Borges: Gilbert (back) gametime decision tomorrow, Wilson status unclear. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Borges: Gilbert (back) gametime decision tomorrow, Wilson status unclear.

Reaction Score
We had 3 guys foul out last time we played them and might have 6 scholarship players and only 1 walk-on this time. Hell a walk on TOOK THE LAST SHOT the last time we played them! If the same fouling result happened or we had an injury or whatever, there's a chance we'd have to play 3 or 4 vs. 5 on CV's senior night.

I don't know what Sid has done. If it is especially egregious that would ruin the culture by playing him, then sure, Hurley should not play him.

If you can use the circumstances as a motivating factor and spin it and let the team vote or something and let Sid dress (and play regularly or in emergencies as dictated by his conduct), then just do that. Let Sid earn the UConn uni by his peers decree. This "my team is on the floor" stuff is ridiculous and dramatic and idiotic. You all want to be hardo coaches from the 70's and 80's so bad. If you're building a culture 365, it can survive a guy coming in the game when you're down to 4 guys in a game and he has to play. You might even get a different sports movie moment out of it.
I’m cool with that. Just really disappointed in sid- he knows the team desperately needs him, get yer ish together. He s had many chances. Cmon Sid WAke up!!!

Reaction Score
So, do tell, what has Sid done?
We don't know and we may never know but we do know that he has not met expectations laid out by Coach Hurley and the staff while the other members of the team apparently have. That's good enough for me. The coaching staff doesn't have to let all of us know every rule in place.

Reaction Score
For those killing Coach what about Sid holding up his end of end of the bargain. Dan would like nothing more that to keep winning but it’s obvious to me that Sid did something(s) too egregious to let slide. Without knowing what the violation(s) were I am willing to trust Coach. Dan is probably doing this as much for Sid’s future as the team’s.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sid made his bed and needs to sleep in it. It is what it is. Anyone who thinks Hurley doesn't give second or third chances doesn’t know him. At some point, you can’t keep doing that.
If DH has reasons to not play Sid that's fine as long as the expectations are level team wide.
Not being a smart arse Chief00
But by saying that indicates you know what Sid did/accused of doing
IF DH wants to keep the supposed transgression "in the family" why would you know and if he has allowed some outside the family to know then I am questioning his confidentiality.
I have spoken to DH numerous times but I don't know him.

Reaction Score
Sid made his bed and needs to sleep in it. It is what it is. Anyone who thinks Hurley doesn't give second or third chances doesn’t know him. At some point, you can’t keep doing that.

If DH has reasons to not play Sid that's fine as long as the expectations are level team wide.
Not being a smart arse Chief00
But by saying that indicates you know what Sid did/accused of doing
IF DH wants to keep the supposed transgression "in the family" why would you know and if he has allowed some outside the family to know then I am questioning his confidentiality.
I have spoken to DH numerous times but I don't know him.

I think you're reading way to much into Chief's comment...

"Sid made his bed (did enough to be suspended indefinitely by DH) and needs to sleep in it (accept the consequences)."

Pretty straight forward. Doesn't mean he knows what Sid did or was informed by DH.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
letting players vote on discipline? This isn’t a democracy. It’s not being a hardo because you are holding people accountable for their actions.

One man's democracy is another man's players taking ownership of their team. I mentioned earlier I could see bringing in the seniors and see what their perspective is on the situation.
As the coach/leader of the organization hearing from the seniors gives DH a great perspective on what DH's two years of coaching/mentoring/leading has gotten through to the seniors. It's a helluva feedback mechanism on desired culture without any of the academics. The seniors have a real life situation to see how they think the program should act.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Look at all the fans who attacked KO for not giving it his all wanting to have a kid play for not applying himself.

Reaction Score
Sid needs to go to Hurley and say " I'll sit out two games next year to play this one for my brothers on senior night. I let them down and they need me. I'll pay the cost with interest just don't let me hurt them any more than I have." DO IT SID!

Reaction Score
H
One man's democracy is another man's players taking ownership of their team. I mentioned earlier I could see bringing in the seniors and see what their perspective is on the situation.
As the coach/leader of the organization hearing from the seniors gives DH a great perspective on what DH's two years of coaching/mentoring/leading has gotten through to the seniors. It's a helluva feedback mechanism on desired culture without any of the academics. The seniors have a real life situation to see how they think the program should act.
hearing Players opinions and voting are as different as night and day.....i have no doubt hurley solicits feedback from players...a team vote tho no way

Reaction Score
H

hearing Players opinions and voting are as different as night and day.....i have no doubt hurley solicits feedback from players...a team vote tho no way
Agree. Hurley should not and will not cede responsibility for the Sid decision on a team vote. Coach is paid to make difficult decisions.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Sid needs to go to Hurley and say " I'll sit out two games next year to play this one for my brothers on senior night. I let them down and they need me. I'll pay the cost with interest just don't let me hurt them any more than I have." DO IT SID!
Hurleys not a loan shark. Also surprised that a lot of this stuff never leaks. In today's age it's really hard to keep anything high profile like this secretive.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hurleys not a loan shark. Also surprised that a lot of this stuff never leaks. In today's age it's really hard to keep anything high profile like this secretive.

With the previous regime, we would have already known the reason by now. Oz can't help here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Shot a man in Reno. Just to watch him die.

smh
Yeah but when he thinks about it he hangs his head and cries.

Reaction Score
Looks like Papa Hurley is letting Sid stay up late tonight

NATIONAL. TITLE. BACK. ON.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What? He’s not likely to even be here next year.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

Was something announced ? Or are you at the game and saw something?

Reaction Score

Still a game time decision but my guess is if he is really needed Coach is going to do whatever he can to give Al and CV a win on Senior Day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom