Bouk #12 In Latest BR Mock Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouk #12 In Latest BR Mock Draft

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Agreed. Admittedly I don’t know a ton about the guys ahead of him, but being around basketball for a long time, Bouk is a special talent, and he has that killer instinct and swagger to be a star in the NBA. I could easily see him working his way into a top 5 pick when all is said and done. Very excited for what his nba career could look like, and in fact, I haven’t been this excited about a UConn player since Ray Allen, and I followed every game of his in the NBA. Looking forward to doing the same for Bouk!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
bouk on the sixers a shooter?
I've been a Knicks fan forever but I've been gravitating toward the Sixers because Dolan can't do anything right. Sixers look good this year so unless they trade up, Bouk won't last that long in the draft.

Reaction Score
I would just like to step in and say to all those saying Bouk was our best player at the end of last season you are wrong. He certainly was the most promising but CV was playing like a 1st team AA at the end of the season

Carry on

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would just like to step in and say to all those saying Bouk was our best player at the end of last season you are wrong. He certainly was the most promising but CV was playing like a 1st team AA at the end of the season

Carry on

Yes. Best offensive player is probably a more accurate description.

Reaction Score

Carry on

I love CV, but 1st Team All American might be a bit much. If he was playing at that level, he would have been drafted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Carry on
Yes, dude was on a tear at end of the season.

Last 7 games: 23.9 ppg (48.1 FG%, 42.3 3P%, 90 FT%) 6.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 2.7 spg

Reaction Score

Carry on
Yep, glad cv gets a shot to prove himself in the g league.

C

Chief00

Bouknight will never really have a full college season - what a shame. Chief will always fondly remember James as part of the original recruiting dam break. There’s still so much he can improve - on or off the court. I wish he would stay another year to do that but he will be slotted high enough in the draft - that he will likely leave.

Reaction Score
NBA likes size. It will be interesting to see Bouk get measured. Probably 6’4“ without shoes. But he is tough for his build. I think he shows a higher basketball IQ or instinct for the game than most and I don’t think it is really taught or learned.
They don’t care what you measure without shoes anymore. You don’t play basketball barefoot.

Reaction Score
Bouknight’s ceiling in this draft is 6. He will not go lower than 10.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, dude was on a tear at end of the season.

Last 7 games: 23.9 ppg (48.1 FG%, 42.3 3P%, 90 FT%) 6.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 2.7 spg

And yet, except for Tulane at the end, you can make a case that Bouknight was even better from the second Tulsa game on. At the very least, it is very close.

In the month or February:
Bouk: 170 points, 16 Assist, 15 TO, 10 steals, 1 block, 46 rebounds and shot .457 and .415 from 3. 294 min.
CV: 172 points, 27 assists, 28 TO, 25 steals, 1 block, 50 rebounds and shot .417 and .392 from 3. 326 min.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see where Bouk ultimately goes in the draft. This class is as good as advertised as a whole, the best and deepest in a long time. In a typical draft I think he'd go in the 5-7 range.

The UK players are tough to peg. Brandon Boston looks awful, I wouldn't take him over Bouk in a million years. I think Bouk's ceiling is 8th and he's likely to go 10-12.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see where Bouk ultimately goes in the draft. This class is as good as advertised as a whole, the best and deepest in a long time. In a typical draft I think he'd go in the 5-7 range.

The UK players are tough to peg. Brandon Boston looks awful, I wouldn't take him over Bouk in a million years. I think Bouk's ceiling is 8th and he's likely to go 10-12.
If Bouk was a year older I think he would’ve went top 5 last year.

Reaction Score
And yet, except for Tulane at the end, you can make a case that Bouknight was even better from the second Tulsa game on. At the very least, it is very close.

In the month or February:
Bouk: 170 points, 16 Assist, 15 TO, 10 steals, 1 block, 46 rebounds and shot .457 and .415 from 3. 294 min.
CV: 172 points, 27 assists, 28 TO, 25 steals, 1 block, 50 rebounds and shot .417 and .392 from 3. 326 min.
We desperately need a second scorer.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
8261D5B7-3557-432C-A502-D2E78EE42751.jpeg
From Bleacher Report today

Reaction Score
It's so obvious that Bouk put in the work this spring/summer in the face of COVID concerns, when some people with NBA aspirations just didn't (see West Virginia's Tshiebwe).

His handle is so much tighter, especially in transition. It allows him to be in attack mode all the time at high speed. He just gets to spots before the defense expects them to be there. He's drawn a bunch of blocking fouls from guys in the circle when defenders just didn't have time to step out of it.

And then he developed a go-to move that plays off that speed: his hesitation drive. Defenses have to respect the blow-by with his handle, so he draws so many bump and touch fouls and gets to the line for easy points. And he can attack rotations/closeouts with the hesitation as well, as bigs aren't generally quick enough to stop when he hesitates and then keep up with him once he gets going again.

Things like his finishing ability through contact, anticipation, rebounding for his position, and catch and shoot jump shooting were all evident last year. And while he could always create a decent shot last year, he didn't make them often enough (see the stat in the last post). So add in the improved shot making to the improved handle and good enough footwork and focus on defense to not be a liability, and you have a monster.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Saw this posted on real GM, what’re y’all’s thoughts on a Latrell Sprewell comp? Lol.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Sprewell always seemed to go to the hole w/ reckless abandon, kinda of like Bouk's drives when at times he seemingly is the only one certain of his level of control. Both are great finishers, often Spree would go full rage on the rim while Bouk hangs and fingerolls ala David Thompson.

Reaction Score
Sprewell always seemed to go to the hole w/ reckless abandon, kinda of like Bouk's drives when at times he seemingly is the only one certain of his level of control. Both are great finishers, often Spree would go full rage on the rim while Bouk hangs and fingerolls ala David Thompson.
Well said. Spree also had an elite mid-range game too

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bouk is a bit Allen-like in the way the ball comes off his shooting hand in the correct position no matter what's going on with the rest of his body.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom