me included). Many of us agree the injury will end his season. At the very least we are mentally preparing as if he's not coming back (this is where I'm at). If both of those things are true, what's the point in Bouk hanging around on campus? Why not hire an agent now?

I'd also add Bouk suddenly has a bit of a pr issue. He's going to want his physical status to be communicated with nba teams. He may want his own representation to do so. To me this sounds like a job for an agent.

Ill repeat, I think the odds he hires an agent before the end of the season are pretty small. But it does seem like a possibility.
The bolded section is the premise where the argument falters. There's no indication at this point this injury will end his season.

Plus, if theoretically it did, what value does hiring an agent now provide him? He'd be unable to practice, tryout, anything. What would his agent do? That move would do nothing other than close the door on his options for next season while providing almost no benefit to him. I believe it would also exclude him from being on this year's active roster and he would not be able to travel, be at practice, or anything with this current team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Short answer is nothing.

Any player, at any point in their career can drop out of school and hire an agent.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
This wins the "wild speculation" thread award for the year. Some real hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing here.
Bouk comes back and plays, lol. Kid's baller. Can't see him bailing.
Hurley's "recruiting trajectory" or "program trajectory" will not be materially impacted even if Bouk doesn't/can't come back.
Hurley's a great recruiter. Period. He'll always have that. Crazy panicky post thinking an early Bouk ending would be critical to our continued success. Gasoline-thrown-on-fire-to-put-it-out panicky.

Reaction Score
I think this is a slight overreaction. The relevance issue has been taking care of already. We are nationally relevant. And I believe we’ll more than hold down the fort until February. I’d agree with your point more if this was a season ending injury(a la Jerome Dyson), but it’s not.
I think you're prematurely declaring victory on "relevance".

Yes, we have some buzz right now. Yes, we're ranked this week.

But if we lose 3 of 6 games without Bouknight, we're just another decent-to-good Big East program on the bubble. That is absolutely an "if". We could run the table without him and launch ourselves into the national picture right when he comes back. That would be the best case scenario, but it's not likely.

That said, even if we have a mediocre next few weeks, we could get Bouk back and make a run, which would have the same effect, but it's putting a lot of pressure on March.

Reaction Score
According to Channel 30 the surgery was done on Tuesday. The same day he was going in to be looked at after Monday night's game. So it was very likely they at least suspected he need a procedure. and Hurley was talking confidently on Tuesday afternoon.

Let's face. We probably may not hear anything until the St John's media preview.

Reaction Score
The bolded section is the premise where the argument falters. There's no indication at this point this injury will end his season.

Plus, if theoretically it did, what value does hiring an agent now provide him? He'd be unable to practice, tryout, anything. What would his agent do? That move would do nothing other than close the door on his options for next season while providing almost no benefit to him. I believe it would also exclude him from being on this year's active roster and he would not be able to travel, be at practice, or anything with this current team.
Agree with your thoughts. I doubt he would do such a thing. The only thing I thought hiring an agent might get Bouk is professional p.r. And he suddenly has a small need for some p.r. As I said before, Bouk may feel the need communicate his status with nba teams. He may feel a professional rep would communicate this message better.

Others in the thread have brought up Nick Bosa. After injury, Bosa opted out of his final football season to prep for the draft. I don't know for sure, but I suspect he hired an agent as soon as he opted out. So there is precedent for this.

Reaction Score
This wins the "wild speculation" thread award for the year. Some real hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing here.
Bouk comes back and plays, lol. Kid's baller. Can't see him bailing.
Hurley's "recruiting trajectory" or "program trajectory" will not be materially impacted even if Bouk doesn't/can't come back.
Hurley's a great recruiter. Period. He'll always have that. Crazy panicky post thinking an early Bouk ending would be critical to our continued success. Gasoline-thrown-on-fire-to-put-it-out panicky.
What do you think this forum is for? Discussion. And yes, speculation. Some of it may even be "wild".

Furthermore, "our continued success" and Bouk's success are likely not one in the same.

Reaction Score
Isn’t there a weekly Crispino show on 97.9 where he interviews Hurley? Maybe we will get an update there, but I thought it was supposed to be on Wednesday's, and there was no show this week If that was the case.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any player, at any point in their career can drop out of school and hire an agent.
Can't they hire an agent and retain eligibility now?

Reaction Score
I am no smart guy although I would like to think I am : ) I am not surprised at all. In fact, I was surprised that he could've been back against St. John's or soon after that game.

When I saw his injury I knew it was really bad. Damn. I am not sure he comes back this season.

Reaction Score
IF Bouk does make it back, going to want him to do so at least a couple weeks before the tourney. Going to need a few weeks of games and practice to fit back onto a team that will have been playing without him for a month.

Reaction Score
Isn’t there a weekly Crispino show on 97.9 where he interviews Hurley? Maybe we will get an update there, but I thought it was supposed to be on Wednesday's, and there was no show this week If that was the case.
Crispino didn't ask about timeline first show after the injury...will he punt that topic again?

Reaction Score
I am no smart guy although I would like to think I am : ) I am not surprised at all. In fact, I was surprised that he could've been back against St. John's or soon after that game.

When I saw his injury I knew it was really bad. Damn. I am not sure he comes back this season.
The other thing that suggested to me he wouldn't be back soon was I saw how he was passing the ball in the layup line before the DePaul game. He wasn't make two handed chest passes or bounce passes. He was making weak one handed passes with his right hand.

Ok, I am done patting myself one the back for knowing this. But this completely bums me out.

Reaction Score
Hire an agent? No one knows what he has for Chrissakes.

Reaction Score
The other thing that suggested to me he wouldn't be back soon was I saw how he was passing the ball in the layup line before the DePaul game. He wasn't make two handed chest passes or bounce passes. He was making weak one handed passes with his right hand.

Ok, I am done patting myself one the back for knowing this. But this completely bums me out.
He has a painful throwing motion. That’s what I got from that...clearly never a baseball player.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
for arguments sake let’s say it’s a complete tear(it’s likely not) what examples are there of basketball players who have returned from this injury? This is typically like a baseball and tennis injury, you typically don’t see too many of these in basketball players?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We can be good without Bouknight. But we can’t really be fun to watch without him. Whaley is the only other guy who has been fun to watch besides when Polley gets hot.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
We can be good without Bouknight. But we can’t really be fun to watch without him. Whaley is the only other guy who has been fun to watch besides when Polley gets hot.
Not me, as rough as the edges are sometimes I like watching Martin. And I think Sanogo's gonna be fun to watch as he gets more minutes. Same for AJ if he can come back and secure 10-15 mins a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom