OT: - Boston restaurants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Boston restaurants

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Closed for good (http://www.erbaluce-boston.com). Building is being redeveloped.

There's one in the Seaport (343 Congress Street) also, just down the street from Row 34 (The Smoke Shop BBQ). It's not fine dining though (is any BBQ place?). Bonus - it's very close to the Trillium Brewing Company.

If you like sushi O Ya in the Leather District (near South Station) is supposed to be amazing. Hopefully you're on an expense account though because it's crazy expensive.

O ya is fire I’ve spent a ton of money there

Reaction Score
Dolce Vita in the North End, Brown Sugar Thai, Craigie on Main in Cambridge, Wild Willy's burgers in Watertown, El pelton taqueria in the Fens, Mike's city diner and NY pizza in the South End, the chicken parm at Big Daddy's pizza and sub shop in Brighton, the breakfast club in Allston.

Reaction Score
Closed for good (http://www.erbaluce-boston.com). Building is being redeveloped.

There's one in the Seaport (343 Congress Street) also, just down the street from Row 34 (The Smoke Shop BBQ). It's not fine dining though (is any BBQ place?). Bonus - it's very close to the Trillium Brewing Company.

If you like sushi O Ya in the Leather District (near South Station) is supposed to be amazing. Hopefully you're on an expense account though because it's crazy expensive.

I get a little jealous about the Seaport now. I worked on Congress Street and 90% of the people there were John Hancock and Fidelity workers that couldn’t leave the area after work fast enough. There was almost nothing there. Fresh City was gourmet dining.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I love Lone Star (technically Cambridge I guess?) and Publick House (technically Brookline?)

Reaction Score
I get a little jealous about the Seaport now. I worked on Congress Street and 90% of the people there were John Hancock and Fidelity workers that couldn’t leave the area after work fast enough. There was almost nothing there. Fresh City was gourmet dining.

Same here. I worked at Eaton Vance. The Seaport just had Steve’s Pier 54 or whatever it was called. Nothing else.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
capital grille, summer shack, no name. and top of the hub for the view.
regina's (north end) is ok pizza, too. Kashmir on newberry st, is good and inexpensive, if ur looking for something different.

Reaction Score
Dolce Vita in the North End, Brown Sugar Thai, Craigie on Main in Cambridge, Wild Willy's burgers in Watertown, El pelton taqueria in the Fens, Mike's city diner and NY pizza in the South End, the chicken parm at Big Daddy's pizza and sub shop in Brighton, the breakfast club in Allston.

Shout out to Big Daddy's. They can make a sub. Almost in the time they quote you for delivery. I'm being sarcastic, but if you're in the delivery zone, they're the best.

Somerville is not Boston by any stretch, but a Boston rec in Somerville is peak BY.

When the OP tells me where he wants to go, let me know. Otherwise, me and everyone I know are going to Cambridge and Somerville restaurants. Maybe Seaport.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Let's grab dinner sometime. Maybe the Sarma bar, but like 2 hours before they open so we can sit.

I don't live in Boston anymore but I'll come back to Boston just for this lol.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Stay away from Barbara Lynch restaurants. A buddy and I worked at her restaurants when we were younger. The food may be good, but she is one nasty employer. Too many horror stories to tell.
Interesting. I don't know anything about her but I happened upon No. 9 Park for dinner a couple years ago and it was excellent.

Reaction Score
Anthony’s Pier 4?

That’s it. Lol. I’ve been to so many “So and So’s Pier Such and Such”, I cant remember which is which. Steve’s Pier One In Bayville, Long Island is the one I always confuse with Anthony’s in Boston. Both were good and both are gone. I miss those classic lobster and steak places with good sides, fresh bread, great service and sea air.

I like to try different things and enjoy different types of cuisine but ultimately, my favorite meals are high quality meat and fish with fresh, crisp vegetables, warm bread with cold butter and strong cocktails. I’ve had some great meals with great people in those places. Very warm and satisfying environment to me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We sold our house in South Boston in 2003. Bad timing. The Seaport was basically the World Trade, Harpoon, and the Seaport hotel plus the barking crab and a lot of parking lots.

Reaction Score
It's really built up but it's pretty lame.

MrP

Reaction Score
Grill 23 has been outstanding for a steak dinner every time I’ve been.

Elephant walk is great Vietnamese/French fusion and not too pricey.

Take these with a grain of salt it’s been a while

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That’s it. Lol. I’ve been to so many “So and So’s Pier Such and Such”, I cant remember which is which. Steve’s Pier One In Bayville, Long Island is the one I always confuse with Anthony’s in Boston. Both were good and both are gone. I miss those classic lobster and steak places with good sides, fresh bread, great service and sea air.

I like to try different things and enjoy different types of cuisine but ultimately, my favorite meals are high quality meat and fish with fresh, crisp vegetables, warm bread with cold butter and strong cocktails. I’ve had some great meals with great people in those places. Very warm and satisfying environment to me.
yes. I too miss the Peppermill (Westport, Connecticut)

Reaction Score
Parish cafe is in a great area in Back Bay, is one of the better sandwich spots, and one of the better beer spots in the city

Tons of great tapas places in back bay and south end. Look in to Barcelona, toro, and Lola

I haven’t lived in Boston in almost 4 years now and can’t give specific recommendations besides the Trillium brewery and Temezcal, but I know for a fact that the Waterfront has exploded with new stuff

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom