OT: - Boston restaurants | The Boneyard

OT: Boston restaurants

Reaction Score
We like Carmellina's the best out of the pasta factories on Hanover.
We live by Il Molo on the back side of the north end. It gets stellar reviews. Went there 2 nights ago for my bday dinner and was not overly impressed.
When I lived in Back Back I liked La Voile over there.
Really depends what you're looking for. For ultra fancy, I had my best meal ever at Ken Oringer's Clio, but then he turned it into a sushi place.
My wife and I are expecting soon, so I'm generally out of the loop now as we don't eat out much.
I can second HK for high end comfort food when I lived in Davis Sq years ago.

Reaction Score
Favorites?

What do you like to eat? Where will you be? Do you prefer trendy/modern or classic/simple? Are beer, wine or cocktails important? Average or expensive?

Reaction Score
highland kitchen in somerville

I have to second this. Great atmosphere, drinks, music, and southern comfort food.

Also love the Little Donkey for small plates, and Giulia's in Cambridge for best Italian/fresh pasta (better than North End IMO)

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The Smoke Shop in Kendall SQ or Assembly Row is incredible for NE BBQ.

Reaction Score
If you like Italian I highly recommend trying Erbaluce near the theater district - very creative menu with an emphasis on seafood. If you like Mediterranean, Sarma in Somerville will change your life. If you're looking for a great beer list, The Publick House in Brookline is a good bet.

Reaction Score
Very nice restaurant near Faneuil Hall called Fin Point 89 Broad Street Boston is beautiful with outstanding food. Seafood raw bar is outstanding and the atmosphere is great. Definitely upscale.

Reaction Score
Stay away from Barbara Lynch restaurants. A buddy and I worked at her restaurants when we were younger. The food may be good, but she is one nasty employer. Too many horror stories to tell.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Where do you visit after a ballgame at Fenway?

Reaction Score
Where do you visit after a ballgame at Fenway?

Is it a daygame?

Island Creek or Eventide for oysters, Sweet Cheeks for BBQ, Tiger Mama for asian, Tasty Burger/Uburger for burgers.

For drinks, Yard House for beer. Probably Eastern Standard for cocktails.

Reaction Score
Maggianos

Went there last time we were in town. It was ok. However, don’t try the “healthy or light” version of any of the dishes they offer. They really suck. Just walk off the calories instead.

Reaction Score
If you like Italian I highly recommend trying Erbaluce near the theater district - very creative menu with an emphasis on seafood.
Closed for good (http://www.erbaluce-boston.com). Building is being redeveloped.

The Smoke Shop in Kendall SQ or Assembly Row is incredible for NE BBQ.
There's one in the Seaport (343 Congress Street) also, just down the street from Row 34 (The Smoke Shop BBQ). It's not fine dining though (is any BBQ place?). Bonus - it's very close to the Trillium Brewing Company.

If you like sushi O Ya in the Leather District (near South Station) is supposed to be amazing. Hopefully you're on an expense account though because it's crazy expensive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom