Bouk #12 In Latest BR Mock Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk #12 In Latest BR Mock Draft

Reaction Score
As a player comp, I think I like Jamal Murray. Donovan Mitchell isn’t bad either but Mitchell is shorter and stronger; different kind of body but similar type of movements, hesitations, under control attacks ...

Great comparisons. This is the ceiling and very doable.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Great comparisons. This is the ceiling and very doable.

If he can show Murray’s level of ball handling and play making he will go around there Murray and hield went in 2016.

But he hasn’t so I think his current slot is fair. I just having lambs wingspan would move him up a few spots into the back end of the top ten as well.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I’m going to vomit if either of the Kentucky guards go before him. Boston, who isn’t an explosive athlete, is shooting 37% from the floor and 15% from 3.
I hear you and agree. They go on potential as you know and both Clarke and Boston are legit 6'7" guards with 7 foot plus wingspans. Be damned with the shooting percentages, shot selection and overall poor decision-making that I've seen from those two. Clarke is more explosive, and may turn out the better pro between the two. Boston, it is alleged is the more skilled and a better shooter. Still waiting to see the shooting he displayed at Sierra Canyon.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bouknight has the killer instinct. Lamb never had it, which is why he was always the perfect #2 scorer.

I think when it’s all said and done, Bouknight will be a top 10 pick. But we’ll need to be a Top 25 team for that to happen.

Reaction Score
Bouknight has the killer instinct. Lamb never had it, which is why he was always the perfect #2 scorer.

I think when it’s all said and done, Bouknight will be a top 10 pick. But we’ll need to be a Top 25 team for that to happen.

I agree 100%. Would LOVE Bouknight to join a fringe playoff team like Pelicans, Thunder, or Grizzlies. All great fits.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I agree Bouk has the potential to be better than lamb... he’s a better athlete

but let’s not get it twisted, Lamb followed almost the same trajectory as Bouk: #2 option as a freshman, #1 as a Sophomore. Ppl seem to be forgetting Lamb left after his Sophomore year not his freshman year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree Bouk has the potential to be better than lamb... he’s a better athlete

but let’s not get it twisted, Lamb followed almost the same trajectory as Bouk: #2 option as a freshman, #1 as a Sophomore. Ppl seem to be forgetting Lamb left after his Sophomore year not his freshman year.
Bouk was our best player at the end of the season. Lamb certainly wasn’t that as a freshman. He was a great shooter who fed off of the defenses trying to stop Kemba.

Bouknight isn‘t as good a shooter or defender. He’s shorter. But he’s a better athlete, and has better game skills. He reads defenses at an elite level. He reminds me of Tom Brady in that way. Overall I’d say Lamb had a higher floor and lower ceiling. I am so impressed with Bouk’s mental game that I think he will become unstoppable if he gets the amount of practice and focus that NBA players get to work on the physical stuff.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Bouknight is way more talented than Lamb.
I'm a Lamb fan, and I see way more raw talent in him than Jeremy. But they both have a tendency to lay back a bit for stretches.

Reaction Score
yeah and height is way off. lamb looks like garnett, bouk looks 6’4 with shoes. donovan mitchell is what 6’3? so athleticism means a lot. i’m not a hater but i find it comical with the comparisons to mitchell & murray. they’re top 20 nba

it’s like whoever compared jackson to ben simmons

cmooooon maaaan

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Bouk was our best player at the end of the season. Lamb certainly wasn’t that as a freshman. He was a great shooter who fed off of the defenses trying to stop Kemba.

Bouknight isn‘t as good a shooter or defender. He’s shorter. But he’s a better athlete, and has better game skills. He reads defenses at an elite level. He reminds me of Tom Brady in that way. Overall I’d say Lamb had a higher floor and lower ceiling. I am so impressed with Bouk’s mental game that I think he will become unstoppable if he gets the amount of practice and focus that NBA players get to work on the physical stuff.
I hear you but Bouk wouldn’t have been looking like the best player at the end of our season if we had a junior Kemba on the team.

Agree on the second paragraph. I mean we’ve yet to really see another team’s defense be able to stop Bouk. So far his tough spots have been his own decision making and are correctable. Most of the time it looks like he can score any time the ball touches his hands if he wants. That’s why I like the Devin Booker (who I think is an underrated athlete) comparison for Bouk. As you say, with a full time basketball schedule to polish his offensive skills he’ll be scary.

Reaction Score
Bouk will def get our NBA lottery pick train going again. Hopefully will start a long line of them again. Sux that we as UConn fans will only get a truncated season of him followed by some weird exhibition type year with stops and starts and maybe another one with no true end. Really hope he gets the chance to shine for us on the biggest stage

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Bouk will def get our NBA lottery pick train going again. Hopefully will start a long line of them again. Sux that we as UConn fans will only get a truncated season of him followed by some weird exhibition type year with stops and starts and maybe another one with no true end. Really hope he gets the chance to shine for us on the biggest stage
Crazy after all of our success to see that post the other day rooting on our 4 current NBA players for the upcoming season.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Lamb was finesse, Bouk is all of the above.

Reaction Score
we all agree that donovan mitchell is better than bouknight right?

right now

Reaction Score
He might be. Sample is too small at this point to make a decision.
How? He’s played like 35 games in a UConn uniform.

Time will tell, but Bouknight is objectively more talented. Lamb was also a very good NBA prospect, but he never had Bouknight’s ability to get to the rim at will.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I realize my earlier brilliant post that Bouk should wait a year, might disqualify me from further comment on his future. But I am getting pretty excited about his prospects. A lottery pick will prove that this coaching staff can get players to the league and really broaden our recruiting base.

Reaction Score
Crazy after all of our success to see that post the other day rooting on our 4 current NBA players for the upcoming season.

We haven't been good in a while

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How? He’s played like 35 games in a UConn uniform.

Time will tell, but Bouknight is objectively more talented. Lamb was also a very good NBA prospect, but he never had Bouknight’s ability to get to the rim at will.
You're never going to convince me he had the better freshman season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom