Bouk out indefinitely | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Bouk out indefinitely

Reaction Score
Oh how this has revealed who we really are as a team. Hurley has forged a culture of effort, tenacity, no-quit ... and its bigger than any one player.

The 2021 team’s expectations just got a lot higher..

Reaction Score
Saw this in an SI article today about putting the top 45 teams into tiers. The top 2 tiers only have 1 team each. UConn was pretty far down in Tier 7. Not that I'm saying he's wrong but it seems like bulletin board material for the rest of the guys. Hope they all step up and prove this guy wrong.

Tier 7: Good, but not completely convincing

Alabama (10–3)
Indiana (8–5)
Louisville (9–1)
Minnesota (10–4)
Oklahoma State (9–3)
Purdue (8–5)
Rutgers (7–4)
Stanford (8–3)
UConn (7–1)
USC (9–2)

I was buying UConn—who have a very tough supporting cast—before Bouknight got injured. The problem is that without him, it’s only a supporting cast.

Reaction Score
Great, the SI reporter put UConn in the prove the Huskies are good category. JC would have loved it as DH likely does now.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I cannot believe the injuries this team has collected over the years. Hearing this is doesn't surprise me. I feel for him. He was on his way to the top. I pray for a speedy recovery,

Reaction Score
Not me, as rough as the edges are sometimes I like watching Martin. And I think Sanogo's gonna be fun to watch as he gets more minutes. Same for AJ if he can come back and secure 10-15 mins a game.
Yeah you are right about those players. Other guys in the rotation like Adams and Gaffney have been incredibly boring to watch though

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Four weeks?! That’s like 3 games during COVID season! Not too bad.

You know what some unnamed coaches would do now? Have a false COVID test "become" a positive to have the team out an additional couple weeks .

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Just got a bouk update. He had some type of bone spur in his elbow and the surgery was to clean it up/take the piece out. He should be back 4 weeks from the surgery. No thoughts at all of sitting out the season.

So target game return would be 2/13 @ Xavier.

The following would be missed:
1/18 vs SJU
1/20 @ Xavier (likely to be postponed anyway)
1/23 @ Creighton
1/26 Butler
1/31 @ SJU
2/6 Seton Hall
2/10 PC

So 6 or less games will be without Bouk (given the 4 weeks). I think we can manage to hold the fort. The game at Creighton will be tough to win, and the home games vs Seton Hall, PC and 1/31 @ SJU may be 50/50. I don't think we'll go worse than 3-3.

Reaction Score
You know what some unnamed coaches would do now? Have a false COVID test "become" a positive to have the team out an additional couple weeks .

Or whine that the season should be temporarily suspended to get Covid-19 under conrol for say, 4 weeks, may embellish with a runny nose and fainting on the court.

Reaction Score
Could be a stupid question but did the surgery already take place? Or was it only announced that surgery was needed?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Could be a stupid question but did the surgery already take place? Or was it only announced that surgery was needed?
Pretty sure it happened Tuesday

Reaction Score
Bouk told me he’s coming back for junior and senior

If he even comes back for Junior year, I'll be thrilled. Not sure how much insurance he can buy to make it worth it though. With our new strength coach from Cincy, I can't imagine he'd get much bigger and stronger anywhere else. I also know that he wants to play in front of a real UConn crowd before he moves on. You never know. It would be awesome.

Reaction Score
If he even comes back for Junior year, I'll be thrilled. Not sure how much insurance he can buy to make it worth it though. With our new strength coach from Cincy, I can't imagine he'd get much bigger and stronger anywhere else. I also know that he wants to play in front of a real UConn crowd before he moves on. You never know. It would be awesome.
And we have a spot with the JB transfer

Reaction Score
So target game return would be 2/13 @ Xavier.

The following would be missed:
1/18 vs SJU
1/20 @ Xavier (likely to be postponed anyway)
1/23 @ Creighton
1/26 Butler
1/31 @ SJU
2/6 Seton Hall
2/10 PC

So 6 or less games will be without Bouk (given the 4 weeks). I think we can manage to hold the fort. The game at Creighton will be tough to win, and the home games vs Seton Hall, PC and 1/31 @ SJU may be 50/50. I don't think we'll go worse than 3-3.

If he is coming back and they can somehow grind, and I mean grind out 3 wins I'd be thrilled. That would give them a shot, but man it will be hard to get that done. Not putting it past this gritty group but we will be in pain at times watching them so hang on tight.

Reaction Score
Bouk has been my absolute favorite husky since Ray Allen and I would love nothing more than to have him back, but, would that potentially cause issues with an incoming recruit like Jordan Hawkins or with Andre Jax? I’m sure during recruiting DH told those guys that Bouk would be gone.
At the end of the day though, obviously you take Bouk coming back over everything else, even if it causes a transfer out potentially.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom