Bouk #12 In Latest BR Mock Draft

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
And creating some buzz...

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
I am, figuratively, going to kill somebody if we don't get to see this beast lead our young men in the Tourni. I consider it karmic payback owed to us for the truncation of CV's march on March.

Reaction Score
Such a stud. He'll be even better if we find a viable 2nd option

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m going to vomit if either of the Kentucky guards go before him. Boston, who isn’t an explosive athlete, is shooting 37% from the floor and 15% from 3.

NBA likes size. It will be interesting to see Bouk get measured. Probably 6’4“ without shoes. But he is tough for his build. I think he shows a higher basketball IQ or instinct for the game than most and I don’t think it is really taught or learned.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
NBA likes size. It will be interesting to see Bouk get measured. Probably 6’4“ without shoes. But he is tough for his build. I think he shows a higher basketball IQ or instinct for the game than most and I don’t think it is really taught or learned.
Yeah def true. Another 2 inches he’d prob be a top 10 lock. Does look to have a good wingspan for his height (don’t think I’ve seen the actual measurement) and have to think he’ll help himself on the athleticism.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The most important thing is for Bouk to keep his 3pt% up. The NBA might not believe he is a primary playmaker, so being able to play off ball is crucial.

Reaction Score
Just hope he gets to a team that has a record of developing young players. I can care less where or who is picked in front of him.

Reaction Score
If Evan Mobley is #2 then his father Isaiah Whaley should be #1.

Also I’d be pleased with Memphis... they’re my 2nd favorite team and I like Jaren Jackson Jr. They could have something special with Ja, Bouk, Dillon Brooks, Jaren Jackson, and Valanciunas.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
As a player comp, I think I like Jamal Murray. Donovan Mitchell isn’t bad either but Mitchell is shorter and stronger; different kind of body but similar type of movements, hesitations, under control attacks ...

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
That’s really nitpicking. Anthony Edwards just went #1 overall. Bouknight’s high school measurements were about the same as Edwards NBA combine measurements and his length was viewed as a big strength, and athleticism can make up for a couple inches.

Reaction Score
12 is still too low. He’s a better prospect than these 6-11 guys.
Agreed. Admittedly I don’t know a ton about the guys ahead of him, but being around basketball for a long time, Bouk is a special talent, and he has that killer instinct and swagger to be a star in the NBA. I could easily see him working his way into a top 5 pick when all is said and done. Very excited for what his nba career could look like, and in fact, I haven’t been this excited about a UConn player since Ray Allen, and I followed every game of his in the NBA. Looking forward to doing the same for Bouk!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It is very disrespectful to Lamb to declare Bouknight better after 4 games. Let the season play out first.

I project them to be similar prospects.

Lamb played well for that disjointed 11-12 squad. But the same questions about him are there for bouk right now.

Plus we don’t know if bouk has a 7 foot wingspan yet. That would help him a lot.

the Q

Reaction Score
That’s really nitpicking. Anthony Edwards just went #1 overall. Bouknight’s high school measurements were about the same as Edwards NBA combine measurements and his length was viewed as a big strength, and athleticism can make up for a couple inches.

Edwards was also built like an nfl running back with the athleticism of a shooting guard.

I’m still not his biggest fan, but such a unique package and Pedigree deserves a decent look.

the Q

Reaction Score
You can't tell me lamelo ball is better than Bouknight.

First, they’re very different players.

Ball is a 6’5 point guard who was the best player in the entire Australian pro league. Compare that to guys like Brandon Jennings and then see who some of the players in the league were (quite a few former nba guys) and you realize he’s pretty good.

He cannot shoot right now, but his size, creativity, vision, and passing are all pluses for his position.

Bouk needs his shot to fall a lot more than ball to be that impact guy.

The good news is bouk still has months to keep improving it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Not nitpicking. Just trying to explain why guys like Boston are listed ahead of him. The only explanation I have is size. And as @the Q points out, size isn’t just height. From what I see Bouk has better skills and a better sense for the game that most of these guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom