Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019

Reaction Score
Cool with what Matrim stated and the twitter thing to Bouknight, but just for the record Omoruyi will be 18 this October. Maybe we get'm next year.
Svi Mykhailiuk was barely 17 when he got to Kansas

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Cool with what Matrim stated and the twitter see you soon thing to Bouknight, but just for the record Omoruyi will be 18 this October.
Svi Mykhailiuk was barely 17 when he got to Kansas

Not to mention 18 is the appropriate age for him to be a frosh this fall. He’s be with his age appropriate classmates.

Reaction Score
Not to mention 18 is the appropriate age for him to be a frosh this fall. He’s be with his age appropriate classmates.

Turning 18 in October is young for a freshman in college. Most kids would be held back in this situation...hardly any enter college at age 17.

Plus, Matrim already said it wasn’t Cliff. End that speculation.

Reaction Score
Turning 18 in October is young for a freshman in college. Most kids would be held back in this situation...hardly any enter college at age 17.

Matrim didn’t say it wasn’t cliff. Unless I missed something

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Young by what, a month?

It’s pretty normal for someone to go when they turn 18.

Plus, it’s usually in ones best interest to start ASAP to try and maximize earning years. Whether as An athlete or not.

Reaction Score
Young by what, a month?

Plus, it’s usually in ones best interest to start ASAP to try and maximize earning years. Whether as An athlete or not.
The typical cutoff date for a grade is somewhere around November or December. So he'd be anywhere from 1-10 months younger than most kids entering college as freshmen

C

Chief00

At a urinal...I'm calling the police.
Suggest you call your buddy GM and discuss your version of recruiting - class catalogs, class schedules, tours of campus, etc. While Chief lives in the real world.

C

Chief00

I guess I never really put it together before just now, but the talent level we *may* have in that practice gym soon is gonna be amazing compared to what we've had over the past few years.

If you just look at where we were like, what, last year, with Lukas Kisunas and Emmitt Matthews compared to what we brought in this year with Bouknight, Akok, and Gaffney. Maybe Cliff too, but that'll be fun to watch unfold soon enough. That's quite the difference.

It's been hinted at on the board from a few credible sources that we're in really good position with a few top 50 players in 2020. Throw in RJ Cole too, of course. That's like, incredible to see. Point being, I'm starting to get really excited for the future, but not that I wasn't already.

P.S. thanks to those who share their info with the board!
Thanks / that was the recruiting dam break that Chief predicted last August. And just to correct the record for about the 10th time for the burner account posters - I did not follow Cliff in There - we just both happened to be there - and had a great time joking around. As far as Springs is concerned - Chief has posted positively about him numerous times these past few weeks.

Reaction Score
Young by what, a month?

Not “too young”, but definitely on the younger side. I know a lot more people born September - December that were held back rather than pushed forward. Very few people in my grade who were younger than me, and I was a July birthday. Many, many friends who were born the previous year in the fall that were in my grade.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Suggest you call your buddy GM and discuss your version of recruiting - class catalogs, class schedules, tours of campus, etc. While Chief lives in the real world.

Ah yes the person who plays an internet character lives in the real world.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would agree and was in the same boat as you about not putting it together. But I was looking at tcf's scholarship chart today and was looking at the roster for 2020. We only lose Vital and already have RJ Cole to step in to replace him. And whatever recruits we add from 2020 will be added to the entire team coming back. The roster in 2020 is the first time I feel we are going into a season with a healthy stacked roster with little to no question marks in forever.
I certainly hope that Akok is on next year's team, but I don't know if we should 100% expect it at this point.

Reaction Score
I don't take Matrims quote as eliminating CO. I think CO and RS are both being recruited for this coming yr. No clue what the probabilities are if any.

@tcf15 already emphasized that from all public reports CO is staying 2020. In terms of UConn's standing that remains to be seen, but sounds like he is a priority whenever he wants to come to college.

and enough people here have hinted at who they are targeting for to fill the last scholly

That's the TL;DR of the last 9 pages of comments

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
@tcf15 already emphasized that from all public reports CO is staying 2020. In terms of UConn's standing that remains to be seen, but sounds like he is a priority whenever he wants to come to college.

and enough people here have hinted at who they are targeting for to fill the last scholly

That's the TL;DR of the last 9 pages of comments
If he is 99% staying in 2020, still means he could come in 2019. All I said was they're recruiting him for this coming year, not that it will happen.

Reaction Score
Agree with you on this. Between Akok, Polley, and kind of Sid we're pretty set at the PF spot. Springs would be a luxury.

We desperately could use a serviceable center though. Unless Hurley thinks Springs could play the 5 a little bit. I don't know his game well enough to know.

Just no 3* reaches. We're on too many good players in 2020 to have a roster spot used up.
Our team has a new category PF/Center. If we think of it that way we have the backup to Carlton solved.

Reaction Score
Go play in traffic. He used both springs and cliff in the comment.

But the positive part was spring, and the negative was Cliff (fell off a Cliff, meaning the conversation went in that direction but was incorrect).

Reaction Score
I'd love to get on the Richie Springs bandwagon if somebody who has seen him play recently could post some positives about how he could contribute to this team and what they see as his strengths/skills.

The stats posted showed lousy in April and strong at Peach Jam supported by a couple particular games. Inconsistent results might be a function of his effort varying, the game plan, his health, or the opponent.

I saw him in person a couple of times a year ago when we were recruiting Bouknight and saw nothing remarkable in effort, IQ, size, strength, athleticism, skills, defense, rebounding, … truly nothing. It was a year ago, Bouknight was fighting through injury, maybe Springs wasn't 100% and I wasn't seeing his true play.

Is the 6'9 true? Physically is 6'9 200 lbs really fixing our problem in the paint? Especially if the 6'9 is exaggerated? Chief says he does the intangibles but doesn't bother to mention what they are. A year ago there wasn't obvious defensive rotation or communication, setting picks, playing with effort, getting and holding position under the boards, etc

By reports, the kid wants to come here. Being rated in the 140's, someone on the board must have seen him play games that demonstrate his upside. Posts so far haven't really been too authoritative from posters who have actually watched him. Spill the beans as to what is possible based on current play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom