Boston announcement? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boston announcement?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I also note from the article that Aliyah is interested in communications and wants to work for ESPN.

Hmmmmm....

Sounds like she might be interested in a summer internship with Rebecca....

Reaction Score
I also note from the article that Aliyah is interested in communications and wants to work for ESPN.

Hmmmmm....

Sounds like she might be interested in a summer internship with Rebecca....

You didn't say ESPN...did you? :eek:

Reaction Score
So if Boston's team plays tonight at 6 PM EST, then has her signing ceremony at say 9 PM, and doesn't sign with UConn, how could Jones change her decision, and have everything notarized in time?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So if Boston's team plays tonight at 6 PM EST, then has her signing ceremony at say 9 PM, and doesn't sign with UConn, how could Jones change her decision, and have everything notarized in time?
As you imply, Jones has already made her decision. We just won’t know what it is until next week.

Reaction Score
As you imply, Jones has already made her decision. We just won’t know what it is until next week.
I was just thinking back to something someone said about Boston not coming means Jones won't either.

Reaction Score
What happens to a notarized document that is burned?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Dorf,

Let's summarize because you talked about this in the Jones thread. You think that if Boston commits to UCONN, the Huskies have a very good chance with Jones. If Boston goes to ND, Jones goes to Stanford.

Reaction Score
Dorf,

Let's summarize because you talked about this in the Jones thread. You think that if Boston commits to UCONN, the Huskies have a very good chance with Jones. If Boston goes to ND, Jones goes to Stanford.

I think she makes her decision totally independent of what Ms. Boston will do.

Reaction Score
Dorf,

I think Jones knows our will know before the rest of us what Boston is doing. To think it doesn't influence her decision would seem naive.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In one way no effect because they’ve both already made their separate decisions. In the other way more likely. Because I believe they’re linked.

Agreed that the choices are already made, they just haven't been announced yet. Why do UConn's most coveted recruits do this to us every year? Like Nancy Kerrigan said..........Whhhhyyyyy?!? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Agreed that the votes are already made, they just haven't been announced yet. Why do UConn's most coveted recruits do this to us every year? Like Nancy Kerrigan said.....Whhhhyyyyy?!? :eek:
We're not the only fan base saying this, though I think the short list of schools on Jones and Boston's lists are less optimistic than we are.

Reaction Score
I am starting to think I should avoid the BY for the rest of the day... The over-analysis of the decisions of two High School Girls is amazing. The Jones delay's her announcement thread got to 15 pages in just a day or 2... this one could get there too. Let's not think this to death... :rolleyes:

My magic 8 ball says "all signs are good"... so it will play out as it plays out. :);)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow! I had no idea that Worcester Academy sent the entire team to St Thomas to play an exhibition game. Really nice Thanksgiving break, considering how cold it will be in the Northeast over the next few days.

I remember reading somewhere that her entire team was going to be there this week. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the article at the time. I basically glossed over it. I thought it was for a tournament, but I was (correctly) informed by UConnCat that their season does not begin until December.

Some high schools have already started. My granddaughter's BB team is 2 games into a thanksgiving holiday tournament here in So. Cal, that will resume Friday. From my vantage point, it appears that this scenario was very carefully planned out by Boston's camp.

1. To be at home in the Virgin Islands during the early signing LOI period. 2. To have her entire team, coaches, parents, family, friends and neighbors all present with her. 3. And just by "coincidence", as luck would have it, UConn just happens to be on the island playing in a tournament that week.

That's a "PERFECT storm" if you ask me. Based on all of these things dovetailing very nicely into a nice tight little package, I'm stepping as far out on a limb as I can go (and putting my reputation.....such as it is, on the line), and predicting that Boston made up her mind long ago, and is joining the UConn family. She'll sign her LOI today at a formal signing ceremony and celebration in front of the people that are closest to her. She'll "officially" be a husky by the end of the day. :D

I'm so sure of this, I'm going to go all in and shove all my chips to the center of the table (Jim Fassel), and borrow a term from the late Justin Wilson, I guarantee it!!. ;)

Of course if I'm wrong, I'll have to step back into the shadows for awhile until this is forgotten by most of my BY brethren. :cool:

This is the kind of thing that can happen when you have lots of idle time on your hands waiting for a recruit to make their announcement. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I am starting to think I should avoid the BY for the rest of the day... The over-analysis of the decisions of two High School Girls is amazing. The Jones delay's her announcement thread got to 15 pages in just a day or 2... this one could get there too. Let's not think this to death... :rolleyes:

My magic 8 ball says "all signs are good"... so it will play out as it plays out. :);)

I think if her parents sit on her left side it means........:D

Reaction Score
In case of fire, get out, leave the valuables, but take the pets and LOI. :)
i meant intentionally discarded. It's possible for an individual to notarize two (or five) LOI's and only submit one.

Reaction Score
i meant intentionally discarded. It's possible for an individual to notarize two (or five) LOI's and only submit one.

Isn't the whole concept of needing something notarized so it can be witnessed? She's still on the hook for the school she had document notarized.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom